Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

help injen intake

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2006, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol
Old Feb 22, 2006, 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

where is my thank you?
Old Feb 22, 2006, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by evolved8
excuse me arthimetic, hes asking for help, not ur personal opinion on wether on not he should have an intake. if he wants an intake let him have an intake. its been dyno shown that intakes actually do make more horsepower then stock when properly tuned. maybe that is why he got one. just because u cant afford an evo doesnt mean u have to knock other peoples modding path. do us a favor and step the hell out of this thread.
Tisk, tisk, tisk... just because I don't own an evo doesn't mean I can't afford one . You statment is partially correct on, "intakes actually do make more horsepower than stock when properly tuned", now read his mods and read his read his 1st post again... now tell me, where is this tune? It's a fact that people go out and buy a intake (thinking somewhat like a N/A car) without knowning that facts that intake will actually rob hp than give it. If he can't seem to find the exact problem with his intake or unless he want's to shell out the cash to get tuned, than he should go back to stock or drop in a panel filter, his car should be perfectly fine than. I suppose you can also tell him a bov is dyno proven to be the best power mod.

P.S. Evo is coming... my announcement thread awaits...
Old Feb 22, 2006, 05:55 PM
Evolving Member

actually ato-mix, he has a turbo back exhaust, and im sure he got the intake to complete whatever he wanted to do. on a side note, he can get the car tuned for 200 dollars not 5 from dynoflash if he so chooses. check ur facts and prices before u try to make a reply, dont want u to look stupid... (to late)

and just because he drives a g35 doesnt mean he ownes it nor bought it
Old Feb 22, 2006, 06:00 PM
Evolving Member

why in the flipping hell would he get a tune before buying the intake arthimetic?! good lord u make no sense. and no, i wouldnt suggest a BOV as the best power mod.

if he bought a tune without an intake, hes gonna have problems (if it was being tuned for the intake which he currently didnt have). if he doesnt hes not going to have any problems (mostly) as im currently waiting for my tune and i dont have any problems(short of some wierd idling issues once in a blue moon). u may say what you like out of mind, but im sure once he gets his stuff fixed that he will notice a power diffrence. u may claim that an intake doesnt help, well mine sure as hell did and when i get it tuned its going to help better. it may not help low end without a tune, but it sure as hell pulls better (not like it would with a tune) then stock
Old Feb 22, 2006, 06:06 PM
Evolving Member

I hate when other people trash talk about what others should or should not to when modding thier car. "YES" there is a "proper" way that you can mod "if" all you want is power gains but it dosn't mean you have to go that road.

Crap I refuse to get an new exhaust for the car because I don't want a stove pipe sticking out of the rear end of my car on an angle and I think the stock exhaust is loud enough as is.................crap, when the car idel's in the driveway my windows rattle....................does this mean I'm going to bust ***** about the guy's with exhaust's? Hell no. I give them a big and ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 22, 2006, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

i just want my thank you!!!
Old Feb 22, 2006, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

actually ato-mix, he has a turbo back exhaust, and im sure he got the intake to complete whatever he wanted to do. on a side note, he can get the car tuned for 200 dollars not 5 from dynoflash if he so chooses. check ur facts and prices before u try to make a reply, dont want u to look stupid... (to late)
you stupid newb ****...yeah he can get flashed right now for 200 and tuned right now for 300-350 but now all vendors have raised there prices for flashes and tunes...flashes 300 and tune 500...now once agan plz shut the hell up.

Last edited by AtO-MiX; Feb 22, 2006 at 07:38 PM.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

Give the man his thank you LOL.

Last edited by AtO-MiX; Feb 22, 2006 at 07:36 PM.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 07:40 PM
Evolving Member

since when the hell did dynoflash raise the mail in flash? website still lists 199.99... check ur facts... *****

http://www.dynoflash.com/indttm.htm
Old Feb 22, 2006, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

ok forget about the whole intake thing lol seriously dude their new site is not up yet...there is a forum in TT that states that prices will be raised..this is no joke dude i am serious. TT has alrdy raised their price and will put them to effect soon so will the other vendors.

check it https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=184852

Last edited by AtO-MiX; Feb 22, 2006 at 07:46 PM.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 07:50 PM
Evolving Member

alright , truce agreed upon..
Old Feb 22, 2006, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

lol agreed...now if only the rest of the world could follow our example we would all be at peace.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 08:01 PM

THANK YOU eling99 and whoever else helped in helping me find my problem, but im still having trouble finding the problem. i checked all the hoses and they all seem tightly secured on the pipes. is this normal? that after i put an intake and a turbo back exhaust my boost will drop? if so the only way to fix this is with a tune? sorry for asking noob questions
Old Feb 22, 2006, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

yup u need that tune man...i say go back to the stock airbox for now. Its up to you in the end if u can live with it for now till u get the tune then keep it on.