Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Just Installed My Cusco Roll Cage

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2006, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
did I say it was a good idea to drive around w/o a helmet with a cage in the car?? no.

F*ck you and your high horse. I was trying to be nice. I have been to japan many times to a$$hole. So shove it.

Like I said, I was just trying to give a different perspective.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That cage will not protect against anything. Without door bars the cage would parrellelagram (However you spell it) if ever hit hard. The cage will buckle under an impact. Its side to side force is also weakened from it not having cross braces for the main hoop. The bent bars also hurt its integrity.

It does look nice but is honestly probably more dangerous with it in than without it. And driving around with a helmet would only be needed if you head can come in contact with it... not sure if your head can while buckled in with the 5-points. The reason they are dangerous without helmets is because your head can whack the cage. Ill show some pics of a real cage welded in my car. Ill try to post them up tomorrow. It will show how a cage should look.

I also dont know the thickness of those bars or even if they could withstand any type of impact without cracking.

Anyways, it does look nice but just remember its all show and no go.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

Here are some pics of a real roll cage that does help impacts, does pass tech and does help structural integrity.

Ill show some more pics when I get the interior back in and get it all painted up nice and pretty like

http://www.thedrunken.com/gallery/ma...2_itemId=18536
Old Feb 22, 2006, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

Nice, what seats are those? Nascar surplus?
Old Feb 22, 2006, 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

I assume your poking fun at the seats? They are good enough for John Shepherd so I think they will work.
Old May 16, 2006, 10:09 PM
Evolved Member

hey..some people have different opionions on the parts they install. WOW, you can bash a product that you wouldnt recomend or would buy yourself. GOOD for you. Yeah maybe it is unsafe for daily driving..but so is alcohol..go preach about that! I like the cage and is a nice addition to the interior. I have that cage, brides, Super duper suspension, brakes, etc and guess what I DONT TRACK MY CAR. big deal. People spend their money on diffeent items everyday even if wouldnt agree on their price or use. Well im happy all that matters, even if I am indanger of getting a concusion from the bars....im live my life on the edge
Old May 16, 2006, 10:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by onesicklambo
hey..some people have different opionions on the parts they install. WOW, you can bash a product that you wouldnt recomend or would buy yourself. GOOD for you. Yeah maybe it is unsafe for daily driving..but so is alcohol..go preach about that! I like the cage and is a nice addition to the interior. I have that cage, brides, Super duper suspension, brakes, etc and guess what I DONT TRACK MY CAR. big deal. People spend their money on diffeent items everyday even if wouldnt agree on their price or use. Well im happy all that matters, even if I am indanger of getting a concusion from the bars....im live my life on the edge
WTF? Are you serious? They're not talking about getting a boo-boo on your forehead here. You could seriously split your head open on that "cage" you installed. You're not living your life on the edge here, you're just acting stupid. Sorry to sound like an *** there but people on this thread are advising you on how to not kill yourself and you reply by saying you "live your life on the edge." Holy **** Paul Walker!!
Old May 16, 2006, 10:58 PM
Evolved Member

^ for your info i was kidding bout the life on the edge comment hence the wink. I am FAR from paul walker trust me. And yes i know i could seriously get hurt. ANy one can... cage or not..you can be in a 5star crash rated mini van and get hurt more, just depends on your luck, driving skills etc. soooo Ill take my chance thank you.
Old May 16, 2006, 11:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4G63>OOOO
Nice, what seats are those? Nascar surplus?
lol thats funny! because those seats prolly cost as much as your 6-speed in your "03 mr"
Old May 16, 2006, 11:25 PM
Evolved Member

it allllll JDM Babiieee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 16, 2006, 11:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by onesicklambo
lol thats funny! because those seats prolly cost as much as your 6-speed in your "03 mr"

haha OWNED

I understand trying to give the guy advice on the "cage" he bought. But damn there is no need to go into such effort to bash someone on his choice.