Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

What's next?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2006, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mrmefodman
Sorry to put you in check and knock you off your high horse. "The worst thing I've seen is poeple coming here with 400whp and no brake upgrades. If you upgrade the way a car accelerates you should upgrade the way it decelerates." said some wise old man that works at a race track. Thats the comon sence part.
You didn't knock me off any horses, sorry. There is no reason to upgrade the brakes at this power level, especially not BEFORE cams. You underestimate the amazing quality of our brakes. When you've managed to overrun your stock brakes after a full 2 days of road racing with around 330whp, let me know, because I haven't done it yet. This guy is just driving around town, so it's even less necessary.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cams I think is a nice option, but also what about IC pipes? If you have an 03-05 VIII than I would think at least a LICP would be a good option to free up some power. BUt that is just my opinion.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by housedj
try getting rid of that short ram (losing about 20whp), run some race gas, turn the boost up, slap in a twin plate clutch & front lsd (to apply the power u have), upgrade your brakes (no-brainer), cams with the highest lift possible (build the head to support it) & see how your car runs. if that's enuff, drop in a 2.4L, big turbo, & a motec ecu...
+1
Old Mar 2, 2006, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
You've really gone off the deep-end, man. What is wrong with you? The answer is cams. The rest of that stuff is just ridiculous. Why in the world would upgrading brakes be a no-brainer? Must be on Miami crack or something...
since the guy didn't indicate how much power he wanted to gain or what he intends to accomplish with his car, i gave him the most extreme option...