Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

i have no clue

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2006, 09:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
another thought since you disconnected your battery all your settings on your ebc will be gone.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LimPShoT
are you using the greedy spec 2 ebc? When you first start up the car you have to interact with the unit before it will use your boost settings. Failsafe at 14psi when first turned on. Just a thought.
interact meaning...?
Old Feb 16, 2006, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LimPShoT
another thought since you disconnected your battery all your settings on your ebc will be gone.
no it kept them i cranked it up and my gains and set gains were all the same
Old Feb 16, 2006, 09:03 PM
Evolving Member

Ok since the other thread is gone now ill post here. It appears you are running off of wastegate pressure. To eliminate your boost controller simply just unhook your EBC and hook the car back up stock. Shouldnt take to long at all.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 09:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by IXmr321
interact meaning...?
Meaning you have to push the button to activate the boost settings you've included.

When you made this post, you didn't even mention you had an EBC . We could have figured this out a long time ago had you actually given all the pertinent info. If you have a boost controller, and you now have base wastegate pressure after removing/reinstalling your ECU, then it's pretty obvious what the problem is. It's related to the boost controller, not the flash, because the flash is unable to control boost due to the boost controller.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 09:06 PM
Evolved Member

and that will make the car run stock boost again right? im gettin rid of the ebc tomorrow ive heard the hks boost controller is alot better and alot more "user friendly" than the greddy. would you recommend the hks or a mbc like hallman?
Old Feb 16, 2006, 09:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
just got my ecu back from dynoflash and my car wont boost over 1 bar...it wont even go to stock boost any ideas?
I also want to provide my feedback because I think I have some experience to share.
I also sent my Evo 9 ECU to Al, his customer service was absolutely excellent, he answered me absolutely every question and he made a remark that if anything could go wrong or if the car wouldn't start to please call him.

We couldn't be any happier with the Mail in Flash, I had absolutely no boost issues what so ever. Having had about 10 different boost controller(MBC and EBC) it sounds absolutely clear that your issue is your EBC controller that needs to be readjusted and not the mail in flash from Al.

I understand you tried calling him, he has to filter and answer tons of e-mails and phone calls everyday. Give him a break and I can almost guaranty you he will get back with you ASAP.

My .2c

Carlos
Old Feb 16, 2006, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

ok warr now we are getting somewhere....so what do i need to do? get rid of the boost controller?
Old Feb 16, 2006, 09:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sirploppy
You mention "took it around the block". Did you let the engine warm up for a little while? I remember when I first put my boost gauge in and it only registered 12psi for the first few miles in cold weather, I thought I'd screwed something up...
That is a great catch/point. I mentioned this same problem on my Evo 8 MR a long time ago. One time I drove my car and completly forgot that the engine was cold, I soon realized that the boost is limited when the car is cold.

I am wondering if that happened to this individual.

Carlos
Old Feb 16, 2006, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
I also want to provide my feedback because I think I have some experience to share.
I also sent my Evo 9 ECU to Al, his customer service was absolutely excellent, he answered me absolutely every question and he made a remark that if anything could go wrong or if the car wouldn't start to please call him.

We couldn't be any happier with the Mail in Flash, I had absolutely no boost issues what so ever. Having had about 10 different boost controller(MBC and EBC) it sounds absolutely clear that your issue is your EBC controller that needs to be readjusted and not the mail in flash from Al.

I understand you tried calling him, he has to filter and answer tons of e-mails and phone calls everyday. Give him a break and I can almost guaranty you he will get back with you ASAP.

My .2c

Carlos
thanks carlos but i was not blaming al or dynoflash for any of this i was just simply asking for help and it got blown WAY out of proportion
Old Feb 16, 2006, 09:10 PM
Evolving Member

The Spec 2 is a good unit I just dont care for it because you have to adjust your start boost, gain and all that crap. I like my things to be simple and user friendly. You dont have to take it out of the car completely I was just saying temporarily disconnect it (the vacum lines) and hook the car back up stock and see what the car is boosting then.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ok warr now we are getting somewhere....so what do i need to do? get rid of the boost controller?
I think you should sell that EBC, then get a nice, basic Forge UNOS MBC. It's what I always suggest, it's what's in my packages, and it's what Al always suggests. If you decide on the Hallman, though, then you will not be disappointed either. It is a great MBC that I have used with tons of success. It just doesn't have the ratchet feature for remembering exactly where your boost is set, and they both cost the same...
Old Feb 16, 2006, 09:15 PM
Evolved Member

well i only said the halman as an example but if the unos is better then ill get that
Old Feb 16, 2006, 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

thanks carlos but i was not blaming al or dynoflash for any of this i was just simply asking for help and it got blown WAY out of proportion
No problem bro, I am here to help you also.

Changing the subject, I haven't mentioned but when I did my MBC on the EVO9 I accidentally pinched one boost line. I overlooked and it took me one hour to physically realized that the line was actually pinched causing my MBC to not work properly.

As much as you might think is not a boost line you should double check, my boost line was the one that comes from a rigid solid steel line to the top of the BOV.

I swear I only boosted 12psi which is about the same boost you are getting. Please try that. I could only mention how many different issues I have had with my huge list of 12 Turbo cars I owned since I am into the turbo cars.

You never know. For good sake, I even reverse the little bleeding cooper ball in the boost line on my WRX and it threw my boost way off.

Carlos
Old Feb 16, 2006, 09:20 PM
Evolved Member

[QUOTE=Warrtalon]I think you should sell that EBC, then get a nice, basic Forge UNOS MBC. It's what I always suggest, it's what's in my packages, and it's what Al always suggests. If you decide on the Hallman, though, then you will not be disappointed either. It is a great MBC that I have used with tons of success. It just doesn't have the ratchet feature for remembering exactly where your boost is set, and they both cost the same...[/QUO

I back up Warrtalon suggestion, I am running the UNOS MBC and it works great on my Evo 9. I which they had that boost controller earlier.

Thye UNOS is easy as hell to operate and you don't require tools to adjust..

Carlos