Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo IX Dreams Shattered.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2006, 04:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a brain fart and wanted to trade my 05 Evo for a 06 Acura RSX TypeS which had a out the door price of $24K. First the sale manager called my evo a lancer and he can only offer me $19 and laughed in his face and told them to shove it. I woke up then. I still got the evo LOL
Old Feb 20, 2006, 04:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Technical XTC
I think I will stick with my Evo VIII, I have it the way I want it, the handling is so good that I am effectively speed blind and can switch lanes at 100+ with a flick of the wrist and nearly 0 body roll. handling is good although I wish I could have the MIVEC to add some bottom end back but I bet a proper tune could help me with that along with one of those eBay 02 housings I have been hearing so much about.
I'm keeping my 03 also. Vishnu has a MIVEC retrofit in the works and I'll just wait patiently untill it's available for our cars.
Old Feb 20, 2006, 04:20 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by PapitoEVO8
I had a brain fart and wanted to trade my 05 Evo for a 06 Acura RSX TypeS which had a out the door price of $24K. First the sale manager called my evo a lancer and he can only offer me $19 and laughed in his face and told them to shove it. I woke up then. I still got the evo LOL
What in gods name posses you sir? Unless payments were an issue, I would LOVE a RSX-S for a daily beater.

Originally Posted by EvoTio
I'm keeping my 03 also. Vishnu has a MIVEC retrofit in the works and I'll just wait patiently untill it's available for our cars.
That has GOT to be extremely expnesive though, if he can incorporate it cheaply, I would LOVE to see this, link to these results?

Anyway I can't believe the attention I am getting, I may as well stay with my Evo, unless I can find a used IX for cheap
Old Feb 20, 2006, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

They didn't want your business. I sold cars once upon a time. They figured if they could steal your VIII and then give you the "Ben Dover" deal on the new one, they'd do it. An average dealer out here told me (on an Evo in great shape with 40K), I could get 22.5 (Book value) on a trade, about 3 mos ago. That may have come down a tad since then.

Mods do not help your cause. Stock is all most always "king" on a trade in.

Dealers are hip to people realizing that the IX's are getting a lot of attention. They know they can sell the IX with a fat aftermarket "pack" to someone sooner or later.

It's not like the end of 03 when dealers started thinking that they had sold about all the Evo's that they were going to because the cars were just sitting on the lots (at least around here, in CO). I picked up a the GSR with wing and roof for 28 +taxes.

You may have to drive to a dealer where they want to sell cars. The first one I stopped at out here, told me the car wasn't for someone like me, and wouldn't let me test drive one. So after I bought one elsewhere that same week, I went back and told them I really appreciated them showing me the car in the first place, and how much finally test driving the car made me want to buy one (I was rubbing it in their face of course).
Old Feb 20, 2006, 04:26 PM
Evolving Member

13k for an 03 evo? u know u r smoking when u offered a customer a 13k-trade-in for an evo. its not worth the hassle with a huge markup. wait til the end of the yr when u can buy an evo an a cheaper price. sorry to hear that. id be cursing up a storm if that was me.
Old Feb 20, 2006, 04:29 PM
Evolving Member

Dude keep you car, its hell of a lot nicer then the stock IX. F that Mitsu dealerships they're straight criminal!!!
Old Feb 20, 2006, 04:34 PM
Evolving Member

For an 03 with 62k Miles its not really worth more than 19k. Kelly Blue book has them listed for lower. Nada has them a little higher but not by much. 18k from Subaru...I would have traded it in for the STI. Dealers don't take into account how much money and time you spent on your car. They figure out what mods you have and deduct it.

Im not a sales person but that's what some sales people tell me. If you want a IX, sell it as a Private Seller, then you can get whatever price you want for it.
Old Feb 20, 2006, 04:35 PM
Account Disabled

Anyone have a dealer who may want to try a deal within the Tri-State Area?
Old Feb 20, 2006, 04:37 PM
Account Disabled

they're not going to offer you $30,000 for a trade. They always play it lower than it is.

But yeh, Evo IX, when I tried to trade my car in, 55000 miles, I have no mechanical problems or even a single dent in my paint. $17,000 with the Evo IX MR being $41,000 out the door.

Crazy talk.

$4000 for the appearance package markup.
Old Feb 20, 2006, 04:38 PM
Evolving Member

[QUOTE=Technical XTC]What in gods name posses you sir? Unless payments were an issue, I would LOVE a RSX-S for a daily beater.

It was a nightmare I had but I am awake now and still love my Evo

Old Feb 20, 2006, 04:40 PM

ye man thats very sad that they tried to rip u off I just got MR for 35G and man with everything its gonna cost me 42.5 thats sucks man but I love the car. It has to much power on the first gear and to much tourq I was making a turn and gave to much gas ohhhhh I did almost a dounat on a street. I'd like to c ur car. are u from chicago or around it?
Old Feb 20, 2006, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That has GOT to be extremely expnesive though, if he can incorporate it cheaply, I would LOVE to see this, link to these results?
The MIVEC will be controlled by the XEDE which I already have. A special or factory cam gear will be used and probably a new intake cam. We'll have to wait and see what else is needed when Shiv irons out everything, but I think that it would be definitely cheaper than buying a new IX. I also like my 03 too much to give it up and the MIVEC upgrade would be great if it's cost effective.
Old Feb 20, 2006, 04:45 PM
Account Disabled

Man he is gona run it through the XEDE? so that now I have to buy an XEDE and pay for all that uning as well? I hope Shiv relizes that if he makes his kit universal he'll sell about 5 times as many. It reminds me of the video games crash of the 80's. Ever-increasing costs of overly complicated add-ons where the technology was upgrading daily. I'lll wait for Al someone who makes one to work with a flash or atleast a standalone external unit.
Old Feb 20, 2006, 05:03 PM
Evolving Member

Classic "keeping up with the Joneses" temptation.

It's always nice to upgrade to the latest version, but the 03 is not even close to being that far away in difference to cause you to want to get into an 05. No matter how many financial tricks you play, you will always LOSE money getting into a newer car. So just save the money for more mods and be happy and content with your 03.

Until there are radical changes to the body or performance, it's not worth dumping money just to upgrade into a newer Evo.

Brent
Old Feb 20, 2006, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Evo IX Dreams Shattered.

$13,000. Yep, that is what they offered for my 2003 Lancer Evolution . .

I sold my VIII to the local dealership after purchasing my 05 RS outright (no trade in) with average milage, $2600 in body damage to the rear bumper and frame, beat to hell curbed up wheels with junk wore out tires (cords showing) that I purchased from Dave Buschur for $100 on the car so I could keep the good set of stock rims that were on it originally for my winter rims on the new car.

I sold this to the dealership outright for $18,000.

Keith

Quick Reply: Evo IX Dreams Shattered.