Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo 8turbo to evo9 turbo

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2006, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo 8turbo to evo9 turbo

Hey guys. At the moment I have a walbro255 fuel pump and a base flash from dynoflash. Later I added both upper and lower IC piping because I got a nice deal on them.

Recently I just bought a few goodies for my car

AMS turboback exhaust with testpipe
Forge MBC/BOV
Headstuds
GSC 272/272s
Apexi inductionbox/filter
and an Evo9 turbo w/ install kit.

I know most of this stuff needs a retune so I wasn't planning on putting all of it in until either dynoflash comes to town or near by and I can drive there.

However a few things will go on right away. The turbo back, bov and headstuds can go on without a tune.. I think.

What I need to know is if I can go ahead and bolt the evo9 turbo right up without needing a retune, or if I should just wait on putting that on till Dynoflash is coming to town.

Thanks.

PS: if you're bored guess my whp I wonder what it will be with proper tuning
Old Feb 17, 2006, 06:53 AM

Hey Kee, I see you over at the S2kI board, nice mods! That thing will be a beast once you put em on .
Old Feb 17, 2006, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Turboback and bov can go on and MOST likely not result in fuel cut - at least you can turn down the boost if you do and see if that stops it.

No reason to open her up and put in the head studs if you're not doin' cams at the same time so save that for the cam job - there's no performance benefit in the head studs anyway, just a safety measure to be done while you're in there doing the cams.

In my opinion the turbo most definitely could cause fuel cut and require re-tune. If it were me I'd do it close to reflash date.
Old Feb 17, 2006, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

where did u get the evo 9 turbo? do u need bigger injectors? ......... i would wait to but the turbo on untill u can have it tuned
Old Feb 17, 2006, 09:03 AM

Hey Kev thanks for your order and good luck with your tune. I hope you enjoy your products. When you need anything just aim me, you know the deal.

Jeremiah
Old Feb 17, 2006, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't mess with the head studs until you do the cams. That would defeat the purpose of doing the head studs now, which is to get them done while doing cams, so as to save time. You might as well just install everything and send in for a base flash, because there's no telling when Al will be back down there, since he JUST went to Houston last week.
Old Feb 17, 2006, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Don't mess with the head studs until you do the cams. That would defeat the purpose of doing the head studs now, which is to get them done while doing cams, so as to save time. You might as well just install everything and send in for a base flash, because there's no telling when Al will be back down there, since he JUST went to Houston last week.
Yah I went down there and hung out with a few friends while he was tuning them. But as you know, my car was in the shop getting clutch and flywheel put in. So Fire-ballz should have my car up and running sometime soon (he owns a shop).

edit: and actually we already have 5 more people lined up to get tunes down here
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...9&page=1&pp=15
Old Feb 17, 2006, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kee1pride
Hey guys. At the moment I have a walbro255 fuel pump and a base flash from dynoflash. Later I added both upper and lower IC piping because I got a nice deal on them.

Recently I just bought a few goodies for my car

AMS turboback exhaust with testpipe
Forge MBC/BOV
Headstuds
GSC 272/272s
Apexi inductionbox/filter
and an Evo9 turbo w/ install kit.

I know most of this stuff needs a retune so I wasn't planning on putting all of it in until either dynoflash comes to town or near by and I can drive there.

However a few things will go on right away. The turbo back, bov and headstuds can go on without a tune.. I think.

What I need to know is if I can go ahead and bolt the evo9 turbo right up without needing a retune, or if I should just wait on putting that on till Dynoflash is coming to town.

Thanks.

PS: if you're bored guess my whp I wonder what it will be with proper tuning
the intake could also be added without a tune
Old Feb 17, 2006, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

wouldnt that mess with the MAF readings?
Old Feb 17, 2006, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Kee1pride
wouldnt that mess with the MAF readings?
Probably, but I'm not sure due to the induction box. It's likely it will make you run leaner, though...
Old Feb 17, 2006, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you have a base flash and no telling when Alwill be back in houston to give you a tune, you should go ahead and purchase a new or used afc and throw it on. You can always sell it once you can get Al to reflash your ecu. And please once you get all that installed get your revenge on the supercharged rsx that beat you lol.
Old Feb 17, 2006, 12:51 PM
Account Disabled

360whp and 380 on race gas with the right tune.

10.5 side really helps in this case.

Also, the stall issue will be less because of the induction box, I believe.
Old Feb 17, 2006, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mchuang
If you have a base flash and no telling when Alwill be back in houston to give you a tune, you should go ahead and purchase a new or used afc and throw it on. You can always sell it once you can get Al to reflash your ecu. And please once you get all that installed get your revenge on the supercharged rsx that beat you lol.
shhhhhhhhhh
Old Feb 17, 2006, 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mchuang
And please once you get all that installed get your revenge on the stock rsx that beat you lol.
Old Feb 17, 2006, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
did anyone mention safcII ??? lol

Quick Reply: Evo 8turbo to evo9 turbo