Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO as a daily driver.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2006, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by anjapower
Or if you're a poor college student that needs a car to last him 100k while being reliable, buy a Honda Civic.
Yeah dont buy an EVO if youre short on cash lol
Old Feb 22, 2006, 01:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TogueMonster
I hear Cadillac makes comfortable stuff.
I used to laugh at Cadillacs too, but I drove one for a few months (rental) in Detroit. I have to tell you. They do very well for what they were designed to do.

You could ride one of those things over a set of whoop dee doos and you wouldn't feel a thing.

The coolest thing though were the liquid cooled seats. On a hot summer day you just hit a button and the black leather seats that were 10000 degrees become almost cold in a matter of seconds. Its the most amazing thing.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 02:43 PM

I have a 2005 and my two work buddies have 2003's and none of us have had to do any work to them. My other buddy has an STi and he has to look at our mufflers on a consistent basis thanks to the money it truly costs to get significant power out of an STi. A little side note is that i live in the Chicago area and this car is awesome in the winter as long as you change the tires so plan on two sets
Old Feb 22, 2006, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

no seriously.. its no fun to drive it every day. You dont drive cammed/upgraded injector evo daily so I can expect you to relate.. but once you start with serious mods all drivability goes out the window.. plus consider if your buying a used evo you have no idea how it was beat on.. and your likely going to have to have some serious service done over the next 50K. So if you cannot afford to own a car that may be on the shelf for a month waiting for a new engine or transmission then I dont see where a used evo is not the right car. Its defianetly awesome to have a race car, but having it is your only form of transportation gets old. I place owning an evo on the same level as owning a bike.. its a toy car bottom line... what you drive a hayabusa to work everyday? hell no...! and owning any year evo is definately not a bad thing by any means.. I would never sell it! But Id much prefer an srt8 300c for daily use.

Originally Posted by AtO-MiX
What ****ing car does not make noise?Dont listen to this idiot...the 03,04,and 05 and even the IX all drive with that stiff and rough ride on the road...expect the MR to be alil better for daily driving. This guy makes it sound like a 03 or 04 is the worst thing ever to come out lol you should of bought a honda it seems. I have a 04 RS for my daily driver and i love it...stiff ride and all. I have come to hate driving anything that does not have that stiff rough ride that the evo has. The evo is for that raw performance...its pretty much a race car...and anyone getting or wanting to get an evo should know that it wont drive like a BMW or something.

Last edited by bdking57; Feb 22, 2006 at 03:03 PM.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bdking57
no seriously.. its no fun to drive it every day. You dont drive cammed/upgraded injector evo daily so I can expect you to relate.. but once you start with serious mods all drivability goes out the window...
No seriously...that would happen to any car after sometime as previously stated!

However I have a few friends that are cammed out with their Evos and its still a smooth ride. Maybe you need some tuning, but you can't tell the guy its no fun as a daily, cause a modded Evo would make it even that much more fun to drive!
Old Feb 22, 2006, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

ok... so it is fun.. the non-fun part im talking about is when the girl with the incredible huge mammaries in the passenger seat wants to strike you every time you are on an uneven piece of road.

We actually have roads worthy of the evo in this area so morning driving is fun as hell at 6 am... I follow a long stretch of winding road that is on outskirts of laguna seca and its a blast! Driving home in bumper to bumper traffic sucks though..

Originally Posted by jqturbo
No seriously...that would happen to any car after sometime as previously stated!

However I have a few friends that are cammed out with their Evos and its still a smooth ride. Maybe you need some tuning, but you can't tell the guy its no fun as a daily, cause a modded Evo would make it even that much more fun to drive!
Old Feb 22, 2006, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

they,re both exc. reliable cars its up to you which one you like better, like its been said likely the,ve been driven hard so watch who you buy it from and get it checked out by the dealer