Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Do IX's come in yellow?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2006, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by trinydex
thanks goodness
lol
Old Feb 13, 2006, 05:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hate red cars

And BBY sucks too.....looks like the crayola people painted the car.

Just me taste i guess
Old Feb 13, 2006, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by inariv5573
Why do you say that? If you don't like the color, don't buy it. I personally think it is the most eye-catching of the colors. Well maybe next to the new Graphite Grey.
iunno... don't you think ti's the ugliest color? at least in stock form? you really gotta do a lot to make yellows look good...
Old Feb 13, 2006, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

Unless you want to ship one from Japan, there is no yellow IX in your future.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i wouldnt choose yellow for the evo anyway, jst silver, black, graphite grey, and electric blue
Old Feb 13, 2006, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
i of course will say white cuz i have a white one but the thing is... i say white not cuz it's the best color, i think blue by you is the best color. but white is great cuz it's common... for cars in general and for evos. it's not offensive and you can sometimes slip under the radar... *crosses fingers*
Old Feb 16, 2006, 02:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jakeg97
just get a white and paint it yellow
I was thinking that, but it would cost a fortune.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 02:15 AM
Evolved Member

I don't know why people say yellow is ugly. It depends on the car really. On a Subaru Outback or Forester, yes it would be ugly. But on sporty cars like an Evo, Ferrari, Vette, looks sharp. Not to mention they always use it in the Japanese vids.
The yellow used on the WRX looked to faded, had like a beige tint to it. The Evo's is richer. You are right about the shine, doesn't get as deep, like a black. Then again you don't see dust on it. Much like white. You do however see dirt, which forces you to keep it clean. You don't see swirls as much on yellow or white as you would on a darker color. Who says yellow fades? My '03's paint is still deep and shiny. The way I see it everybody tends to buy the more common colors, so I chose the rare one.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 10:17 PM

i hate RED VANS but not red cars as for yellow, it looks hot at night!
Old Feb 16, 2006, 10:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
personally, i think silver's the worst color on an evo...screw you yellow haters!
Old Feb 16, 2006, 10:37 PM
Evolving Member

I think the blue is the worst sorry guys, it reminds me of cookie monster. "C IS FOR COOKIE"
Old Feb 16, 2006, 10:46 PM
Evolved Member

why do you think taxi cabs are yellow? because they get NOTICED! yellow is a noticeable color hence, LESS accidents because people tend to NOTICE you. Plus the lightning yellow EVO looks sick hence, why I got that color over black.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 11:23 PM
Evolving Member

funny enough, at the time i was looking to buy, the dealeship i went to that had exceptional deals on 03's as 04's were coming in, they only had red and yellow left to choose. if i had a choice i would of preferred blue or black, but i wanted an evo bad so i chose yellow. i didnt like the color at first but now i love it as does every one else i talk to. i also got a cfh for it, which beside white, yellow looks the best w/, imo.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by coco
I think red is a very good color for the evo, heck the rally evo is red.

Though I did not buy red becasue of the attention it can get from the cops. If I lived in another country I would buy red.
seriously, rally red. i was considering gg for the longest time cus its more suddle, but screw the cops i gotta sport the rally heritage. its not like that huge wing, exhaust, and loud *** bov isnt gonna catch the cop's attention anyway. red all the way
Old Feb 17, 2006, 05:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dave9172
funny enough, at the time i was looking to buy, the dealeship i went to that had exceptional deals on 03's as 04's were coming in, they only had red and yellow left to choose. if i had a choice i would of preferred blue or black, but i wanted an evo bad so i chose yellow. i didnt like the color at first but now i love it as does every one else i talk to. i also got a cfh for it, which beside white, yellow looks the best w/, imo.
yeah i originally wanted black (this was when the blue was bby, not eb), but my dad made me get a yellow one. when a 50 year old conservative-as-hell man tells me to get a yellow car, i listen. and i like it a lot more than the black now!

but if eb had been out, i woulda been all over it!