Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

V8 wants to run

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2006, 08:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by inariv5573
At least he gave you a thumbs up. What I don't understand is why he put his blinkers on. Did he think he beat you? A false sense because you didn't even try.
I think he put his thumbs up as a sign to say "let's go from a roll" and then when i did not go, he gunned it and when he got far enough so that he thinks i won't chase him, he put his blinkers on. Oh well
Old Feb 6, 2006, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LimPShoT
funnier thing is this guy at work thinks he is gonna build his pos honda civic and make it faster than my evo!! what a waste of my time hehe
There are many people that think like you do and get a "humbling" experience, I have watched so many people build insane street cars. It's definitely an experience to see 400hp-500+hp "POS" daily driver CRX's/Civic's or any other underestimated car, smoke cars imports/domestics time and time again. Those types are around and a lot more common than you think.
Old Feb 6, 2006, 09:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4g63_24
HI evom buddies,

I was driving home from school and as I was crusing on the freeway, a mustang quickly chased me and got right beside me, first he gave me a thumbs up and then he wanted to go at it. I looked at him like what... then he guns it and takes off to show me how fast his car was and then a mile down, he turns on his blinkers. I was thinking to myself, wtf? My car only has 126 miles on it and i am going to baby it until it breaks in. But really, i was tempted to gun it as well but for the shake of my EVO and my driving records, I'll pass. Is there any EVO owners who own a 2005 -06 Mustang that is V8. I just want to know how they compare to my IX.
Something like that happened to me when I just got my car. Had 260 miles on it at the time. This 2000 Acura TL Type-S was up my ***. Pride got a hold of me, but I was shifting before 5k. That was the first time I let my car out of the cage for a bit.
Old Feb 6, 2006, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Warrtalon,
Trust me, I boost often and yes i stay under 5k....for now. The car is amazing so far.
Good, then you aren't babying it as you mentioned.
Old Feb 6, 2006, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

I put a hurting on a 2005 Saleen S281 about 3 weeks ago. Good times.
Old Feb 6, 2006, 09:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LimPShoT
funnier thing is this guy at work thinks he is gonna build his pos honda civic and make it faster than my evo!! what a waste of my time hehe
a k20 hatch beat my evo when it was stock. and theres faster civics than your car :\
Old Feb 6, 2006, 09:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Amazing story.
LOL!

That made me spit soda on my keyboard. thx warrtalon
Old Feb 6, 2006, 11:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Amazing story.

Now, whatever you do, don't baby your Evo. That is not how it is meant to be broken-in. Be sure to boost and boost often, but just don't go beyond 5k RPM for the first 500-600 miles if you're really worried.
lol good advice Warr. But i've noticed that i only got 2k of boost if the limit was 5k. foot slipped a lil and i hit boost cus i was sitting rite under it...very abrupt accel off cus the tach was fast...@.@

i'm at 67 miles atm.

Last edited by CRVdrftR05; Feb 6, 2006 at 11:35 PM.
Old Feb 6, 2006, 11:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HI evom buddies,

I was driving home from school and as I was crusing on the freeway, a mustang quickly chased me and got right beside me, first he gave me a thumbs up and then he wanted to go at it. I looked at him like what... then he guns it and takes off to show me how fast his car was and then a mile down, he turns on his blinkers. I was thinking to myself, wtf? My car only has 126 miles on it and i am going to baby it until it breaks in. But really, i was tempted to gun it as well but for the shake of my EVO and my driving records, I'll pass. Is there any EVO owners who own a 2005 -06 Mustang that is V8. I just want to know how they compare to my IX.
there is always next time
Old Feb 7, 2006, 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by Jakeg97
there is always next time
Maybe he just thought it was funny to turn on his blinkers. Mustang owners can have a sense of humor too.
Old Feb 7, 2006, 06:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
I put a hurting on a 2005 Saleen S281 about 3 weeks ago. Good times.
Was it the s/c Saleen? Should beable to hear it when it gets on it? If so nice kill.
Old Feb 7, 2006, 07:00 AM
Former Sponsor

my friend built a crx for 6k and it runs a mid to low 11...6k including the car and some labor..
can say **** bout honda...they're the real deal....saying those are ****ty is just being stupid cause ur next car will proll be a honda...im sure u said mitsu sucks at one point too...

cheers
Old Feb 7, 2006, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by heyzeus11
Was it the s/c Saleen? Should beable to hear it when it gets on it? If so nice kill.
IIRC They're all blown.
Old Feb 7, 2006, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

I thought that to myself too, don't the v8 in the mustang have over 280 hps?

Be that as it may, I have run one several times both b4 and after my build. Stock you will far up quite nice to them, a reflash and turbo back you will walk them.. Getting into serious mods you will fly by them as if they were not moving.

*on a nice inclosed tracked away from harm and or danger. I got to play with one several times. Luckly it was me and some buddies. My car was a stage 1 sig plus vishnu build (do a search for info) at the time. You being on evo 9 a flash and turbo back exhaust would yeild you the same power I was at. My buddy was stock 05 Evo. To really show things in favor of the GT we all did several runs.

stock 05 vs stock 05 GT mustang
-30 mph roll, Stang jumps a fender but very slowly evo regains next to him only to stay that way.
-Dig, Welll we didnt have to say it but when the evo got a decent launch it won, other than that they were even.
-10 mph roll mustang had its way with the evo.

Vishnu stage 1 sig plus (400 BHP) vs 05 GT mustang
-30 mph roll, no jump by the stang and the evo just walks and walks and walks
-Dig, Im not great and launching so I do a light launch but still even with slight bog I walk and walk and walk
10 mph, Stang jumps hard a good car ahead but evo gets upto speed, next to him, then bye bye.

Now im up to some "big kid" mods and im rdy to play with a new cobra and or new z06.

cheers
B
Old Feb 7, 2006, 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by slo4g63
There are many people that think like you do and get a "humbling" experience, I have watched so many people build insane street cars. It's definitely an experience to see 400hp-500+hp "POS" daily driver CRX's/Civic's or any other underestimated car, smoke cars imports/domestics time and time again. Those types are around and a lot more common than you think.

I was going to say dont count out a "pos honduh" A friend and I just built and sold one that would give bikes a hurt feeling or too. 600 plus to the ground. You can PM me for info if you would like im not going to take this off topic.

good call slo4g63