Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My IX is just giving me ISSUES!!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2006, 12:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how your IX get sponsered??
Old Mar 2, 2006, 12:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I have had no problems with mine and I have 7,500 mi. I have got the break squeak like 2-3 times but only when its salty out in parking lots. Got an oil change at 3,500.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 12:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kr1s
Well, saw a couple of threads asking for grinding problems and whatnot. Figured this could be an all inclusive not just for the trannies. Nonetheless, I have a IX MR with 3400 miles on it.

-Just got out of the dealer for a BAD OIL PUMP SEAL!!!
-The 1-2 shift clunk is RIDICULOUS!
-I have this mysterious almost inaudible noise...vacuum leak sound since I picked it up from the dealer for the oil seal
-THE BRAKES! For the love of all that is HOLY...Why do the brakes squeak so damned bad?!
-ROCK CHIP ON THE HOOD! Not that that is the IX's fault!
-E-brake handle flew off...NO...I wasn't trying to drift. Came off 5 days after having the car.

I know....nitpicking things but coming from a SRT-4 and the cheaply made car that it was, I was stoked about the refinement the Evo had. Maybe the honeymoon period is over. I am just meticulous about my car and I have my little quirks with it.

Anyone else?

Kris
thats an evo for you ...
Old Mar 2, 2006, 01:28 AM

I have 4300 miles on mine, and I love everything about this car. Not a single complaint.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 09:02 AM
Evolving Member

i kind of had the 1-2 issue but ever since i started cold starting her really good and shifting from 1st to 2nd before i take off sometimes even to 3rd, shes felt as smooth as butter! anybody else tried this??
Old Mar 2, 2006, 09:06 AM
Evolving Member

not every car that rolls off the line is going to be perfect and sometimes you just have the bad luck of getting a real F'd up one, sorry to hear that, but the dealership should fix everything you have wrong, except the rock chip of course.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

i notice a bit of a clunk on the 1-2 shift on my MR...
Old Mar 2, 2006, 09:12 AM
Evolving Member

No clunks on mine.....7500 miles. I do, however, have this nasty shudder at partial clutch in first when the car is cold. If I let out the clutch just right when its slipping, pulling me forward, the whole car shudders like hell and feels like its having a seizure......

After it warms up, it is good to go. I think I might have a warped flywheel. Any suggestions?
Old Mar 2, 2006, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

I haven't had any issues, I think people are nitpicking a little too much. The noises, well people have talked about noises with EVO for a long time it's nothing new, and something you should have expected when you bought the car. But seriously 1600 miles now, and no issues here, maybe if I nit picked I could find issues. Car runs fine and strong, that's all I ask from her.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Clunk = dont know how to drive awd and your dropping the clutch to fast in each gear =P ..

*sigh* ..
Old Mar 2, 2006, 09:29 AM

true that. Don't drop the clutch so fast. This is not a one leg monster. My nine shifts smooth. Maybe invest in an engine dampener. I really think it made my shifting smoother, especially in transition from first to second. Also, make the dealer payup and warentee that shat. I owned a G35 coupe before I got my evo. When you pay 30K for a car, I better run like butter. Mitsu boasts this is their top dog, it better add up to it. Take that shat back and raise hell.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

When my brakes were new on my 03 they would squeal really bad, especially in parking lots with light brake application. Now that they have some miles on them, no more noise. I think you just need to wait it out.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 09:40 AM
Account Disabled

I have the 2nd gear notchyness once awhile.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PA-silver03evo
When my brakes were new on my 03 they would squeal really bad, especially in parking lots with light brake application. Now that they have some miles on them, no more noise. I think you just need to wait it out.
Yeah my brakes on IX do that, I called the dealer and he told me it would eventually go away, it is going away, I guess he was right this time.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GinuwineEvo8
Clunk = dont know how to drive awd and your dropping the clutch to fast in each gear =P ..

*sigh* ..
I never thought about that, yeah my IX shifts very smoothly, not as smoothly as my previous Audi, but better than a lot of other manual cars I've driven and owned. I think people don't know to shift properly, only time I hear a clunk is when I drive the car hard and drop the clutch and shift aggressively into each gear. When I was test driving my IX, the dealer told me, that a lot of other IX test drivers, where making all kind of noises when they shifted.

By the way the Audi had the same clunk noise when I dropped the clutch, it's not uncommon.

Last edited by 3000ways; Mar 2, 2006 at 09:52 AM.