Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

-PICS- Damaged my EVO, I got all 4 wheels off the ground

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2006, 12:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let's see, you have to return to the scene of the crime to pick up you parts. There is no chance of damaging your front lip again seeing as how you don't have one right now(I might put an underpanel back on first)............can't imagine you couldn't recreate this one Quiet on the set.....Action.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 12:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is no "road". So yeah, 40 was obviously too fast. Oh well, hindsight . . .. Had to learn the hard way myself; lol. Glad there was no serious damage. I want to see the hood!
Old Feb 28, 2006, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

Old Feb 28, 2006, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

glad to hear that you didn't get wreck or something.

get your hood done and post some pics! lol
Old Feb 28, 2006, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

LOL wth! hahah nice!

lol lookin at your front w/o the lip and looking at mine....our cars do look like lancers...just with holes all over the place. =P
Old Mar 2, 2006, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVO8 WHOA
i went over one at 110 once and was in mid air for at least 3 seconds.. crazy stuff... another time it happened on the way to columbus on rt62, people said "3ft" up and came down and dust just blew out from the bottom of the car... i had no damage....
Soooo......let me get this straight.

110mph = roughly 166 feet per second x 3 seconds = bullsh!t

Pretty sure you weren't in the air for 498 feet.

Good story though.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:06 PM
Evolved Member

that sux man and sux even more that u didnt get any pix out of it but the car is one nice *** ix!!
Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:48 PM
Account Disabled

haha, dont screw up and mess up you're car. Reminds me of the pic in Car and Driver when they did the STi vs EVO IX. They had a pic with both cars in the air...it was sweeet .
Old Mar 2, 2006, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by carbon8ted
Let's see, you have to return to the scene of the crime to pick up you parts. There is no chance of damaging your front lip again seeing as how you don't have one right now(I might put an underpanel back on first)............can't imagine you couldn't recreate this one Quiet on the set.....Action.
I was thinking the same thing! Get that thing airborne again before putting the front lip and under panel back on!

btw.... if you cannot rivot it back on... you always have the JB-Weld and clamp option... (ghetto... but it works)
Old Mar 2, 2006, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gatorade
haha, dont screw up and mess up you're car. Reminds me of the pic in Car and Driver when they did the STi vs EVO IX. They had a pic with both cars in the air...it was sweeet .
You just prompted me to go through my old copies of Car and Driver but unfortunately the only issue i see with an Evo IX vs STi comparison is the "Rematch". No jumping cars in the article.

Old Mar 2, 2006, 08:07 PM

The old RRE parking lot airtime pics are still the best

I like the one with Robert doing the same jump, but looking at the camera and giving the thumbs up
Old Mar 2, 2006, 08:12 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Andrew LB
You just prompted me to go through my old copies of Car and Driver but unfortunately the only issue i see with an Evo IX vs STi comparison is the "Rematch". No jumping cars in the article.

Lol, wtf? I was in the library one day looking at car and driver and one of the pics had both of them flying in the air right next to each other...idk let me go find it maybe tommorow...

Edit: I remember it was a showdown between a bunch of cars...dunno
Old Mar 2, 2006, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

You're right. I was just reading that article and they mention an original comparion in 2003 of the two vehicles. the jumping cars must have been in the original article, not the "rematch".
Old Mar 2, 2006, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

According to the people watching when it happened, it was the most amazing thing they have ever seen.
+1

This was so funny you had me laughing with this right here. I would be like one of those guys on king of the hill with my beer in my hand and as you went airborn I would have been like "hey guys I guess the evos can fly now." And my friends are like "yep! those cars so aerodynamic they can really get off the ground no problem." bwahahahahaha

Ok all joking aside. I hope everything comes out great and you get everyhting back to normal. I bet the guys at the paint shop put that ditch there on purpose!
Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:11 PM
Evolving Member

crazy, but somehow it doesnt seem realistic