Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Rs4

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2006, 05:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rs4

Ok... I'm sitting at a light on a 3 lane highway minding my own biz, sucking down wom wendy's fries and along pulls up an RS4. He stays about eevn with my rear bumper, I'm not sure why. So the light turns and he lauches that sh*t out of his car and I just accelerate normally since I'm eating and stuff. Once I get to 4th gear and he's infront of me i just kind of stay behind him. So the next light I pull up next to him and compliment his car, I normally hate audi cars, but the new rs4 looks pretty good I must say, and it sounds even better.

Then he goes on to say something about racing and I ignore it, and he tells me he has front to back race parts. Then he tells me that the town we were in writes out the most tickets... I say which town are we in right now.. him, "riverdale", "oh it's good that i know a cop in riverdale" ... at which time he whips out his badge and tells me he's on the force too....

WTF... what kind of example is this dude setting. I literally showed him my bag of fries as to show him I wasn't interested in F'n around, yet he's racing the ***** out of his car. I was pretty annoyed that he was a cop and trying to temptme into misbehaving on the highway.
Old Feb 15, 2006, 06:01 AM
Evolved Member

a cop in an rs4? first off i didnt even know they were delivering them yet and secondly howd he afford that? messed up story, good thing you didnt race him he might have pulled you over haha
Old Feb 15, 2006, 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I work for Audi and was fortunate enough to take a ride in one last month around a small rectangular track. It is very nice and well mannered, although I didn't fell much faster than a stock EVO. I mean, the comforts and luxuries are there, but for almost 2.5 times the $? Not worth it to me, but it is just a beautiful car. BTW, the one I rode in is the one at the Chicago Auto Show.

Also, Back when I had my Integra GS-R turbo, I was driving to a bowling alley with a buddy and this Z28 Comaro convert. was trying to mess with me for a long time. We were cruising slowly and I told him there were too many pigs in the area and it wasn't safe to race. Two out of the three guys whipped out badges and said it was cool to race. We were in a 55mph zone with almost no other cars on the road, so I went for it. First we went from a roll and I beat him pretty bad. They were pissed so they told the cop in the back seat at a red light to get out so there was two people in both cars. I even crushed him with bald tires from a stop. Funny thing was, the Camaro kept on going, I never saw it turn around to pick up that other copper on side of the road in the middle of no where.

Just goes to show that some cops are all for street racing. They just can't do it in uniform or in their squads. Oink oink.
Old Feb 15, 2006, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

Cops here make bank. This was the first rs4 I've ever seen in person. I was just mad that he was blatantly egging me on and then tries to be all holier than thou whippin out his badge.

In case anyone's wondering if it was an age thing where he was trying to get a kid to f around, I'm 29, so I really don't know what his point was. I just looked up some numbers on the rs4 and audi claims 0-60 in 4.8.
Old Feb 15, 2006, 06:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by byron3636
Cops here make bank. This was the first rs4 I've ever seen in person. I was just mad that he was blatantly egging me on and then tries to be all holier than thou whippin out his badge.

In case anyone's wondering if it was an age thing where he was trying to get a kid to f around, I'm 29, so I really don't know what his point was. I just looked up some numbers on the rs4 and audi claims 0-60 in 4.8.
The RS4 has not been released for sale in the US yet. This guy was full of it.
Old Feb 15, 2006, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

well it had an rs4 badge and rs4 body
Old Feb 15, 2006, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by byron3636
well it had an rs4 badge and rs4 body
I promise. It was not a RS4.
Old Feb 15, 2006, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 3240
I promise. It was not a RS4.
Because I was so skeptical of your claim I just called the audi dealerships and you're correct. The specs and colors weren't even released to dealers yet. It makes me mad that this car is falsely badged.!!!
Old Feb 15, 2006, 06:46 AM
Evolving Member

^^+1, unless it was one of the older RS6's they sold here for a couple years?
Old Feb 15, 2006, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Happy Madison
^^+1, unless it was one of the older RS6's they sold here for a couple years?
There's an rs6 around here, it was not that car. I've only seen it a few times but it's silver... This car was a yellow s4 with rs4 badging.
Old Feb 15, 2006, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

YEAH i was going to say i didnt think they realeased the RS4 yet. Alot of people but the badging on the s4's along with the rs4 body kit. You know what year it was? Anyway sounds like a typical cop trying to be budy budy so he can **** you in the end.
Old Feb 15, 2006, 07:34 AM
Account Disabled

Its probably an S4 with a body kit or an A4 1.8T pretending to be an S4
Old Feb 15, 2006, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

There is an undercover cop around here that drives a corvette. I was lined up next to him once at a stop light and he kept revvin at me. He had fully tinted windows so i couldnt see who was driving. When the light turned green he full on launched it while i sat back for a few seconds and just drove off. Then he slows down and gets right next to me, revving his engine. I still didnt bite. So he starts to drive off and thats when i saw him throw on his lights and fly off after someone ahead. God I'm glad i wasnt in the mood to screw around that night.
Old Feb 15, 2006, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

So that vette is owned by the cop or the police dept.?
Old Feb 15, 2006, 07:46 AM

police are not allowed to be undercover in cars that are not in the motor pool (espeically german imports). he couldnt pull you over, he's off duty, and whats he gonna do, use his "siren" lights under the RS4 badge? and dont even bother talkin 2 ppl like that in general, gettin hyped up about it is just a waste of time, after all, you're 29 right?

Quick Reply: Rs4