Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVOlution with 100k

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2006, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would think that at 100k your biggest concern would be:

--piston rings

--turbo (at the end of its lifespan even taken care of, my opinion)

--timing belt

--water pump

--oil pump

--head gasket

if it wasnt heavily modded and received regular oil changes, the bottom end should be good for at least another 50k

forget about normal wear items such as clutch and brakes, they will always wear out and need to be replaced at some point.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

The fit and finish is better than most honda's out there, interior is a bit weak but that's why you only pay 30K for the car.

Fit and finish is better than a honda? I don't think so...
Old Feb 22, 2006, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by TxEvo8
The fit and finish is better than most honda's out there, interior is a bit weak but that's why you only pay 30K for the car.

Fit and finish is better than a honda? I don't think so...
+1 ... Hey, but's its a racecar.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think bone stock and well taken care of it should last that long no problem. Hell, even with light mods it should too, again, being well taken care of. I think the ones that break are honestly the people beating this sh*t out of it thinking it can take the abuse. It's still a car with lots (more than most) of moving parts and should be driven as such. Small things like rev-matching downshifts, letting it warm up/cool down for a few seconds will make a big diff. in the long run.

Myself, I'm in the first category. I modded the hell out of my first sport compact and paid the price. Granted nothing broke, but it's expensive buying parts and labor and such. I've got just over 45k and am still on the stock clutch, brakes, everything but the fluids.

So if you want to get good reliability out of an Evo, just take care of it. And I agree with the person that said if you're single you need to be making almost $50k to live comfortably with it. I live with my fiance and I'm over $60k (NOT bragging by any means) and it's still kind of a stretch. I also drive over 50 miles a day so I'm in it for the mpg