Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

05 RS FOR IX RS? Help me decide!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2006, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zmeli
This is the kind or reply I am looking for. I do not quite understand what you are saying about the lease calculation? Are you saying that I will be doing the right thing if I get the IX at a 4400 t0 4500 bucks difference?

I'm not saying that you would be doing the right thing only that you are paying about the correct amount in depreciation.

Leases are based on a predetermined amount of mileage usually 12K, every mile you go over you pay a certain amount. I think that it is about .24 or .25....it may be more but I'm not 100% sure. BTW these #'s should only be used to determine the MAXIMUM amount that you should pay per mile.

If you really want the IX I would tell the dealer that you are willing to pay 0.20 per mile (because you car is in excellent condition bla, bla, bla), or in this case $3600.00 (18,000*0.20) and see what they say. They will counter offer a certain amount and you will most likely end up meeting them halfway ~0.24 a mile or ~$4300.00.

Is it the right thing to do? Well you have already paid the depreciation on your car, if you get a new on you'll take the hit again. Also you will pay more in property tax as you will not be able to take advantage of the depreciated value of the 05.

The advantage to trading: new tires, extra year of coverage (if you stay stock), and the normal IX improvements i.e. seats, more power, aesthetics and so on.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 09:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Boosted Josh
I'm not saying that you would be doing the right thing only that you are paying about the correct amount in depreciation.

Leases are based on a predetermined amount of mileage usually 12K, every mile you go over you pay a certain amount. I think that it is about .24 or .25....it may be more but I'm not 100% sure. BTW these #'s should only be used to determine the MAXIMUM amount that you should pay per mile.

If you really want the IX I would tell the dealer that you are willing to pay 0.20 per mile (because you car is in excellent condition bla, bla, bla), or in this case $3600.00 (18,000*0.20) and see what they say. They will counter offer a certain amount and you will most likely end up meeting them halfway ~0.24 a mile or ~$4300.00.

Is it the right thing to do? Well you have already paid the depreciation on your car, if you get a new on you'll take the hit again. Also you will pay more in property tax as you will not be able to take advantage of the depreciated value of the 05.

The advantage to trading: new tires, extra year of coverage (if you stay stock), and the normal IX improvements i.e. seats, more power, aesthetics and so on.
Thanks for clearing this up. The dealer is hounding me!! They have been calling my home phone for Two Days now asking when I will come in, ect. They even pulled the "somebody else is looking at the car" Line.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 10:41 AM
Evolving Member

I wonder if tulips would grow in the desert?

Last edited by CICreations; Feb 23, 2006 at 09:06 AM.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

dont be foolish and keep the VIII...05 RS is still a great car (10.5 hotside and other stuff)...i see no point in sacrificing 5k just to upgrade to a car thats only one year newer (although it may have MIVEC)
Old Feb 22, 2006, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

I would finance a IX GG MR for like $12k or so with your trade instead, atleast its an upgrade? and yur payments would be crazy cheap, especially if mitsu had that 0% still but even a nice 4-5% would be great, I envy you for that choice....I got payoff on my trade and got nothing in return except for the evo
Old Feb 22, 2006, 03:41 PM

If your current RS dont give you problem then I wouldn't trade it in...

If it in accident or problem then I would.