Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Caring for leather seat

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2006, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Caring for leather seat

What do you guy use to keep your leather seat looking new. The EVO9 have the leather on the side of the seat and I'm started to notice wrinkle on it. I can't really avoid sitting on it. The leather part of the seat is always sat on firt before you actually could get into the seat. Any advance on what to use is appreciated. Thanks.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

The wrinkles that develop are unavoidable. As far as care is concerned, I use either a decent quality leather conditioner (you can buy them at Wal Mart or any auto parts store) or Pledge. Pledge works well and makes the leather look dark and shiny (although not for long). Make sure that the Pledge you get is the one that is okay for leather, vinyl, etc.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 03:34 PM

Thanks.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
When I had my Acura I used Lexol works great they have the cleaner and the conditioner.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Connoly Leather Care products, Zaino Z-1, 4 Star Leather conditioner, and Poorboy's Natural Look have always done me well for caring for leather. DO NOT...I repeat DO NOT USE crap like armorall and pledge...they contain chemicals wich in fact help vinyl and leather fade and crack. As far as the lines you see in your seats, they are essentally unaviodable. With protection, though, it will take much longer for the leather to crack.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 04:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mitchubishi
Connoly Leather Care products, Zaino Z-1, 4 Star Leather conditioner, and Poorboy's Natural Look have always done me well for caring for leather. DO NOT...I repeat DO NOT USE crap like armorall and pledge...they contain chemicals wich in fact help vinyl and leather fade and crack. As far as the lines you see in your seats, they are essentally unaviodable. With protection, though, it will take much longer for the leather to crack.
Pledge is a problem? I was told by a window tinting guy that he prefers Pledge because Armor All causes vinyl and leather to crack.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pledge isn't any better my friend...will you take the word of a detailer or a window tinter ?