Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Stock EVO 8 vs. Modded RSX-S (video)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2003, 12:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HAhahAH thats funny .. but dont' use Gods name.. Even tho it did give me a good laugh..Just let then think that.. I personally drove both rsx-s and now owning the EVO.. RSX-S looks like ****.. Enough said
Old Apr 2, 2003, 12:17 PM
Evolving Member

Its more of a womens car... I recommended all my homegirls to buy it
Old Apr 2, 2003, 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

If i'm not mistaken did the 6th Gear VteK Smoke the Crap out of 5th Gear twin Scroll
Old Apr 2, 2003, 12:43 PM
Evolving Member

For all of you thinking us Evo lovers think the Evo is gods gift to road racers completely missed "MY" point in my posts. I even said it was irrelevant as to whom won the race. Any car can be made to beat any car. I'm not at all concerned about the Evo winning or losing. If it was me I would have won but that's beside the point. My point is that the video doesn't look legit. Why are the dash lights in the Evo white looking? Was the camera filming in black & white? It wasn't nightshot mode cuz it would be green. The truck passed by slowly. If you think that looks fast get your eyes checked. I can pass someone doing 60mph while I'm at 80 mph and pass them faster than that. Now all that being said I give those of you credit, yes film does make things look slower. Without a doubt it always looks slower on film but this film looks like it's a lot slower. In any case it's not the end of the world. It may be a real video it may not. Don't really care. If you don't expect to get this type of reaction don't post a video of an Evo losing on APril 1st homez. You make yourself look bad.
Old Apr 2, 2003, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

Evo is Gods gift.. What are you tripping on
Old Apr 2, 2003, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
did ANYONE even look at the comparison picture I posted??? go back to the first thread and compair the video picture on the right to the EVO cluster on the left. its plain as day to see how fast they were going.

Also, AbusiveWombat makes a very good point.

btw... why in the HELL would someone goto all the trouble to spoof the speed, and the rpms on the EVO cluster??

Last edited by Event-Horizon; Apr 2, 2003 at 02:46 PM.
Old Apr 2, 2003, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ahhhh weak, that evo driver doesnt know how to ****in handle an evo8, i ****in smoked an m3 with my evo6 before, what the hell..............learn to drive bro, learn it, master it, peace
Old Apr 2, 2003, 03:56 PM

fellas, I can teach a monkey how to race from a roll......What driving skills are you guys talking about....Evo got beat period...I'm a big Evo fan....But let's face it, stock it's not that great on the highway....It's only trapping 100 (maybe 101) @ best stock....It's not that hard to believe...it doesn't matter who the driver there are no bad drivers on the highway....It's not hard to step on the gas.....If it was on the track from a stop...then i'll say whack *** driver....

EVO lost because it was stock....with a boost controller and 3 inch tb exhaust...then let's say bye bye to everyone else....(well, not everyone) but bye bye to many cars...
$1000 -> this car will be in 12's....my cousin's gsx with a 16g did 12's with basic bolt on's

Peace out fellas....it's okay accept it...EVO lost...(cuz it's stock)
Old Apr 2, 2003, 04:04 PM
Evolved Member

**** reading all this ****. My question. Any internal upgrades done on that RSX? If not then there's no way in hell that the RSX is gettin passed 155. The S's top speed is 150. That guy in the Evo should be pissed instead of laughing if he gots spanked by an RSX.
Old Apr 2, 2003, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by TaiwanEvo
If i'm not mistaken did the 6th Gear VteK Smoke the Crap out of 5th Gear twin Scroll
Old Apr 2, 2003, 04:11 PM

why should he be pissed?... that's what you call enthusiast... He respect other people's car.... That's how everyone should accept defeat..... He knows his car is stock... What is so hard to believe?
Old Apr 2, 2003, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

What's hard to beleive is this video.......the evo is really fierce up to 60 or 70 so unless they were already going that fast and started the race, the evo would have been pretty far ahead...that would mean the RSX is not only fast enough to beat the evo, but fast enough to gain all that distance lost before 70 and then pass.

Not only that.......i dont know many hondas that can go past 150
Old Apr 2, 2003, 04:22 PM
Evolving Member

Rob Obviously You don't know about the World famous 3rd geAr VteC only found in Honda cars.. i believe 70 is where the heart of the vtec is in 3rd.. i might be wrong for Rsx-S
Old Apr 2, 2003, 04:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by TaiwanEvo
Rob Obviously You don't know about the World famous 3rd geAr VteC only found in Honda cars.. i believe 70 is where the heart of the vtec is in 3rd.. i might be wrong for Rsx-S
You mean that ringing in my ear when i'm at 8000 RPM in a honda? I just thought it was my hearing starting to fail from all the engine whine. I was wondering what that was......

Just messin'
Old Apr 2, 2003, 06:56 PM
Evolving Member

8.5k in a type R will make ur Eyes BLEED

Quick Reply: Stock EVO 8 vs. Modded RSX-S (video)