Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Got pulled over by 3 sheriffs waiting by a friend's houes last night!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2006, 11:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got pulled over by 3 sheriffs waiting by a friend's houes last night!!

Long story...Last night I got pulled over by 3 sheriffs while waiting for a friend outside his house...they tried to say that me and some of my friends were walking around the neighborhood with flash lights...I thought to myself...wtf!! So they asked for my drivers license and checked my record for any criminal backgroud, but I had nothing to hide, so I guess they came back and handed my license back to me and told us that we weren't suppose to be here, so I just drove off and pulled into my friend's driveway around the corner. And also while we left the scene, my check engine light went on...damn!! What a crazy night!
Old Feb 18, 2006, 11:25 AM
Evolving Member

^wow, thats wierd man
Old Feb 18, 2006, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Someone must have reported you as suspicous.
Old Feb 18, 2006, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

Yea, I know We wasn't even doing anything wrong...I guess one of the neighbors snitched and said we was trying to rob a house or something.
Old Feb 18, 2006, 11:29 AM
Evolving Member

The second sheriff was really harassing my friend and he also gave us a messed up look.
Old Feb 18, 2006, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Or they were looking for something to ticket you for.
Old Feb 18, 2006, 11:33 AM
Evolving Member

Yea, I was also hoping that they wouldn't let me pop my hood because I knew they would try to find something to give me a ticket.
Old Feb 18, 2006, 11:34 AM
Evolving Member

They didn't even question my car, so I was fine with that. I just drove off slowly so that they wouldn't suspect anything loud.
Old Feb 18, 2006, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

Wow that's weird. I wouldn't have pulled away slow though. I woulda done a burnout and speed off and pulled into someones garage around the corner. Naw just kidding, they were probably just bored so they decided to screw with you.
Old Feb 18, 2006, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

Picture this.....someone sees a car pull up. A blue car that sounds loud (just an example).

Three guys dressed in black, get out, walk two blocks down the street and beat the hell out of some old man walking his dog, taking his watch, wallet and anything of value, hospitalizing him.

Fast forward a month later, the whole neighborhood knows about it. A loud, blue car pulls up, LIKE an Evo.....and the old man in the house who was the victim gets scared, calls the cops and says that the car looks familiar.

As far as they know, you're the perpetrator. Until they prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you're not, they have every right to have their hands on their guns.

Anyways, in so many words that has happen to me. It wasnt them being jerks, I mean, cops can be...and there are their fair share of cops who do things motivated by ego or an attitude.

Just the same, I was hanging out in a local town at a convenience store. We were paying customers and we all knew the owner, he insisted we were good for business because out motorcycles lured other riders there and the weekends his place doubled in business during the summer months.

Anyways, three guys on sport bikes come flying by, literally, over 150mph. The cops come flying up in chase about 20 seconds behind...we were watching from the highway....now, 2 state troopers, a park ranger from the beach and 4 local cops swarmed us, almost causing a 5 car pile up on the highway.

We all got put to the ground, cuffed and they started reading us our rights. Thank God there were half a dozen witness' that knew we were there for the better part of an hour.

Posession is 9./10ths the law...so is your place and time. if you're there and fit a description, you'd better stay calm and be able to explain yourself out of whats up.

Of course we were upset, but the cops apologized to us for being so hasty, but they said they the three guys running from them assaulted two young teenage girls at the beach, got on their bikes when a civilian had seen them and ran like hell.

If I were in their shoes, I'd be madder than hell and ready to make someone bleed for that. wrong place, wrong time

A lot of time went thinking about that and why.

I know this was a long rant, but Im just trying to offer some of my experience to maybe help you realize that police work a job where little information on how to approach millions of variations of situations is provided.

they fly blind...and those who are good at what they do know how to go about it.

There is this guy that I know that we called DumbJock-O. He was a borderline retard....he became a cop. Seriously....knowing that makes me feel very safe and scared. Safe because he'll eat the bones of his victims when he gets angry, but to him, when "Him get mad, people get hurted"

Ran into my fair share of them too.

have fun
Old Feb 18, 2006, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

what does this have to do with an evo? you don't even drive an evo!
Old Feb 18, 2006, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ralliart Lancer
Long story...Last night I got pulled over by 3 sheriffs while waiting for a friend outside his house...they tried to say that me and some of my friends were walking around the neighborhood with flash lights...I thought to myself...wtf!! So they asked for my drivers license and checked my record for any criminal backgroud, but I had nothing to hide, so I guess they came back and handed my license back to me and told us that we weren't suppose to be here, so I just drove off and pulled into my friend's driveway around the corner. And also while we left the scene, my check engine light went on...damn!! What a crazy night!
yeah, either someone called or something else has/had happened in the area recently. People walk around with flashlights in my neighborhood all the time when walking or walking a dog at night. It's much safer...
Old Feb 18, 2006, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

This same exact thing happened to my cousin, and I guess they thought there was some kind of drug dealing going on. They searched his whole car and told him to sit the curb. After finding nothing, they asked him what he was doing there and he said he was waiting for some friends to come out so they could go out, which was entirely true (he was outside of his friend's house). Then, they tried giving him a ticket for driving other people before his 6 months provisional thing was up. Obviously they couldn't since the car had never moved while his friends were in the car, but they still threatened him with a ticket.
Old Feb 18, 2006, 12:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if some1 was parked in front of my nieghbors house for a while, and its a car i've never seen be4 i would be suspicious too...and you sound like your pretty young, so im sure you had the music up like a fool....people dont do things for no reason....but there is a possibilty the nieghbors were dicks and didn't like ur friend for one reason or another...
Old Feb 18, 2006, 12:25 PM
Evolving Member

i have been ripped out of my car AT gunpoint and thrown in the back seat of a cop car. i was accused of GTA, stealing a minivan (mind you i was in my S10 truck at the time...go figure). i was detained for nearly an hour, yealled at, cussed at, and all i could do was sit there and take it. an hour later they let me go saying that they found the right guy. you just take it, gun in your face and you say OK

Quick Reply: Got pulled over by 3 sheriffs waiting by a friend's houes last night!!