Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Help *Radio Dead* Help

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2006, 10:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help *Radio Dead* Help

Hey, i was down in my garage using a voltmeter checkin my fuses under my steerin wheel when i noticed my radio didnt work. It doesnt even power on. I didnt probe anywhere in the cubbyhole "where my tt was" or where those factory gauges come in 05's. I checked every fuse inside the car and radio ones in the engine bay all are good besides my heated mirror one which i didnt even know i had. Whats wrong? i did the best i could for checking wires goin to the headunit and lookin for cracks or unplugged wires. Stock headunit, didnt touch anything inside besides to hook up my boost gauge light which was a few months ago, and my tt which was longer than that. Help me get it workin!

p.s. how do u get the plastic moulding off that surrounds the headunit and the fan controls, i had 4 screws out. The two on the bottom holding the cubbyhole, and the two behind the knobs, whatelse is there. If i find that out ill check behind the radio, and everything.

***** OH *****

btw, the clock doesnt work either at all or the keyless entry that the car came stock with. No flashing lights, and it doesnt lock or unlock it. Also my trip odemeter resets itself everytime i start the car

help me out, i dont wanna have to go to my mitsu dealer and get hassled
Old Feb 13, 2006, 05:02 AM
Evolving Member

bump, please help, kinda nervous
Old Feb 13, 2006, 05:36 AM
Evolved Member

Sounds like a Fuse or you didn't connect something back. Even if a fuse looks good doesn't mean it is, just replace it and see. Oh and did you connect the battery back? If all else fails time to buy a new deck!!!
Old Feb 13, 2006, 05:57 AM
Evolving Member

I believe those are the only screws holding the two panels in. The rest is pull and pray you don't break the tabs off. Should be ok though, I've pulled mine atleast half a dozen times and the clips still held good.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

I would take the voltage meter, and check your radio wiring harness directly. from there i'd work backards through the car's wiring system.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 06:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by MIevo8MR
I believe those are the only screws holding the two panels in. The rest is pull and pray you don't break the tabs off. Should be ok though, I've pulled mine atleast half a dozen times and the clips still held good.
You should be able to get your fingertips in the holes that are exposed when you pull off the HVAC knobs. I've also found that a putty knife is a really useful tool when removing panels.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

isnt there a fuse for the radio and clock under the hood? im rpetty sure it is in the fuse box in the bay surounded by the yellow thing i think its 2 10 amp mini fuses ivce blown them out before