Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Not A Drag Car

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2006, 07:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who said the evo isn't capable of drag racing? But if you only like drag racing, why didn't you buy a car better adapted to drag racing?
Old Feb 20, 2006, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by R33E8
Exactly!! I totally agree with "The thing that is really disappoints me is that 90% of the Evo community only drag races."
Once again make fals claims, nothing to validate this. I mean seriously shut up and move on with your life. I did a poll previously asking EVO owners what form of racing they enjoyed doing with their EVOs and the numbers were very much in favor of road racing and autocrossing, drag racing came in third. Damn autocrossers your b*tchin' and crying turns more and more off of your sport then it helps. Why, because you guys can't prove sh*t, you always say the EVO isn't this or that, but when we tell you 11s with only $3,000 invested you don't know what to say.
Old Feb 20, 2006, 07:17 AM
Evolving Member

I think the Evo is what you want it to be. If you want it to be your drag can, if can be that. I think the car is suited for a good balance on both drag and solo. Thats what i plan to do with mine (more solo than drag, as straight lines bore me)
Old Feb 20, 2006, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

Who said the evo isn't capable of drag racing? But if you only like drag racing, why didn't you buy a car better adapted to drag racing?
Explain? What a Mustang or a Camaro, there you go buddy, I wanted the added ability of stop and turn. Maybe one day I do like road courses, I have great platform to start with. That's the beauty of the EVO, stop turning it into what you think it should be, your winning no points with anybody.
Old Feb 20, 2006, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

I'm done with this argument I've learned unlike some of these newbies that we will just go back and forth and the only thing autocrossers will bring to the table is their bias opinion. Drag racing, will be here today and tomorrow, so sorry, get use to it.
Old Feb 20, 2006, 07:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 3000ways
Once again make fals claims, nothing to validate this. I mean seriously shut up and move on with your life. I did a poll previously asking EVO owners what form of racing they enjoyed doing with their EVOs and the numbers were very much in favor of road racing and autocrossing, drag racing came in third. Damn autocrossers your b*tchin' and crying turns more and more off of your sport then it helps. Why, because you guys can't prove sh*t, you always say the EVO isn't this or that, but when we tell you 11s with only $3,000 invested you don't know what to say.
Well I was just using what he said. I never saw that poll but it does seem like most people here just drag race.. And if you tell me you hit 11's with only $3,000 that i would be really happy.. I'll just use that to convice people who shut down evo's into respecting them a bit more.. Now, I just wanna see some threads like "I hit 1.1g on the skidpad today with only $1000" or something like that...
Old Feb 20, 2006, 08:12 AM
Evolving Member

How is the evo not a good dragcar? I know I'm repeating alot of people but the evo can do it all which is why its such a wonderful car. Why rip on people for not road racing when most people aren't near any tracks and can't take the time every weekend to drive some where pay for the trackday, hotel, gas to get there, tires, your time, ect ect. Also what car can anyone say that the manufacturer made it just to go fast in a straight line because I have never seen one. You know what makes a good dragcar good power and traction which the evo is doing very well at that. Honestly it should impress you non drag guys more if someone is taking a car that you say isn't a good dragcar and are running the times that people are with them being that its not made for that type of racing that in respect should be impressive don't you think?
Old Feb 20, 2006, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
And if you tell me you hit 11's with only $3,000 that i would be really happy.. I'll just use that to convice people who shut down evo's into respecting them a bit more..
Just FWIW, I hit the 12.000 in my sig with $1500 in parts, $900 of which I paid for. I can't claim 11s yet, but the principle still applies. Give me another $1500 worth of parts (cams, alky, ported mani, ported 10.5, o2 housing), and I'm deep into the 11s, or at least you would think so...
Old Feb 20, 2006, 08:35 AM

The evo is an all around performance car, it does everything well.

But remember even in road racing it is still a dragrace to the first turn.
Old Feb 20, 2006, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

I agree.. evo is not a drag car, but it does have a big advantage when messing around on the street.. I have maybe only launched my car 3-4 times ever in 60K+ miles.. once against a 300c srt 8 this past weekend who was looking for trouble, I must have pulled 6-8 car lengths in front of him instantly because of the cold surface, which awd had no problem with.

The problem I have with drag racing the evo is your doing something with it that it wasnt intended to do.. and then crying like a baby when stuff breaks, then everyone who uses the evo for its actual purpose cant get warranty work done because of all the drag racing abuse that shows up for warranty work.
Old Feb 20, 2006, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Well I read about half the post and I will say this

I may somewhat agree with the original poster, the Evo is a very versitile car. Although drag aint my thing I will give yall mad props for doing it. And if you catch you at a light all I ask is that after you smoke me to the next light follow me down some back roads to make it even. I'm always the one in the stands at the dragstrip saying damn that car is fast, but wont put my Evo out there.

But don't complain when the clutch, diff and many other things go wrong from numerous launches. And dont wonder why we cant have the !JdM AYC yO!

As long as yall aint trying to steal or vandalize my Evo you can do anything you want to yours.
Old Feb 20, 2006, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

FYI, the evo's not a really great autox car either. it's not competitive AT ALL in AS. with enough mods, you can do well in SM or other classes, but that's another story.
Old Feb 20, 2006, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by FastCoEVO
thats you...
some people dont see it that way. Some people love the cars ability on the drag strip as well as on the road course
and then you realise that there are other cars for half hte price and twice as old wtih three times the displacement that can do it for less and faster.
Old Feb 20, 2006, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by smokedmustang
Well put!!! I can't agree with you more! Great job Newbie
+ 1 from another newbie
Old Feb 20, 2006, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by WRXEM
I think the Evo is what you want it to be. If you want it to be your drag can, if can be that. I think the car is suited for a good balance on both drag and solo. Thats what i plan to do with mine (more solo than drag, as straight lines bore me)
This guy is spot on.
You can drag race the evo, take it on a road course, transport drugs, attach two M-4 carbines on the roof, pimp hoez, turn it into a submarine....... pretty much whatever the hell you want to do you can. You paid 30k for the car so use it in any way you see fit.

Quick Reply: Not A Drag Car