Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Auto Shipping CA to NY... Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2006, 02:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Auto Shipping CA to NY... Suggestions?

Anyone here knows a reliable and cheap auto shipping company? Im planning to move to NY, Im from Anaheim, CA btw. And I wanna ship my evo 9 to New York. Do I need an enclosed truck? Or an ordinary flat bed is good? How about drivinh my car coast to coast?

Suggestions guys?

Im also selling my parts, pls check my sig thanks!
Old Feb 13, 2006, 02:36 PM
Evolving Member

I don't think any auto shipping will be "cheap". You could do it on open or enclosed...depending on what you want to spend. Enclosed would be better, you wouldn't have to worry about weather, or road conditions affecting your paint.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 02:41 PM
Evolving Member

I am waiting for a quote from DAS... let you know if I ever hear from them again.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 02:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evofan@scorp's
I don't think any auto shipping will be "cheap". You could do it on open or enclosed...depending on what you want to spend. Enclosed would be better, you wouldn't have to worry about weather, or road conditions affecting your paint.
yup I know, I think the regular is about 500 and those enclosed ones are around 800. Well what do think, the 300 difference is worth it?
Old Feb 13, 2006, 02:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Asgeir Logi
I am waiting for a quote from DAS... let you know if I ever hear from them again.
I got one from them to, theie basic terminal to terminal is around 500. Are they reliable?
Old Feb 13, 2006, 02:44 PM
Evolving Member

Jem, it's Sammy here. So, you are really moving to NY?? Anyways, you are looking at about $1000 for the shippng with open-trailer. Most places charge $300~$500 more for the enclosed. My suggestion is just to go with an open-trailer type unless you really care about paint quality of your car. Go to http://autotransportreviews.com/ or http://www.auto-transport-reviews.com/ for researches on the shipping company you may wanna use. Good luck!!
Old Feb 13, 2006, 02:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jemjow
Anyone here knows a reliable and cheap auto shipping company? Im planning to move to NY, Im from Anaheim, CA btw. And I wanna ship my evo 9 to New York. Do I need an enclosed truck? Or an ordinary flat bed is good? How about drivinh my car coast to coast?

Suggestions guys?

Im also selling my parts, pls check my sig thanks!
Well, if your IX has already been broken in, driving cross country wouldnt be too bad. Make a road trip out of it and see america!
Old Feb 13, 2006, 02:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jemjow
I got one from them to, theie basic terminal to terminal is around 500. Are they reliable?
mark at south coast mitsu recommended them, so I would think they where. but i haven´t used them myself....
Old Feb 13, 2006, 02:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo_z
Well, if your IX has already been broken in, driving cross country wouldnt be too bad. Make a road trip out of it and see america!
but this is what I would do if I could!
Old Feb 13, 2006, 02:53 PM

Wildwood Transport shipped my 03 Evo from CA to WI for $825. Very good people to work with! I would trust them with my Evo anytime
Old Feb 13, 2006, 02:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ROK EVO
Jem, it's Sammy here. So, you are really moving to NY?? Anyways, you are looking at about $1000 for the shippng with open-trailer. Most places charge $300~$500 more for the enclosed. My suggestion is just to go with an open-trailer type unless you really care about paint quality of your car. Go to http://autotransportreviews.com/ or http://www.auto-transport-reviews.com/ for researches on the shipping company you may wanna use. Good luck!!
Sam? SRT? yup, im thinking about moving there maybe next month. Ey thanks for the links, I will try that Sam. Thanks! How about driving it? hehe
Old Feb 13, 2006, 02:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOWHT
Wildwood Transport shipped my 03 Evo from CA to WI for $825. Very good people to work with! I would trust them with my Evo anytime
Is it insured and enclosed trailer? Thanks bro
Old Feb 13, 2006, 02:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo_z
I would love to do that also, but Im considering the gas expense, hotels, food and the wear and tear of the car.

I have a friend who did that though, it took them 1 week. and he travelled with his family. BMW 3series.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 03:00 PM
Evolving Member

ei buddy drive the car, it's fun w/ side trips, used to live in cali. then before i moved here here in MD went to NY first in bronx. from( SFV ) sherman oaks cali to bronx it's just 3,208 miles it's fun. but if youve wanna drive the evo put a nose mask to protect it from road debris.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 03:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just go with DASAUTOSHIPPERS JEMJOW its better and reliable......

Quick Reply: Auto Shipping CA to NY... Suggestions?