Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

getting tuned

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2006, 10:01 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
getting tuned

can anyone post a reply who has gotten a flash especially from al who does not have a boost controler. What did you get your boost up too and what do you hold at redline. I was thinking maybe taken this restrictor pill out. The reason i am asking is a have a hallman mbc but i dont want to use it i am against all boost controller with no safety cut off. I have one for sale by the way. thank you
Old Feb 22, 2006, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, the only safe way to run the mbc would be a boost gauge. My friend had a mbc and the dynoflash boost control with no gauge and it was supposed to be set at a 21-22 spike and settle to 20 but when we got a gauge in it was spikin to almost 2 bar. I don't know how accurate the boost control will be but the best bet is to use the mbc/gauge/and als flash to make sure the boost is what you want it at.
If you decide to sell the mbc, good luck with your sale.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just use the Hallman MBC. There is no need for a "safety cutoff." The only safety cutoff you need is your brain so that you don't turn it up too high for no reason. Once the boost is set, it doesn't just randomly shoot up high. It may spike a little higher in colder weather, but that's why you monitor your boost gauge and adjust accordingly.

Boost-control from the flash gives you around 20-21psi, and it holds 20psi most of the way to redline before tapering off, but not as bad as stock. I wouldn't suggest removing the pill. That's WAY more random than having a good Hallman MBC in control of your boost.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 10:18 AM
Rnm
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was tuned by Al and the ECU controls boost for me. I hit 21 lbs and then drop down to 17-18 lbs at redline. There is such a huge difference right now compared to a stock car, I love it!