Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Anyone put deposit for msrp Evo at Fresno?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2003, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone put deposit for msrp Evo at Fresno?

I'm really excited about the msrp at Fresno . I was wondering if anyone put down a deposit for Fresno. Because Fresno is like 4 hours away from me, i will have to send in my deposit. Before i do that, i want to make sure this is a good idea (sending deposit in without visiting dealership). Anyone send in their deposits?

I'll be reserving a silver one, right now without sunroof i'll get it on May 11th. Should i get a sunroof? I'll get it on April 20th 420 instead!

Msrp in CA! Hope everyone get their cars soon
Old Apr 1, 2003, 03:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hell Yeah. Been talking to them for about 3 weeks (I live down there.. actually up in the foothills in Coarsegold, 30 min. north of Fresno). Trying to beat them down to MSRP... well looks like they finally gave in. I told them about Salinas and even had them call to confirm that Salinas was selling at MSRP... used that as leverage.. .. seemed to work. So last Saturday, confirmed with them to get #1 on the list for a silver with sunroof - $1000 deposit. Supposedly, it arrives at the port on APR 28... available May 1. This is the same car you are talking about. They actually told me about you today, but that you were looking for no sunroof. I BEG YOU... PLEASE don't figure out away to get ahead of me on the list for the silver sunroof. I need the car by May 1... taking a week long road trip to Vegas, Grand Canyon, and all around the Arizona desert and then to San Diego with my wife for our anniversary. So please have mercy on me and go for the no sunroof car in mid-May. I really don't want to take the Forester on the road trip.

In return, I'll show you some sweet backroads around my house in the foothills 30 minutes from Fresno. Have one particular GREAT road for the evo. 35 miles of 2 lane through rolling hills with no traffic... would be just a slight detour on your way North to SF. Drops you in onto hwy 99 on your way home. By the way, I work in SF during the week, weekends near Fresno... so when you go to Fresno to pick up your car, if its a weekend, let me know if you need a place to crash overnight. Could crash at our place in the hills if you need.

Anyway, Adam Bonilla is the kid I've been dealing with at Fresno Mitsubishi. Great kid. One of the few salesman that actually seems really interested in cars and knows a something. Can tell he keeps up to date. He knew a lot about the STI and WRX also... not just smoke up the ***, but like is really into these cars. Seems like a good kid. So any of you looking for a nice kid to sell you a car at MSRP, call Fresno Mitsubishi and ask for Adam. Tell him Steve sent you, and PLEASE DON'T SNAKE MY SILVER SUNROOF. You don't want me to spend 7 days on rural Arizona backroads in my wife's Forester, do you?? That would SUCK!

They have a Yellow snrf and a red no/snrf sitting on the floor now I think... if someone wants those.
Old Apr 1, 2003, 04:01 PM
Evolving Member

BTW: anybody in the SF Bay Area or Fresno area have an Evo and would be willing to give me a 10 minute ride????

Trying to get an idea of what the ride quality is like (noise, harshness, etc) compared to a WRX, my old Porsche and my crappy but always reliable Neon. Would love to spend 10 minutes in the passenger seat on the freeway. Not worried about performance... I know that is great. Just want to know if the passenger seat will be comfortable for my wife's tender booty.
Old Apr 1, 2003, 04:09 PM
Evolving Member

its not harsh its kinda stiff but not all that bad for daily drives
Old Apr 1, 2003, 04:23 PM
Evolving Member

that's what I wanted to hear. cuz I got a lot of daily driving to do!!!
Old Apr 1, 2003, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I had (have) a deposit at Fresno. I've been trying to get my check back for 3 weeks. They misled me for MSRP, then wanted $3k over. I bought one down here in So Cal for less, without the 9 hr drive.
If you get it for MSRP - great, just my experience wasn't so good .
Old Apr 1, 2003, 06:32 PM

This is awesome. I think pretty soon, we'll see more and more CA dealers selling the EVO @ MSRP even up here in the bay area

Cheers
Old Apr 1, 2003, 07:40 PM

i live in dinuba, which is about 30 miles south of fresno. i went to the selma mitsu which is in between fresno and dinuba and the dealership had their evos for about 4 grand over msrp. they said they were pretty firm, but im sure if anyone is serious, they would talk. just fyi...

i wanna ride in an evo too, if anybody's offering...
Old Apr 1, 2003, 08:20 PM
Evolving Member

Perfect. Thanks for the info. Using Salinas and Fresno dealers as leverage, any of "us" should be able to easily negotiate Selma into MSRP. Its kinda out in the middle of nowhere (no offense shaol!n... I live in the mountains, so I ain't knockin the country life in Selma or Dinuba). This should make them harder to sell, and with the nearest dealer right up the road offering at MSRP in writing , SELMA will probably have to match 'em. That's where the market is now... at least in the central valley and central coast of CA. If that's where the market is, other dealers will need to match it... the market will dictate the price.

So, I would say there are 4 more California Evos available at MSRP in Selma if somebody works it right. Welcome to a nice free market. Nothing wrong with them asking over MSRP if they can get it, but they damn well better drop the price when the market starts dropping, or they'll have those Evos for quite a while.

Shaol!n - is there a dealer in Visalia? have you talked to them?
Old Apr 1, 2003, 08:23 PM
Evolving Member

Hey SS RX7, where did you get your EVO?
Old Apr 1, 2003, 08:51 PM

It seems that people will be able to get good deals on the Evo near central and southern CA. However people up in the north should be able to use this against the dealerships up there. Actually i went to one of the dealerships near the bay area that is on the boycott list ($15,000 markup). I used Salinas and Fresno on them. We kept talking for an hour or so. In the beginning he was going to give it to me 40 out the doors, so i explained to him that i'm aboutt he put deposit at Fresno etc. This got down to $38k which is still a no no. Eventually i got to a price where they won't go down no more, so i told them to give me the pit pass. Final offer: with pit pass, $36k out the door.
Knowing they have my number, i walked out saying its still too much, but from $48 out the door to $36 is not bad. I probably would of got it for this price a month ago.

Either call the dealerships with msrp or wait for the dealerships to bring down their markups which should be soon. ALWAYS haggle and use msrp dealerships to your advantage!

To: Svillata,
Don't worry i'm not planning on getting the roof, plus you put in deposit before me, so you'll definitely get it first I just hope that nothing like what happened to ssrx7 will happen to us.

all dealerships with markups,
cheers to dealerships with msrp
Old Apr 1, 2003, 09:42 PM
Evolving Member

Yes, this definitely gives all us CA people some ammo. Socal dealers still think they have a Porsche 996 sitting on their showroom floors. It'll be a wakeup call soon when all the dealers with big markups have like 10-20 evos on the lot not moved.
Old Apr 1, 2003, 10:57 PM

Fresno Mitsubishi is now selling evo's at MSRP if you mention that you saw it on this forum. That wasnt the case when the first few hit. If interested in a MSRP deal further details can be discussed at adambfresnomitsu@hotmail.com