Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Sponsor for carshows

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2006, 11:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my dear, arnt we all friends here...i mean, comeon, i drive a neon and your talking to me! just let it roll off your back. the best way to get a deal is to get your name out there. get the car recogniseable and your on your way. find a shop you deal with, and keep dealing with them. slowly you will get better and better deals til you get one worth jumping on. realise that once your sponsored your at their mercy
Old Feb 24, 2006, 12:00 AM
Evolving Member

Most can be friendly but some are just plain rude. Well 2am its time to go to bed gotta be up in 4 hours.
Old Feb 24, 2006, 03:11 AM
Evolved Member

just my opinion and im not taking sides: she's a female who OWNS an Evo. she got this far, gone through a lot and she's got her car up and runnin again. personally, yeah i DONT know her but damn guys, at least be proud of what she's got instead of having to continuosly flame the issue. a FEMALE driving an EVO...c'mon now? isnt that fair enought to her reputation? seriously, how many females vs. males drive Evos? not much females versus the majority of males owning one.........just leave her alone if you have NOTHING to say about the topic. if you have something to say ABOUT the TOPIC, then good, give her advice. if not, move along and stop flaming the issue.
Old Feb 24, 2006, 04:20 AM
Evolved Member

After reading this thread I and a bunch of other threads where Warrtalon decides to heave his 50 pound e-sack in the way of others possibly giving positive feedback, I have come to conclude that Warrtalon does really not sincerely care about furthering the Evo community, but rather, makes a feeble attempt to make everyone think exactly like him. Sadly, I have also noticed an increasing amount of nutslingers who absolutely love this guy and feel the need to back up any of his comments, no matter how rude they are.

Thankfully, I have also come to find certain people who feel that Warrtalon is in fact just an ******* with a wacky agenda, such as stevEVO8. I will definitely agree that Buschur should really reconsider doing business with someone who, as a hobby, tells people they need to get their heads checked for getting mods that might add 2 or 3 pounds of weight to their cars. Warrtalon you have gone from bashing rice, (an acceptable practice) to bashing just about anyone who doesn't take the same route/philosophy related to modding their cars as you do. Just what kind of result are you trying to achieve?

And what the hell are you all doing loving this guy off so badly? I just don't get it. Warrtalon, if you really are the genius you attempt to come off as, why don't you just join up with Mitsubishi and help them engineer the perfect Evo. I mean, after all, you've never made a mistake in your life.
Old Feb 24, 2006, 05:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I didn't read anything after the first page or so because it turned into a total **** flinging contest.

I think in order to get sponsorship you have to have a unique idea that will sell parts for the vendor that you want to sponsor you. You need to be able to show how you're going to get their name out there, and how you're going to be different.

You don't always have to be the best, or the fastest, or anything like that. I'm none of those and I'm still sponsored.

Write up sponsorship proposals like a resume, put down what you've done, what you're doing and what you plan to do. Tell the sponsor how you can move their parts, and tell them which and how many events you plan to attend.

All of that and a LOT of luck, and you might get what you need.
Old Feb 24, 2006, 05:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
here you go..

http://www.toyo.com/motorsports/sponsorship.html

Originally Posted by Crzbiasmr
i was going to have a sponsorship with toyo but the person setting it up was a shop that i will never go back to they screwed up my car real bad. So i dont know what happened with that anymore.

im looking for like discount parts or stuff like that maybe free stuff later on down the line from what ive heard from some people. Just whatever some companys willing to work out Ive spent too much on the car and i just want it to get seen now maybe magazine or something.
Old Feb 24, 2006, 05:24 AM
Evolving Member

most of you people here are *******s and i'm not talking to those bashing the chick who's daddy paid for everything i'm talking to those bashing warrtalon. Damn i wish my daddy pay for my evo or others cars. And i'm sorry its an evo not a honda no need to add parts to just add weight, its a performance car. Now if adding the items reduces weight then go for it!! <-- o yea by the way i work 3 jobs (walmart during the week, waitress on the weekend, and another job at night for more money and fun lol) but i pay for all my cars, insurances, and college myself and yes i'm still in college so i have little time.

Last edited by LancerChicka84; Feb 24, 2006 at 05:26 AM.
Old Feb 24, 2006, 05:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LancerChicka84
most of you people here are *******s and i'm not talking to those bashing the chick who's daddy paid for everything i'm talking to those bashing warrtalon. Damn i wish my daddy pay for my evo or others cars. And i'm sorry its an evo not a honda no need to add parts to just add weight, its a performance car. Now if adding the items reduces weight then go for it!!
So basically you're another person who believes bashing a person for being better off than you are is worthy cause? A girl makes a few decisions, be them quite small (e.g. cf hood that others might find ugly, or a TINY bit heavier) that might not seem ideal, but are still far from what most would consider ricey. These are worthy enough reasons to tell the girl she's worthless and a disgrace to evo owners?

Yet to bash Warrtalon is against the rules because he is what appears to be your messiah. Gotcha. Thank you for resorting to childish name calling that you do not back up with any logical reason, which in the end just makes you look stupid...

Last edited by Eggy; Feb 24, 2006 at 05:32 AM.
Old Feb 24, 2006, 06:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Eggy
After reading this thread I and a bunch of other threads where Warrtalon decides to heave his 50 pound e-sack in the way of others possibly giving positive feedback, I have come to conclude that Warrtalon does really not sincerely care about furthering the Evo community, but rather, makes a feeble attempt to make everyone think exactly like him. Sadly, I have also noticed an increasing amount of nutslingers who absolutely love this guy and feel the need to back up any of his comments, no matter how rude they are.

Thankfully, I have also come to find certain people who feel that Warrtalon is in fact just an ******* with a wacky agenda, such as stevEVO8. I will definitely agree that Buschur should really reconsider doing business with someone who, as a hobby, tells people they need to get their heads checked for getting mods that might add 2 or 3 pounds of weight to their cars. Warrtalon you have gone from bashing rice, (an acceptable practice) to bashing just about anyone who doesn't take the same route/philosophy related to modding their cars as you do. Just what kind of result are you trying to achieve?

And what the hell are you all doing loving this guy off so badly? I just don't get it. Warrtalon, if you really are the genius you attempt to come off as, why don't you just join up with Mitsubishi and help them engineer the perfect Evo. I mean, after all, you've never made a mistake in your life.
That's cute, Eggy.

Now, go back and read that this is a 17yo girl who was given a new MR and who then was given 27-28k to waste on a bunch of junk that makes her car look ugly, and now she's asking for sponsorships in public on Evo General.

Now, get off your soapbox, get a clue, and call me in the morning. There are many people who don't follow my same path who I respect and admire. What this little girl did with her parents money, though, was absolutely atrocious.
Old Feb 24, 2006, 06:23 AM
Account Disabled

No offense but this forum is comprised mostly of guys who love to get under their cars and wrench it do death, not to mention drive it like it is supposed to be driven. Also, they work very hard for what they have. So when you post on here about how 17 you are and your car that your parents bought you which they also modded for you, not to mention have it for show, expect to catch a little heat. Sorry, thats the bitter truth. But hey, if you want to get sponsored good luck. It takes more than a pretty car and loads of cash. Im gonna go have a
Old Feb 24, 2006, 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
im not gonna lie...that car is probably the most random thing ive ever seen...theres seems to be no rhyme or reason for her mods....

the best i think is her website where she says "hks cams"...."purple my favorite"

1.) they are cam GEARS

2.) this proves how dumb 17 yr olds with daddys money can be
Old Feb 24, 2006, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

leave the girl alone...

Allie, for what its worth, I dont think your car is a 'shame of the EVO nation'

If you seriously want to get sponsorship you have to realize that it takes alot of work and usually takes a long time to build up your contacts etc.

There is an excellent thread about sponsorships and how to get sponsored on supraforums.com. That forum is down right now so I cant link you directly to the thread but look in the General Forum and do a search for sponsorship. Thread was started by Craig Leiberman, who has extensive knowledge about sponsorship and is very open about sharing info.

n
Old Feb 24, 2006, 07:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Crzbiasmr
Most can be friendly but some are just plain rude. Well 2am its time to go to bed gotta be up in 4 hours.
Because it's Friday and you have High School to get to!!! It makes me ill that some rich parents take care of their children this way. "Here honey have 3 cars in a little over a year and by the way I will pay for any mods you would like." No 17 yr old should be behind the wheel of an evo on a regular basis, especially not one with close to 30k in it. Of course your car looks good to all those around you.... They are still in HS hoping they don't have any new pus on their face.
Old Feb 24, 2006, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

ok, this stupid thread is done.....

i really don't understand why every thread have to end up like this. she asked a simple freaking question: if you have an answer or relevent advice, than reply. if you don't have anything important or relevent to say, i recommand you shut up and look some place else.