Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

New Ix question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2006, 07:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Ix question

i like the new ix seats the leather and suade, but if i get the sunroof and hids, does that mean i have to get the all leather?
Old Feb 13, 2006, 07:17 AM
Evolving Member

Yes you would have to get the leather. But i'm pretty sure some of these pple will trade you their suade interior for your leather.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blakevo8
i like the new ix seats the leather and suade, but if i get the sunroof and hids, does that mean i have to get the all leather?
there is no leather on the seats unless you get the SSL package then all the seats are leather. most people like the non-leather seats more from my experience.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 10:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blakevo8
our friend wants a sunroof , so => SSL
Old Feb 13, 2006, 10:03 AM
Evolving Member

the leather is awesome, i had an 04 with cloth and just got an 06 ssl and love it. I would never go back.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lil'evil_evo
there is no leather on the seats unless you get the SSL package then all the seats are leather. most people like the non-leather seats more from my experience.

there is leather on the seats its just not on the main seating surface, its more on the bolsters and the whole center section is suede now where on the VIII's it was that horrible blue material. just a little info for what its worth
Old Feb 13, 2006, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by thetox
there is leather on the seats its just not on the main seating surface, its more on the bolsters and the whole center section is suede now where on the VIII's it was that horrible blue material. just a little info for what its worth
The center seating surfaces really aren't suede. Suede is leather. It's actually Alcantara® – a very durable and stain resistant fabric with a texture that's very similar to suede.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you get the SSL package; you get leather seats. That package is $3200 total. I had a dealer tell me it's only a $2k option, with $1200 worth of markup. What you can do is not get it, and get a sunroof aftermarket, but I'd be hesitant with people cutting into my new car! G/L.

If not, you get all black Alcantra - just like the STi has, (but not the gay light blue).