Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Suburu Quality ... haha :)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2006, 02:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suburu Quality ... haha :)

I found this thread funny... So much for Suby > mitsu quality. I've got ZERO rattles.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=898929
Old Feb 4, 2006, 02:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DreamLike1
I found this thread funny... So much for Suby > mitsu quality. I've got ZERO rattles.

got some rattles, but cant hear them over the TBE...
Old Feb 4, 2006, 02:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AlohaEvo
got some rattles, but cant hear them over the TBE...
+1
Old Feb 4, 2006, 04:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They have a shift light and audible indicator.....I want one, the evo needs one badly.....

I don't want the shift light feature, I just want the audible.....
Old Feb 4, 2006, 05:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DreamLike1

I have a few rattles, but none of them are major.

Not that I'm defending Subaru quality, but some individual cars make more noise than others, and this is not necessarily an indication of overall quality. For example, the 2005-2006 Acura RL has its share of rattles, but they are generally well put together.
Old Feb 4, 2006, 05:59 AM
Evolving Member

The cars we drive are tin cans going down the road. You are going to hear a lot of things that you wouldn't hear in other cars. Don't get me wrong, I love my EVO, but
it's worse in the EVO than it was in my old STi.
Old Feb 4, 2006, 06:01 AM

Yeh, just because the car is rattling doesn't mean it's a POS. Every car I've ever been in has rattled after going over a nice enough bump.

Of course this is the wrong board to say this on, but even though I like everything else about the Evo better, I have to say that the fit and finish of the STi is tighter and a little better than the Evo. Also, I know for a fact that Subaru backs their warranties a hell of a lot better than Mitsubishi does, so that itself proves the overall quality of the car/company.
Old Feb 4, 2006, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

I have the most annoying rattle in my car that just started. It's coming from the driver's side seat belt, but only when I have the belt on. It's like the buckle is rattling while its connected.
Old Feb 4, 2006, 07:20 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Euromagination
Yeh, just because the car is rattling doesn't mean it's a POS. Every car I've ever been in has rattled after going over a nice enough bump.

Of course this is the wrong board to say this on, but even though I like everything else about the Evo better, I have to say that the fit and finish of the STi is tighter and a little better than the Evo. Also, I know for a fact that Subaru backs their warranties a hell of a lot better than Mitsubishi does, so that itself proves the overall quality of the car/company.
Even the 911 rattles???? Say it isn't so
Old Feb 4, 2006, 08:22 AM

The only things that rattle in my 05 evo are my teeth, particularly during cornering.
Old Feb 4, 2006, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Barnettevo
Even the 911 rattles???? Say it isn't so
LOL. The 911's rear deck talks to me sometimes if I hit a big enough bump. Some people think that just because you pay a little extra, the laws of physics involved with fit and finish do not apply.

It's a shame isn't it?

A buddy of mine has a Ferrari F355 with about 20k miles on it and it has a rattle or two as well. One sounds like a bird chirping under the seat. No matter how much you pay for a car, after thousands of miles sports cars with firm suspension are going to rattle and it cracks me up how people act about it--especially when most of the cars that are less than $50k these days are fastened together on the inside with about 500 plastic clips that are bound to work themselves loose and cause the panel to rattle or squeak after a while.
Old Feb 4, 2006, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
Originally Posted by nnorris7413
I have the most annoying rattle in my car that just started. It's coming from the driver's side seat belt, but only when I have the belt on. It's like the buckle is rattling while its connected.
I have the same rattle and it just recently started.
Old Feb 4, 2006, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

snakes
Old Feb 4, 2006, 10:21 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Euromagination

I have to agree with the fit and finish...
Old Feb 4, 2006, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've traded in a couple of '02 WRX's with 60K+ miles. They feel like they rattle more to me then the 60, 80, even 90K+ Lancers I have seen. I haven't come up on any higher mileage Evo trades yet, so it will be interesting to see what the cars are like when they get older. Right now I think Mitsubishi has the edge for fit and finish.