Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

evo is feeling slower over time.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2006, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
evo is feeling slower over time.

hi, my evo is feeling slower and slower over time and i have no idea what is causing it..i really miss the feeling of your head slamming back on your seat.. its regular maintainced... i added couple power mods and expect to gain power but all i feel is losing power... i haven't tuned my evo yet for my mods because its not excessive...

i have apexi power intake
LPI full intercooler pipes
80mm RSR downpipe with catdelete
80mm RSR exmag exhaust
Aps BOV
greddy profec B II
sun auto voltage and ground system

i thought it would be my greddy profec causing the problem...i read in the forum and seems like i hooked it up different than other people but i still got the same result with it but just over time...evo feels slower and slower... no boost leaks..reading 21 psi solid to redline but no acceleration feeling...very minimal

for the greddy profec..there is this one part im not so certain about .. do i tee of the vacuum line between fuel press regulator to intake mani, or intake mani to actuator? or something else? i tried both settings but with no different results
Old Feb 12, 2006, 10:10 AM

you have just completely adjusted to the power and are use to it. its not getting slower. i bet if u took a friend or someone who doesnt ride in it often they will assure u how fast it still is.
Old Feb 12, 2006, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

I don't have a profec b but what I do know is that you usually get better response from a MBC. You should definitely get tuned though.
Old Feb 12, 2006, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
First check plugs. Do a compression test. If all checks out get it tuned
Old Feb 12, 2006, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

it couldn't be just a mind thing...because the car just doesn't pull at all..if not any...

my friend rode in an stock evo and he said his head got slammed into the seat...but not with my car

another question..how long does stock advan last?
Old Feb 12, 2006, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
I hear your lucky to get 10k on the stockers.
Old Feb 12, 2006, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

i guess it could be that my stockers are losing grip because i got 16k
Old Feb 12, 2006, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm also thinking you are used to the power but the only way to know is to get it dynoed. The first day I got my evo, I used to think it was so fast. The next day I wasn't feeling the same enthusiasm. Over the months I made sure everything was bolted on tight and even did multiple boost leak checks and found nothing. Thats when I decided to get a flash. At the time I only had Intake Exhaust and EBC set at 21 pounds. The baseline dyno was 264 hp and 247 trq on a mustang dyno which was pretty good. After the reflash I gained about 20 HP and it felt like a beast again. A month later Im used to it again and decided to get an exhaust manifold and o2 outlet. If felt a little better but I quickly got used to it again. However when I let my friend drive it and I was the passenger it felt like a totally different animal, as a passenger I felt my head glued to the seat and the g forces felt like I was on a rollercoaster. You dont feel that in the drivers seat. The moral of the story is there may be a point where I will never get used to the power but im not there yet and am modding a little bit at a time.
Old Feb 12, 2006, 10:38 AM
Evolving Member

put your stck air box back and see if it feels stronger. then get flashed
Old Feb 12, 2006, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
could be used to the power....i have a profec and keep my car on low boost 17psi ...around town ...to surprise myself and switch it to 22psi for that kick back feel....
Old Feb 12, 2006, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

yes, i had my friend ride in my rode that rode in a stock evo and my modded evo...the stock one was faster
Old Feb 12, 2006, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

yea man i thought the same thing after like a week you just get used to the power which sucks cause thats why i bought the car. i love that slam you back into the seat feeling. i would also try puting your stock air box on and getting a k&n drop in. i had an hks that made me loose power because i didnt get it flashed.
Old Feb 12, 2006, 10:58 AM
Evolving Member

I have the remedy

Throw 2 cams in her wash it down with a fuel pump and get her tuned then call me in the morning 1-800-hal-lass
Old Feb 12, 2006, 11:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Your evo feels slow because it is, the evo is not fast stock or close to stock specially the 03&04 VIII just way too slow. If your not tune then all your doing is making noise.

Last edited by Jhero23; Feb 12, 2006 at 11:12 AM.
Old Feb 12, 2006, 11:13 AM

it's just you... It happened to me with my STi too... I felt like it went slower even I put more stuff on the engine...