Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Wahoo! Finally got an Evo VIII!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2006, 12:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice choice. Good looking car.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice find. Seems like good condition. Welcome to the evo world. Wonder why everyones initial mod is a turbotimer hhaha they serve no purpose on a water cooled turbo.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 01:06 PM
Evolving Member

looks clean, with a t-timer and evo 7 tails already...
Old Feb 21, 2006, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sthiewes
...I'm looking for a used one myself....but it's only been 2 weeks or so ....I haven't seen anything to local yet.
Def keep searching, cause when I was searching, all I can find is Evos up north like in NJ/NY or even Mass. I'm from FL, but I wanted one so bad that I was willing to fly up there and drive it back since I didn't want to pay for the shipping too. Therefore I was looking for a low mileage Evo! lol!

And Schuyler, you're not that far from me! Couple hours I'd say. Congrats on the purchase. I've had mine for about a month myself and I'm in love! Gotta love the black!...that's just how mines looks. And yes, I wish I had the JDM Evo VII tails also. I'm buying them soon, but want to get other goodies first.

Well, good luck with it!
Old Feb 21, 2006, 02:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jqturbo
Def keep searching, cause when I was searching, all I can find is Evos up north like in NJ/NY or even Mass. I'm from FL, but I wanted one so bad that I was willing to fly up there and drive it back since I didn't want to pay for the shipping too. Therefore I was looking for a low mileage Evo! lol!

And Schuyler, you're not that far from me! Couple hours I'd say. Congrats on the purchase. I've had mine for about a month myself and I'm in love! Gotta love the black!...that's just how mines looks. And yes, I wish I had the JDM Evo VII tails also. I'm buying them soon, but want to get other goodies first.

Well, good luck with it!
Cheers man - thanks, can't wait to get it. I'd love to fly up and drive it down, but I'm knee deep in the weeds at work and I've got a looming software deadline next week.

I'm thinking that a reflash and mbc are in order. Local dealer is supposedly fairly mod-friendly - I'll try to get to know the service manager first.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 02:10 PM
Evolving Member

welcome to the fam!!!
Old Feb 21, 2006, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Schuyler
...I'm thinking that a reflash and mbc are in order. Local dealer is supposedly fairly mod-friendly - I'll try to get to know the service manager first.
Yes, that's a good idea! Those are a couple quick mods I need also, but just sortin' some stuff out myself(other priorities) before I begin the fun!

And it's always good to have a mod-friendly dealership...didn't know that was possible, but more power to ya!
Old Feb 21, 2006, 02:27 PM
Evolving Member

Question for any other 04.5 owners out there - is it true, as carfax states, that it has 3/36 scheduled maintenance for free?

Edit: here's the exact text from carfax:

2004, 2004.5 and 2005 new vehicles purchased by 07-01-04 receive free scheduled maintenance for 3/45,000.

Last edited by Schuyler; Feb 21, 2006 at 02:30 PM.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:44 AM
Evolving Member

Update: Flying into Pittsburgh tomorrow @ 2:30pm to drive it down to Jax. Should be fun. Have to stock up on stuff to listen to on my iPod. I won't be stopping anywhere except for sleep on Friday, but should be nice and scenic - first part of the drive is West Virginia, then VA, then NC through Charlotte, then down to SC, GA and back to Jax, FL. I get 860 miles to get acquainted with it, and some snow possibly.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Question for any other 04.5 owners out there - is it true, as carfax states, that it has 3/36 scheduled maintenance for free?

Edit: here's the exact text from carfax:

2004, 2004.5 and 2005 new vehicles purchased by 07-01-04 receive free scheduled maintenance for 3/45,000.
I dont think that is transferable and the 100k mi powertrain warranty not transferable too. I might be wrong though.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

Update: Flying into Pittsburgh tomorrow @ 2:30pm to drive it down to Jax. Should be fun. Have to stock up on stuff to listen to on my iPod. I won't be stopping anywhere except for sleep on Friday, but should be nice and scenic - first part of the drive is West Virginia, then VA, then NC through Charlotte, then down to SC, GA and back to Jax, FL. I get 860 miles to get acquainted with it, and some snow possibly.

I hope for your sake that it doesnt still have the Advans on it if you're driving through snow.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 02:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
congrats on your new evo. have fun w/ it.!
Old Mar 2, 2006, 04:47 PM
Evolving Member

That is VERY cool dude! I was thinking of buying that car also! And I was going to bid higher so I say congrats on your car, you where lucky I didn't steal it from you!!

I will be monitoring you to see if the car brakes down all of a sudden j/k
Old Mar 2, 2006, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by byron3636
JDM is what the japan spec models get, OEM is usually original equipment, which in the USA would be the USDM spec stuff.

I personally am not a fan of the evo 7 tails. I like the new MR tails

Really, the VII tails are the best. All the USDM tail look like sh!ty altezzas.