Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

knocking noise by foot pedal

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2006, 09:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
knocking noise by foot pedal

During slow speeds or coming to stop at uneven roads I can feel and hear knocking sound. When I have my foot on the pedal rest or clutch I can actually feel the knock by my feet. It feels like something is loose and hitting the area right by the floor board. checked under the car and suspension but all seems fine. Has anyone heard or felt weird noises coming from the floor area by your feet? BTW this noise came after a few days after I got my new clutch put in so im not sure if has anything to do with that.
Old Feb 15, 2006, 10:14 PM
Evolved Member

yeah me too!! its a rapid vibration kind of noise and it goes away when driving. happens only at idle
Old Feb 15, 2006, 10:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you have an aftermarket clutch you definitely will hear a rattling type of noise at idle. I have the Exedy Twin Plate and its very noticable AMS warned me about it before they put it in and said it was common with aftermarket clutches its sort of a chatter type of noise.

I've never heard the noise at low speeds though, maybe drivetrain noise gets louder with an aftermarket clutch as well? not sure... but if you have a stock clutch, then I don't really have any idea sorry .
Old Feb 15, 2006, 11:48 PM
Evolved Member

I have that chatter noise from the twin plate but what im getting is like a little hammer knocking on the bottom of the floor only at uneven roads. So there must be something loose in the suspension area or transmission moving around and hitting other body parts. No vibrations just this hallow knocking noise thats driving me crazy.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

yea I'm having same problem like I turn into my road slowly and I heard a knocking noise every other rotation, but I'm stock. When driving at normal speeds the sounds disappears. I posted this the other day and people said it was normal "drivetrain noise" but how is that normal if I never heard it before?

One thing to add is that I noticed the metal studs are visible on my advans because there so bald. The noise definately feels like its under neath the front of the car.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

One of the lower tie bars is probably loose. Even if you can't move it by hand, it can still make noise.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 09:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by el producto
yea I'm having same problem like I turn into my road slowly and I heard a knocking noise every other rotation, but I'm stock. When driving at normal speeds the sounds disappears. I posted this the other day and people said it was normal "drivetrain noise" but how is that normal if I never heard it before?

One thing to add is that I noticed the metal studs are visible on my advans because there so bald. The noise definately feels like its under neath the front of the car.
I got the same problem, rattle only when decelerating. Im about to sell this POS because i ca't handle this noise.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 10:11 AM
Evolving Member

It could be the clutch, my friend had one and it would just raddle non stop when the car was ideling
Old Feb 16, 2006, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

Mine idles fine, only when rolling.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 02:02 PM
Evolving Member

squirrel. it'll die soon, don't worry. just don't feed it
Old Feb 16, 2006, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
All Evos make drivetrain noise and the clutch rattle at idle just know and except it. Its no reason to get rid of it if it ever goes out replace or rebuild it. But I think what hes expaining is somthing different. My suggestion is that you jack up the front of the car. Grap each wheel move up down, side to side, and in and out. I dont know if your car is lowered or not but Axles, Balljoints, Tie rod ends tend to go out sooner.