Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

3 hours at Medina Mitsu

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2006, 05:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3 hours at Medina Mitsu

So.. I'm not sure if this is a rant or a plea for some advice. I have a 2004 w/ SSL 35k miles on it. Excellent condition. All stock.

So I stopped at the Medina Mitsu in Northeast Ohio to check out the IX. They had about 5 or 6 evo's. They had a GG IX BR350 sitting in the showroom. Nice job Buschur! I test drove the IX MR and a regular IX. They said they'd pull the BR350 off the showroom floor and let me drive that as well if I wanted. Very friendly/helpfull sales guy out in Medina.

They were asking like 37 for the MR and 36 or so for the BR350. I like the MR.. don't like the price. The BR350 is NOICE!!.. but not really interested in a GSR without the SSL. I'd make an expection on the MR though

My payoff on my 2004 is about 24k or so and the dealership said they'd give me like 21 or 22k for it. I have excellent credit and they came back with such crap numbers (monthy payments) on the MR and the basic GSR i just walked out of the place. $650/72 months on a GSR! SCA-RU that!

I bought my 2004 from Mentor Mitsu and really am debating if i should start the tedious process of playing off the two dealerships angainst each other for the best price OR if i should just keep my VIII and start with a Buscher stage 0/1 kit.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 05:57 PM
Account Disabled

This has really been beaten to death in here. What exactly about the IX is so great that it's worth taking a hit in the wallet of thousands of dollars? If your money is burning a hole in your pocket call up Buschur and get a 20G IX for your '04 VIII. With some cams and that turbo I have a hard time believing you'll be lusting for the IX anymore.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

^you need to be beaten to death for not realizing how much of a beast the evo9 is...jk. You've seen the tests. The thing is a HP magnet more than ever before. The Evo9 has a lot of cosmetic differences but i gues MIVEC is doing great things.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 06:07 PM
Evolving Member

its not that bad dude, their sticking you at msrp+ tttl+ the neg equity i got $35,519 from mitsus website and on their calculator it works out to 9.5% apr (not a bad rate/not great either)

came out to $649x72 w/ zero down.

gotta

a.put money down
b.or get more for trade or sell private
c.better apr (makes huge difference!)
d.talk em down on price (may have to go elsewhere if their stuck on msrp)

imo go for the 9, i drove my friends 04 evo and my other bud has a evo 9 and the evo 9 is simply badass! you can feel the difference! not that the 8 is a turtle but the 9 is better (imo)...
Old Feb 11, 2006, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

Yea you will take a hit in the nuts no matter what you do. People that finance cars for 5-6 years often find themselves in this spot when they want to trade in. Save up some down payment and finance for 3-4 years

PS: Did you happen to see if what they are selling a E9 GSR w/o SSL for?

Last edited by justchil; Feb 11, 2006 at 06:19 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
This is a little OT, but South Coast Mitsu in So. Cal is sellin' EVOs for below Invoice. Just got my IX GSR for 28,999 (inc. dest. ex. tax & lic), but they lowered the price to 28,499 (inc. dest. ex. tax & lic). A MR is only 32,999 (inc. dest. ex. tax & lic).
Old Feb 11, 2006, 07:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo_Kid
This is a little OT, but South Coast Mitsu in So. Cal is sellin' EVOs for below Invoice. Just got my IX GSR for 28,999 (inc. dest. ex. tax & lic), but they lowered the price to 28,499 (inc. dest. ex. tax & lic). A MR is only 32,999 (inc. dest. ex. tax & lic).
Can I get their adress?
Old Feb 11, 2006, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Matt-Helm
So.. I'm not sure if this is a rant or a plea for some advice. I have a 2004 w/ SSL 35k miles on it. Excellent condition. All stock.

So I stopped at the Medina Mitsu in Northeast Ohio to check out the IX. They had about 5 or 6 evo's. They had a GG IX BR350 sitting in the showroom. Nice job Buschur! I test drove the IX MR and a regular IX. They said they'd pull the BR350 off the showroom floor and let me drive that as well if I wanted. Very friendly/helpfull sales guy out in Medina.

They were asking like 37 for the MR and 36 or so for the BR350. I like the MR.. don't like the price. The BR350 is NOICE!!.. but not really interested in a GSR without the SSL. I'd make an expection on the MR though

My payoff on my 2004 is about 24k or so and the dealership said they'd give me like 21 or 22k for it. I have excellent credit and they came back with such crap numbers (monthy payments) on the MR and the basic GSR i just walked out of the place. $650/72 months on a GSR! SCA-RU that!

I bought my 2004 from Mentor Mitsu and really am debating if i should start the tedious process of playing off the two dealerships angainst each other for the best price OR if i should just keep my VIII and start with a Buscher stage 0/1 kit.
1. Just get a IX.
2. shop around for the best price (29K - 30K) I got mine $1,500 off the sticker.
3. For under a grand a good tuner will get you dam near 300 whp.

Check out this thread
"EVO 9 Flash results "
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...44#post2770644

Last edited by Kc2Buk; Feb 11, 2006 at 08:33 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

Never make it easy for a dealership.. Make them want you to sell to you. Always shop around. Dont give up and pay more than you should. I dont know what a fair price on the 9's are as im not worried about them. You know if you want the power upgrade you may consider asking if you had David at Buschur mod yours to a 350 if you could still keep your warranty on your current evo*Get it in writting. I dont see why everyone is jumping on the 9 bandwagon so quick. You know you can buy the 9's turbo and get a simple set of cams.. Or you can go beyond that like I and so many others have. You have to think. Once you get past the nines turbo its back to the basic's because at that point you will have new cams anyways.

Cheers.

Last edited by EidolaDream; Feb 11, 2006 at 08:25 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoRobert
Can I get their adress?
Here is they're post on the forum.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=183249
Old Feb 11, 2006, 08:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo_Kid
Thank you
Old Feb 11, 2006, 08:49 PM
Evolving Member

What were you expecting when you owe 24k on your car? A quick KBB check would have saved you the hassle to find out your payments are going to be in mortgage territory.

Frankly, all things being equal I would rather have a 9 but the things are realistically only dyno'ing 15hp or so more than the 8's. The ***-raping you will take from a dealer on trade-in will be nowhere near as cost effective as just doing the basic mods on your current car. No point in throwing money away, especially when from the sounds of it you are a little tight on cash.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RalliArtEvoVIII
^you need to be beaten to death for not realizing how much of a beast the evo9 is...jk. You've seen the tests. The thing is a HP magnet more than ever before. The Evo9 has a lot of cosmetic differences but i gues MIVEC is doing great things.
im going to have to argee with turd swallower, its not that big of a difference with MIVEC. i feel he should work with what he has. sure it makes pretty good power but me as i stated in other pointless threads about someone whining for a 9 when they have an 8. i will stay with the traditional 4g motor.
Old Feb 12, 2006, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

The MIVEC rocks!
We had a 05 Evo VIII and an 06 Evo IX with the same mods and both flashed at a meet.
They ran 4 times and the IX took the win all 4 times.

The seats are nicer, the dash trim is nicer, and the IX gets you more power for less cash.
Old Feb 12, 2006, 01:29 PM
Evolving Member

How are the cams for MIVEC?