Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Two top MMNA executives leave

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2006, 07:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two top MMNA executives leave

Searched and didn't see anything. From the Car Connection web site.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Auto...73.A10051.html

In a surprise move, Mitsubishi Motors North America announced the resignations of Dave Schembri, executive vice president of sales and marketing, and Wayne Killen, vice president of marketing. Mitsubishi said they left to pursue other opportunities. However, Schrembri had joined only about a year ago and had succeeded in halting the slide in Mitsubishi sales and also in getting buzz going around the company's advertising and products. Schrembri could not be reached for comment. No replacements were named. For the present, the sales and marketing operations will be directed by president and CEO Hiroshi Harunari, Mitsubishi's official statement said. -Joe Szczesny
Old Feb 20, 2006, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HA sucks....falling apart...
Old Feb 20, 2006, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

You guys DO know that marketing guys get canned all the time, right? Sales guys, too. Generally executives get to leave gracefully and "resign" when in fact they have been nicely asked to leave. I can see MMNA doing this as their marketing has been less than stellar for a while. I understand he stopped the bleeding, but I am sure they want more at this point. This is nothing new or fatal. It occurs in big companies all the time.
Old Feb 20, 2006, 07:48 AM

It's scarey how few customers I see at the dealer when I go get my car serviced.

Free gas, 0% etc etc etc. The cars just aren't moving.