Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I think i may have gotten myself in trouble

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2006, 12:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tristar Racing
I see your goign to make this a "mine is bigger than yours" arguement, which is quite sad. I have had the pleasure of driving a Porsche before, and it is an excellent drive. For you not to say the same about the C6 Corvette is both unfair and incorrect. While you are correct that both leaf springs and pushrod engines were developed without aid of computers, you are downright foolish to make those comparisons to the units in the C5/C6 Corvette. The leaf system in the newer Corvettes is a single leaf composite design that demonstrates technologial advancements in both mechanical and material design. Also, you are a complete fool to think the LS2 engine was not designed comletely on a computer package. Its just as easy to say the ITC engine in general was developed before computers. Does that make the V-10 in the Carrera GT less impressive? No, it doesnt. Your stubborness regarding General Motors finest product is a bit puzzling.
Thank you. I swear people watch Top Gear and become experts overnight or something. In addition to being "low-tech", pushrod engines are generally lighter and more compact than OHC engines. Ever compare a 4.6L Ford V8 to a 5.7L LS1/6? I know which one I would rather have in the front of my car.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 12:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Tsurara
You still haven't answered my question.
what about when accelearting out of a turn? wouldn't 2x the tq to 1/2 the wheels instantly, as supposed to some turbo lag, be detrimental. ur right though, tires are more important. and i'm not being smart, it is a real question.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

FWIW, if we were talking about the c6 z06, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. That car is SICK to the highest degree!
Old Feb 28, 2006, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

haha if the c6 z06 is brought into this discussion then yes it would be over really fast but to the OP, good luck with ur race. it's cool to know ur friend with a c6 has respect for ur Evo
Old Feb 28, 2006, 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

Stab him.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 01:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kwman
Stab him.
I'm not going to stab him . I'm starting to feel a little better bout this. I thought he might get me hands down but now i see that the evo has a little more potential than i originally thought
Old Feb 28, 2006, 02:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mikey52
Thank you. I swear people watch Top Gear and become experts overnight or something. In addition to being "low-tech", pushrod engines are generally lighter and more compact than OHC engines. Ever compare a 4.6L Ford V8 to a 5.7L LS1/6? I know which one I would rather have in the front of my car.
hahaha... are you calling yourself an expert now?
Old Feb 28, 2006, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KevinD
Mikey52 was talking about me He knows I watch Top Gear and I'm always trying to tell him what to do... pip pip cheerio!
Old Feb 28, 2006, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tsurara
No you won't. Corvettes eat Evos alive on the track.
No offense, but we are trying to compare a 50,000 car to a 30,000. I have 8k invested into my car, and would stomp on any vette around my area.

God created lag to give the v-8 punks a chance.

Vettes are quick and pull very hard after 70. but its that first 1320 that kills them.

at least we have 4 doors, a trunk and a baby seat harness !!
Old Feb 28, 2006, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tristar Racing
Why does everyone want to beat up on their friends? Ya know what, you might outrun him in the 1/4, but remember these two things. First, the Evo is not meant to be a drag car. Second, at the end of the day you drive home in a high performance EconoBox and he drives home in a Vette.
No Offense that was a stupid comment!! No offense why don't you tell AMS, AL, HKS, that the evo does not make a good drag car.

AMS has the fastest EVO in the country.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here is my input and you can take it for what it's worth. These are quotes from Evil EVO and member here with not a C6, but a C5 Z06 (slightly quicker) read the posts:
__________________________________________________ _______________
Lol, ok...Even with all the mods in my sig our Z06 pulls on it hard from a roll, Our Z06 has an exhaust and open air box (zip tie mod, for the Vette guys) and that's it. My Evo can hang for a bit, but if its from lets say a 3rd gear roll, its over pretty quick. Ive had my Evo up to 165 and pulling (8K redline) but I let off. You cant compare the 2 cars, the Vette will get to 170 + quicker than the Evo will. Ive raced our Z06 plenty of times after 120 or so for me in the Evo and the Vette is just pulling away, yeah I might hit 170, but the Vette would already have been there way before me and not to mention have buslenghts on me

Also I'll add this, the Evo does "feel" faster than our Z06, but once your next to eachother racing, its pretty obvious that it just "feels" faster I'll have the Evo floored and the Z06 just blows by like im standing still. I have raced my wife before from a slow roll, she spun (she started in 1st) and I managed to hold her off to 120, but after that she put 5-6 cars on me pretty quick, 4th gear in the Z06 goes up to like 143 Anyways just my .02 cents since I own both.

Lol, fusionchicken...I know what you mean about S2Ki. Even when we had our S2K and raced the Evo several times they couldnt believe that a stock Evo could hang with it (when my Evo was stock)
Tein S-Tech's, 5Zigen Typhoons 17x8 W/245's, WORKS CK2 Clutch, WORKS P2R, WORKS Chromoly Flywheel, WORKS 269 Cams, WORKS Tranny Rebuild, WORKS Ti Valvesprings/Retainers, WORKS Short Shifter, Invidia DP, Invidia Catback, UR Test Pipe, Defi Boost gauge, LancerShop Bushings, Alarm w/Remote Start and paging..
__________________________________________________ _______________

Since this is a C6 discussion a quick search on Corvetteforum.com or Ls1tech.com shows many times in the 12.3-12.5@113-115mph range bone stock. As long as he stays BONE STOCK it should be you're race to lose from a dig and a drivers race from a roll. If he says the word CAM you lose cammed, cai, exhuast C6's are trapping 120mph+.

Last edited by Jasil; Feb 28, 2006 at 03:06 PM.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 03:57 PM
Evolving Member

Damn, i just replied earlier saying that i was starting to feel better bout this, then you go and post this ^^^. I will let you all know what happens, i also might have it on vid. actually, i'm sure i'll have it on vid. heeheh
Old Feb 28, 2006, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

He'll work you.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 04:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by KevinD
I didnt think I called myself anything. Your comment was just typical of people that have absolutely no idea what they are talking about with regards to the Corvette. People enjoy blindly bashing the leaf springs and 'old tech' pushrod engine when they cant think of any real gripes. It's too bad that the 'interior is trash' comment cant be used by Evo owners.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh god not another z06 vs evo flame war. We have way too many of these already.