Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Debadging......

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2003, 02:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey mojo.. that's exactly what i was planning on doing. oh for you guys worried about paint fade when you take your badges off.. you better do it while it's pretty new or it'll take a while for it to go away... if waxing dosen't help that is...
Old May 27, 2003, 02:54 AM
Evolving Member

i must agree, the evo8 "lancer evolution" is ugly. i like the evo7 "evolution vii" better.
Old May 27, 2003, 05:48 PM

Originally posted by ksource
Help somebody! I debadged Lancer Evolution off of my brother's Evo for him with floss and googone. The results left an outline of the lettering that you can see in the light. I didn't wax and buff the area because I didn't have time. So I'm assuming that I need to wax that area. What specific brand would leave the best results besides Zaino? Something you can buy at a store. Thanks!
Well?

I don't want to do the same thing to my car when I get it. I mean I didn't do any damage, I just want to do it right looking like the badges where never put on.
Old May 27, 2003, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by LanEvo
badges to replace it??

personally...i think most ppl who debadge their cars are because they're ashamed of it
Thats why I debaged my M5 - and SL 600 within 15 mins of when i pciked them up !!

Did you ever think that some people rather stay low key and not show off???
Old May 27, 2003, 06:07 PM

Originally posted by ksource

Well?

I don't want to do the same thing to my car when I get it. I mean I didn't do any damage, I just want to do it right looking like the badges where never put on.
Since I work at a detail shop and have been detailing for about 4 years now, i know the asnswers to your questions

After you take the stickers/emblems off, you have to take the "sticky stuff" off, we use something called "wax and tar remover" and "nylon spotter". After that, you have to use some sort of cleaner wax to finish it off. You can use a paste wax if you want to, but its not necessary. I took my 12 year old "Nissan" stickers off the day I bought the car (about 6months ago), and waxed it and it looks like there has never been anything there before. And I will take all the emblems off the EVO once I get one. Hope that helped, PM me if you need any more help or have any more questions.
Old May 27, 2003, 06:31 PM

Grately appreciate it Espo! I will try the method, and hopefully it will work. The THICK sticky stuff on my bro's car took thirty mins. to take off, it was horrible. I used some old googone that was real liquidy, and didn't do well unless I applied alot of pressure going upwards using a cloth with my thumbs. The results left minor surface sratches covering the area which, hopefully, can be buffed out.
Old May 27, 2003, 10:06 PM
Evolving Member

I have debadged every car I have ever had. And one day when I get my e46 M3 the badge will come off as well.
Old May 27, 2003, 10:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
heat guns, wax and a credit card
Old May 27, 2003, 10:18 PM
Evolved Member

Speaking of Evo VII rear badge, has anyone had any luck finding a place to get the larger Evolution from the VII?
Old May 27, 2003, 10:36 PM
Evolved Member

Do you debadgers remove the labels from your beers before or after you drink them? Does it taste any better?

Cheers
Old May 29, 2003, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
my debadged Tarmac Black...

check it out! Just use your fingers to roll the goo off when your done taking the badge off. Very easy. I did this in 10 minutes with a hairdrier and my fingers! Left NO scratches, and you cant even tell anything was there...
Attached Thumbnails Debadging......-debadge.jpg  
Old May 29, 2003, 01:01 PM
Evolving Member

Heat is not necessary or good for your paint.
I would not use any kind of "scraper" either.
I used 3M adhesive remover.
It took 2 minutes.
It is the best for removing tar also.
Old May 29, 2003, 01:14 PM

Originally posted by skibum
Heat is not necessary or good for your paint.
I would not use any kind of "scraper" either.
I used 3M adhesive remover.
It took 2 minutes.
It is the best for removing tar also.
I've heard dental floss works well. What is the process when using 3M adhesive remover? How do you get the stuff behind the badge, just squirt it on top and let it drip/seap in?
Old May 29, 2003, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
just rub the gooy stuff with your fingers, it will roll off easily. Then just wax the rest off! dont be affraid
Old May 29, 2003, 03:18 PM

Another point is, if you don't debadge your car, someone else might do it for you eventually. There are tons of Hondas and Acuras out there without their badges. I really hope Mitsu badges aren't targeted as well.

Quick Reply: Debadging......