Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Brand New Evo9 (electric Blue) Stolen!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2006, 01:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by smokedmustang
Again, I go up to the dealership alot, "my second home", and they showed my a copy of the drivers liscence, and asked me if i knew him. I said "Never saw him before" and the sales manager said " He knows you, he mentioned your name". They tried the cell number he left (test driver) and the number was bogus. There was a salesperson with him the whole test-drive. Didn't swipe the key there. IT WAS BRAND NEW, and the only EB evo9 around. I am not sure that the "test-driver" is involved, but then again, you never know! Could be someone who wrecked their evo (totalled) and switched VIN #'s. I am not sure. will keep you posted.

Phone number given, and name dropping..
Both established credibility. Both were found to be erroneous.
I say, post up the copy of the drivers license.
Granted perhaps the test driver is a freind of a friend that knows you, and perhaps he gave the wrong number just to keep the sales people from blowing up his phone, week after week...
Local law enforcement should be tracking him down.

Id blanket all the dsm/evo and 3S sites. Id be watching for part out threads, ebay ads and the like... Ill keep an eye on Autotrader as well.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 01:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DSMorBUST
thats pretty shady... no cameras??? someone had to see somethin... a brand new Evo doesnt roll away ... def. an inside job. but i do also know someone who had theyre evo stolen in NY(brooklyn).... but off the dealership lot.... you gotta have some BIG ***** or very very little brain cells...
where in brooklyn was this? i'm seeing this girl in brooklyn and i don't wanna park in a bad neighborhood. how's the area of coney island ave--avenue U?
Old Feb 21, 2006, 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

hahaha i havent heard anything from bad from there about evos anyway... just make sure you have a good(loud) alarm... and try to park under light obviously.. but really if they want your car, theyre takin it.. i would rather not chance it... i think it was somewhere around eastern parkway..? not sure.. but basically... my friends evo got jacked.. found it like a month later... got insurance money... 19.5k into a sweet 240(s15 conversion/sr20, yadyyada) and sold it and now is going back to EVO... and still tryin to figure out exactly how they stole it.. it happened at nite... in front of his crib.... just be careful... have the chick come see you.. haha
Old Feb 21, 2006, 05:21 PM
Evolving Member

They tried the cell number he left (test driver) and the number was bogus.
well if the last person who test drove it left a bogus number, it makes him very shady. hope they find the bastard and sorry to hear you had to get involved in this. it's tough being a celebrity
Old Feb 21, 2006, 05:25 PM
Evolving Member

They tried the cell number he left (test driver) and the number was bogus.
if the last person who test drove it left a bogus number, he is very suspicious. I am sorry to hear you had to get involved in this! it is tough being the local celeb hope they find the bastard!!
Old Feb 21, 2006, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JoizeeX
where in brooklyn was this? i'm seeing this girl in brooklyn and i don't wanna park in a bad neighborhood. how's the area of coney island ave--avenue U?

That area sucks.....

pretty much most parts of brooklyn sucks

unless its dyker heights, bensonhust, Howward beach
Old Feb 21, 2006, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DSMorBUST
hahaha i havent heard anything from bad from there about evos anyway... just make sure you have a good(loud) alarm... and try to park under light obviously.. but really if they want your car, theyre takin it.. i would rather not chance it... i think it was somewhere around eastern parkway..? not sure.. but basically... my friends evo got jacked.. found it like a month later... got insurance money... 19.5k into a sweet 240(s15 conversion/sr20, yadyyada) and sold it and now is going back to EVO... and still tryin to figure out exactly how they stole it.. it happened at nite... in front of his crib.... just be careful... have the chick come see you.. haha

The area around Eastern Parkway, pretty much the entire streatch of eastern parkway sucks as well.... I would not feel safe leaving my EVO there.... but my $800 beater, I'll park it anyway.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Sure does sound like an inside job that doesnt just happen with no camera footage or anything.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 06:04 PM
ROC

u can't just switch the ECU's the car will not start or recognize the ECU
Old Feb 21, 2006, 07:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
That area sucks.....

pretty much most parts of brooklyn sucks

unless its dyker heights, bensonhust, Howward beach
It's a good thing I'm in Bensonhurst. Wait....I said too much. I mean Dyker Heights.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 08:44 PM
Evolving Member

Your Post

I believe this was indeed an inside job. Mainly you cant just steal this car. The ECU is dead without the key, and towing it would require a truck that can pull the whole car onto a flat bed truck, since the car is AWD you can't just hook it up to two wheels, it just wouldn't move! The ECU swap is possible, but someone would need to know the car, and have access to an EVO ECU with a matching key set. Well, hope you catch the guy or gal, but sure does seem suspicious.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 01:06 AM
Evolved Member

im glad around here in south florida, its honda hunting only around here. the only cars getting stolen are K series hondas.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
UPDATE:It appears the car is headed toward Chicago area. "X" employee lives that way, and there is a "spare key" missing from the back room. Looks like inside job, and the one who mentioned my name, wasn't said person.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 03:35 PM
Evolved Member

UPDATE:It appears the car is headed toward Chicago area. "X" employee lives that way, and there is a "spare key" missing from the back room. Looks like inside job, and the one who mentioned my name, wasn't said person.
any more 411?>?
Old Feb 22, 2006, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SilverNine
any more 411?>?
Maybe elgin area. watch out for it. more info to follow. He only worked there a little bit, maybe on the whole premise to "hijack" the car. If you spot a blue evo9 with undercarrage and side skirt dammage, you are probably looking at the car.