Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Elise wrecked, discounts on a 9?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2006, 04:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Elise wrecked, discounts on a 9?

Yup it is me again. My car got run iver for the 3rd time in 1 year since i have been living in LA. I wanted to get rid of it last time it was run over, and today it happened again. You can take a look at a few bad pics of it here

http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/show...t=19989&page=2

Anyway, is it possible to get a discount for a new 9, or do they sell for sticker and that is all? I love the 9 and if i get a new car it will be between an S4 or an EVO. And I love the Evo.. Any suggestions?? Thanks for your help guys. Hopefully the insurance will total it out..finally....
Old Feb 21, 2006, 04:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mean TT
Yup it is me again. My car got run iver for the 3rd time in 1 year since i have been living in LA. I wanted to get rid of it last time it was run over, and today it happened again. You can take a look at a few bad pics of it here

Anyway, is it possible to get a discount for a new 9, or do they sell for sticker and that is all? I love the 9 and if i get a new car it will be between an S4 or an EVO. And I love the Evo.. Any suggestions?? Thanks for your help guys. Hopefully the insurance will total it out..finally....
Wow, that sucks! Check out the dealer forum for some good prices on new IXs in So Cal.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 05:00 PM
Evolving Member

sorry to hear about your car! maybe the lotus IS to small check south coast mitsubishi. they were selling evos belov invoice. I don't know if it is up still but check them out!
Old Feb 21, 2006, 05:13 PM
Evolving Member

jeez you need to change that sig file to just "you never f'n see me"

sorry to hear about this...
again.

i had this happen once in my tt roadster as well. never really got back to feeling comfortable in it after that around big cars.

ps. evo's might not look as good as the lotus(matter of opinion) but they will definitely out run them on the track
Old Feb 21, 2006, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

Wow, that really sucks. If they finally total it this time, look at it this way: you lose one great car, but gain another.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mean TT

That totally sucks... but I think the accident would have happened even if you had been driving an EVO.

Anyhow, check these guys out, they seem to be local to you

http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8624
Old Feb 21, 2006, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

Holy shat that sucks!! Hope you find a new IX soon.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

The S4 and IX are different beasts altogether. We test drove an S4 Quattro25 edition and it's very heavy, coming from your elise I think you'd probably find it unacceptable. The MR is a nice balance between weight and solidity. I think you'd enjoy owning one.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Man sorry to here about the Elise, I never thought about how small they are could become a problem especially in SUV/Truck loving America. Southcoast Mitsubishi and many other California dealerships have some really good specials going on for the EVO IX. I got my EVO IX RS from them and the sticker price was $25,999.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 06:40 PM
Evolving Member

Dam SUV drivers should be dragged out of thier cars and shot and then have thier cars blown up. I swear most of them can't drive a shopping cart let alone a 3 ton chunk of steel.
sory about teh ranting and about your elise...
Old Feb 21, 2006, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by smack_evo

ps. evo's might not look as good as the lotus(matter of opinion) but they will definitely out run them on the track
not my opinion . elises are ugly
Old Feb 21, 2006, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

maybe you just werent meant to drive a lotus.. go for the EVO=BOOOOOSSSTTTTT
Old Feb 21, 2006, 07:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jakeg97
not my opinion . elises are ugly
Well there are several downsides to owning an Elise. Saftey as I have mentioned before - is my main concern. Call me a slow learner, but this has happened 3 times in 1 year in LA. Put simply, the Elise is not a dalily driver. It WILL get hit. Not to mention how it is entirely fiberglass and if you snag a driveway, you need a 7K clam replacement.

The other cavet of Lotus ownership is the stigma that goes with it. While the vast majority of Lotus owners are great people, there are a few that give us all the reputation for being snoody. Kind of a shame.

The turbo kits for the car cost 9K installed, intakes are sold for the bargain price of 500 to 600 dollars, and some idiots pay 3,000 dollars for exhaust systems that MAKE NO MORE POWER...

I miss the days of makeing a car your own....and not having to worry about the possibility of me dying around every corner.

I think I can show the adjuster the cost associated with the repairs from last time. Last time the adjuster estimated 4 thousand dollars in repairs, it was close to 25K. Hopefully when he sees the receipts for that he will just write me a check..
Old Feb 22, 2006, 02:22 PM
Evolving Member

So I got a copy of the last accident that I am going to show the adjuster. Hopefully he wont low ball me. Last time he assumed 4,000 dolalrs. Instead the bill was 22K. Admittidelly that is almost fraud, but that is what they insurance company had to pay. This time There is more damage, and i don't want to have my car int he shop 77 days like last time.

So in the LA area, what is a fair price for a new EVO IX? I like the MR, but dont think it is worth the price. Also, what mods can I get away with and STILL pass the corrupt CA emissions standards?

Thanks for the input everyone..
Old Feb 22, 2006, 02:31 PM
Evolving Member

my TT was like a tapeworm to SUV
sometimes they start shaking the steering when I passed them coz they didnt see me at all
especially in snow