Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Need opinions on what to do next

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2006, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need opinions on what to do next

I have

TBE, 272's, cam gears, intake w/pipe, bov, walbro, safcII, dynoflash, mbc, lowered, tint, boost and egt gauges, scanmaster, and i'm sure i'm forgeting a few little things. I am going to set aside about 300 bucks from my taxes and put it towards my car. I am looking for suggestions on what to get next. A tune is definately one of them but I can get that for less than 100 so tops about 250 to spend. Any suggestions?

I was thinking either shifter bushings and ignalls stiffy
or
10.5 hotside (if it's worth it)

I am still not sure if the 10.5 hotside is worth it or not. I have not read too in depth on the subject.

Also, alchy or nitrous or anything like that I do not want, just a simple bolt on. I know I'm being kinda picky but any suggestions are welcome. Thank you

-Mike
Old Feb 7, 2006, 07:49 PM
Account Disabled

I would go with the 10.5 hotside it really does help alot!!
I have the tme turbo and i love it. Well good luck!
Old Feb 7, 2006, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
i go with alk injection run more boost on pump
Old Feb 7, 2006, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How can you get a reflash for less than $100?

You should add a 10.5 hotside and a Powerflex front motor mount. Don't spend all that money on a stiffy, when the $50 motor mount will be a much better solution for limiting engine movement.

Hey, sharkbite, when did you hit 10s? I thought your car was getting the new turbo this week. I didn't know you found time to run 10s on the stroker w/stock turbo in the Winter in CT. Did you drive back down to Florida and hit the drag strip?
Old Feb 7, 2006, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
How can you get a reflash for less than $100?

You should add a 10.5 hotside and a Powerflex front motor mount. Don't spend all that money on a stiffy, when the $50 motor mount will be a much better solution for limiting engine movement.

Hey, sharkbite, when did you hit 10s? I thought your car was getting the new turbo this week. I didn't know you found time to run 10s on the stroker w/stock turbo in the Winter in CT. Did you drive back down to Florida and hit the drag strip?

+1 on the powerflex. just installed mine on sunday...what a difference!!!!
Old Feb 7, 2006, 08:22 PM

Rear sway bar and endlinks...
Old Feb 7, 2006, 08:38 PM
Account Disabled

alky if you can get the extra cash
Old Feb 7, 2006, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Come on, guys, he said he didn't want alky, yet two of you still suggested it...
Old Feb 7, 2006, 09:02 PM
Evolving Member

i know this is out of your price range, i didn't see a clutch there so if not then i would highly suggest that with your mods because if you are on the stocker it won't be long intill that goes out.
Old Feb 7, 2006, 09:09 PM
Account Disabled

He is asking for my suggestion and thats what I gave him, for smaller mods the shifter bushings + powerflex motor mount bushing make shifting night and day with some added vibration, I just don't see doing any powermods like a 10.5 housing (I would do 02 at same time if possible) + tuning for around 300. Maybe some LICP but they really don't have great gains for the price.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 01:32 AM

i have a baseline dynoflash already so it would just be fine tuning with the safc with the new parts. I don't really want to go with alchy although it does work incredible. I will look into that motor mount, sounds like a good idea. The 10.5 hotside keeps on getting a lot of rave so that seems like something worth doing as well. I appreciate all of the suggestions! the motormount/hotside combo seems like a good idea to do. Any other suggestions would be great! thanks again!

-Mike
Old Feb 12, 2006, 09:11 PM

bump, will have 600 to spend. Any more suggestions? (150 is already called for on a ralliart spoiler)
Old Feb 12, 2006, 09:53 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Wave
Rear sway bar and endlinks...
+1
Old Feb 12, 2006, 09:55 PM

I am pretty happy with how it handles and brakes. I'm really just looking for something for speed about now. Appreciate it though!

-Mike
Old Feb 12, 2006, 10:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MDoe8
I have

TBE, 272's, cam gears, intake w/pipe, bov, walbro, safcII, dynoflash, mbc, lowered, tint, boost and egt gauges, scanmaster, and i'm sure i'm forgeting a few little things. I am going to set aside about 300 bucks from my taxes and put it towards my car. I am looking for suggestions on what to get next. A tune is definately one of them but I can get that for less than 100 so tops about 250 to spend. Any suggestions?

I was thinking either shifter bushings and ignalls stiffy
or
10.5 hotside (if it's worth it)

I am still not sure if the 10.5 hotside is worth it or not. I have not read too in depth on the subject.

Also, alchy or nitrous or anything like that I do not want, just a simple bolt on. I know I'm being kinda picky but any suggestions are welcome. Thank you

-Mike
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=183514

Quick Reply: Need opinions on what to do next