Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Exhaust???

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2006, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder if that's the most expensive exhaust you can get for the evo. Jeez... $1850 that's like a Buschur Stage II or something...
Old Feb 12, 2006, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

what about turbo xs
Old Feb 12, 2006, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jhanksevo
what about turbo xs
What about it?
Old Feb 12, 2006, 08:43 AM

True... I see what you mean. My mitake.
Old Feb 12, 2006, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
How can you make those 2 statements back to back? $800 is ridiculously expensive for a cat-back. It's more than a full TBE.
well... since you never answered me about your ti preferences before when i asked... i guess i know your stance now. quite frankly... ti is worth it to me... you can't call me stupid cuz your exhaust weighs more than mine, there is something there that is important, to me, the price? that's not important, only the fact that it does the same thing but is lighter.

as for stock exhaust? it's not better if it causes the same hassle... having to show the judge is 90 percent of the hassle... as most catbacks don't break any rules and non break any rules after you silence them. having to go to a ref and get this written off, or go to the high way patrol to show them that it is stock so they can excuse your ticket is already all the trouble. sorry you don't understand cuz you don't live in california (which is also the place you would get cited for a stock exhaust consequently).

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
That wasn't the point, though. Personal preference is fine, but you tried to say that they aren't REALLY that expensive, then said you had 2 for sale for $800, which is $200 more than my full TBE. THAT was the point.

As far as pros and cons, the only pro is 8-10lbs of weight savings over a stainless steel exhaust with no gain in power, but is that worth the extra $500 or so? You can save 30-40lbs with a mini-battery.
see this is the thing... i have the mini battery AND the ti exhaust... so that's 10 pounds yer car is gonna have to lose somewhere else... can you make it up? cuz everywhere you can lose weight... i can lose too... until you get to the exhaust in which case... yours is heavier... i'm not trying to compete... i'm just being facetious. when it comes down to it... there is reason to go lighter in the exhaust area... that reason is not price.

Last edited by trinydex; Feb 12, 2006 at 11:01 AM.
Old Feb 12, 2006, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by trinydex

see this is the thing... i have the mini battery AND the ti exhaust... so that's 10 pounds yer car is gonna have to lose somewhere else... can you make it up? cuz everywhere you can lose weight... i can lose too... until you get to the exhaust in which case... yours is heavier... i'm not trying to compete... i'm just being facetious. when it comes down to it... there is reason to go lighter in the exhaust area... that reason is not price.

Your telling me that ~$500 is worth 10lbs in weight savings?
Old Feb 12, 2006, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't need to lose 10lbs for $500, sorry. You may have a reason to if you're going for the lightest car possible for ultimate racing reasons, but we're talking about the majority of people here. I'm not interested in you as an individual not caring how you waste your money. I'm interested in helping noobs understand that all they are getting is a namebrand and 8-10lbs of weight savings, neither of which will be as valuable as using that $500 for a set of cams or alky injection or a full custom tune (the list goes on and on).
Old Feb 12, 2006, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fsugatorbait
Your telling me that ~$500 is worth 10lbs in weight savings?
for one it's not 500 dollars and for two... if there's no other weight to be lost anywehre else... then yes that would be worth it. eventually there will be a cf hood that saves me 7 pounds... and i will pay damn near 1000 dollar for it.

[QUOTE=Warrtalon]I'm not interested in you as an individual not caring how you waste your money. [QUOTE]
that's cute. and i guess it's a waste huh... cuz i'm trying to make an ultimate car.... i guess kent jordan's car is lame cuz he spent all kinds of money putting in a roll cage and stripping everything out. and i guess he's lame cuz he has a greddy ti.

you know... you go around injecting your way of thinking and what if people aren't so interested in that? i don't understand why you believe your purpose is so grand.... i didn't come on trying to attack you at all... i just said that sometimes titanium offers benefits that you can't find elsewhere. but somehow you need to make it your purpose to take down what other people do that's not the ultimate cheapness even if there is then a good purpose behind it.

you now make no sense to me why? cuz the evo is a race car... my purpose? build it like one. in MY opinion... 80% of the people that own evos shouldn't.... how's that? but seriously... i don't need to go around tellin' everyone they should sell their evo cuz they drag race it or cuz they keep it stock and drive it to work everyday...

Last edited by trinydex; Feb 12, 2006 at 03:09 PM.
Old Feb 12, 2006, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

None of that changes the fact that it's not worth it to pay an extra $500 for such a small weight savings unless you're so loaded with money that you don't care. The Evo can be raced and raced quite well without frivolously spending money on a namebrand Ti exhaust...
Old Feb 12, 2006, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

... you realise a non name brand would be MORE costly right? the greddy ti can be had for 600 bucks used. and what do you mean it's not "worth it"

i don't understand why you don't cite robi's car... it's got a br exhaust... no titanium on the tail pipe... but he has a ti strutbar... fibergalss doors... all kinds of cf.... is he loaded with money and doesn't care? hardly i'd say... but he cares about his weight savings. and if he wasn't sponsered by br would he get a ti exhaust if someone offered him a good deal? i'd say yes...

you may get the idea that i spend "frivolously" but i don't buy anything unless it's a deal and almost all the parts on my car are used... however the WORTH of weight... you can't put a pricetag on that... and YOU can't... cuz how do you determine it's worth? absolutely subjective. and if you took the objective route then you'd have to say it's "worth" it cuz you can only lose so much weight on the car before you run outta car to lose.
Old Feb 12, 2006, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

Still not relevant to 99% of Evo owners. I don't know why you keep giving extreme examples. Robi is a one of a kind - I expect him to have the ultimate parts for his racing purposes. It is also part of his business. Now, you're talking about going around and buying parts used, yet the cost of that Ti cat-back is STILL more than my full TBE brand new (can get that used, too). You're talking extremely frivolous spending when going with a Ti cat-back. The money can be spent elsewhere for much greater power-to-weight gains, so it only becomes useful once you've already expended every other option. Sorry, but your catback purchase doesn't usually come at the end of the modding process...
Old Feb 12, 2006, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

If you want to go faster, you have 3 options:

1) Spend $ to lose weight (on your car, I mean)
2) Spend $ for more power
3) Spend A LOT of $ to try and do both.

For most Evo owners, you can do #1 for free, and #2 you can do very smartly. For people with big bucks #3 is the best! I've done "show" mods to my Evo, so I can appreciate doing things because of the way they look. The thing is if you can spend $1500 on one thing that saves 10lbs or you can spend the same amount on several items that together get you 50+hp, there really should be no discussion... in other words gaining 50-100hp is better than losing 10 lbs on a 3200lb car.
Old Feb 12, 2006, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

for one it's not 500 dollars and for two... if there's no other weight to be lost anywehre else... then yes that would be worth it. eventually there will be a cf hood that saves me 7 pounds... and i will pay damn near 1000 dollar for it.
Than you're certifiable. If your only reason for getting a CF hood is to save 7lbs and your willing to spend $1k to do so, you seriously need to talk to someone. Dont compare this to the driver who races for a living with a cage and gutted car, im talking about you.
Old Feb 12, 2006, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fsugatorbait
Than you're certifiable. If your only reason for getting a CF hood is to save 7lbs and your willing to spend $1k to do so, you seriously need to talk to someone. Dont compare this to the driver who races for a living with a cage and gutted car, im talking about you.
but that's what i'm building towards.... is that hard to believe? i'm workin' towards retiring my evo as a full blown trailor queen within 3 years... so why do i have to get therapy for that? the track ***** is my therapy...

and another few things... since when did horsepower to weight ratio make you corner better?

since when did horsepower to weight ratio make you brake for shorter distances? (quite the opposite actually)

there's more to racing than a horsepower to weight ratio... and you should know this warr, you autocross. don't tell me it's fun to have a fat pig pushing around the cones... that's not fun... that's annoying.

robi is hardly one of a kind... if you guys bothered to look into the suspension forum or the motorsports forum you'd see that the bickering between companies has by and large STOPPED when it comes to the REAL RACING. chronohunter, robi, john mueller, and now even works are showcasing their VERY FINE vERY WELL and INDEPENDANTLY DEVELOPED suspension solutions... all to give us a good time at the track and intween the cones. oh yeah... adn they all have their race cars... in in most cases... mULTIPLE race cars that they toon and showcase.

one of robi's best patrons is nils... you're gonna tell me his car is lame? i already mentioned kj's car, paul's own car and several vishnu evos represent his sus tooning and we know works has QUITE A FEW evos. if you don't repect these guys... then like i said... in my opinion... 80 percent of evo owners shouldn't own evos.