Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My IX is just giving me ISSUES!!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2006, 07:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have not heard the clunk yet. Of course, I'm still breaking it in (400 miles). My temp gauge on the cheesy intrument cluster "look like paste ons" isn't working. Didn't even notice it till I got home from picking it up. I have not had time to take back to the dealership to get fixed. And, what is the deal with the squeaky brakes? I never had them on the VIII. I guess these are all minor problems and stays that way.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 07:06 PM

I dont know about the rest of you, but my buddies JDM 7 made a clunk everytime he got into it, of course he was shifting around 7500-8000 rpm.....
Old Mar 1, 2006, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

stealership should cover that!!
Old Mar 1, 2006, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by EVOIXMR8916
man this makes me rethink wanting to buy a evo really bad first the ix and now the mr 2 btw hows the mr's ride compared to a regualr ix in the city/urban streets??
I'm not sure about the IX, but I had the VIII and I think they have the same KYB suspension. I liked the stiffness of the VIII but not the See-Saw affect. Whereas the IX MR with the bilsteins is softer and easier on the bottom side on longer drives but I find that it feels like the car is floating on spirited driving specially on hilly courses. Anybody else have this feel?
Old Mar 1, 2006, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 05WhiteEVO8
You should be at 1.5 bar not 1.2
not on a stock IX he shouldnt be. my peak is 1.43 bar and that was on a cold night. i consistently peak in the high 1.3's and low 1.4's
Old Mar 1, 2006, 07:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kr1s
THE BRAKES! For the love of all that is HOLY...Why do the brakes squeak so damned bad?!
Mine squeal as well. My 03 never had this problem. I guess there's not much a dealer can do about it though.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 07:26 PM
Evolving Member

Sell your 9 to me for cheap and buy a srt-6 or another neon
Old Mar 1, 2006, 07:26 PM
Evolving Member

i get the 1-2 notch occasionally and the 2-3 more often. someone suggested that within time and miles the notchiness wears off. I would imagine its due to the stronger transmisson of the IX's, or so ive read. My buddies STi is just as notchy.

My brakes only cry when i really really step on it, and I have heard other complaints about it, so I dont mind so bad.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

I get the 2-3 shift clunk but it sounds like its coming from the shifter base, like there is some resistance. It doesn't feel like a grind where you feel the whole shifter vibrate and make the grind sound so I'm not sure what's causing it.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 07:42 PM
Evolving Member

WOW! Look at all of the replies in just a short amount of time. The maintanance has been good to go.

1500 miles, oil change
2800 miles, oil change

Haven't gotten to the rest yet.

I love the car. It is a great performer and it holds my 245lb *** in snug with those Recaro's. The brakes are BLAH...I can I suppose deal with it. The clunk....Only when I powershift and it comes from the rear. The whine from the belts seem a little silly. You would think that the dealership WOULD KNOW how to adjust the timing belt as I think that they had to do it to change the oil pump seal. I mean, of all people they SHOULD have the proper tool.

I dunno, I am sure that will get fixed when I stuff a nice fat exhaust cam in there. Now don't get me wrong...I am not a whiner who mods and then whines. I can deal with going all out and accepting the consequences. But when a car has 3K miles on it and the only thing is an exhaust, intake, and MBC set to 20psi, I tend to get irritated easily with the car.

Thanks again everyone.

kris
Old Mar 1, 2006, 07:55 PM

Hey guys listen, I have a IX SSL and it's so notchy coming from 2-3. I had a 2006 STi before this and man I expected much nicer shifitng then what I wound up with. But i still wouldnt trade it for anything in the world. But i hate going from 2-3 i mean its very notchy. MY IX has 2300 miles on it. I broke it in smoothly. But so damn notchy.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 08:10 PM
Evolving Member

I've got damn near 10k on my IX. (I drive it like I stole it)

I drive the shat out of it on a daily basis. Change all the oils regularly.

Not one problem so far. Already on a diff set of tires, that's it.

Getting tuned in 1 week from AL. (I can't wait!!)

cheers good luck with all the other IX's
Old Mar 1, 2006, 10:38 PM
Evolving Member

my gears are notchy as well, this seems like a common thing for all new IX owners, i'm hoping for the gears to be more smoother as my tranny breaks in more or as i put more miles on it...well I hope you get everything taken care of...over all I still love my IX.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 12:06 AM

I have a very mild clunk sometimes between shifts, but that is a cakewalk as I'm currently trying to figure out why the car is 20hp and a fist full of torque low on a stock IX.

still love the car even hurting, although I forsee it living at the dealer soon for an extended stretch.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 12:14 AM
Evolving Member

0 problems with mine! I have 3k on it, I LOVE THIS CAR I totaly forgot about my evo 8