Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Question about front air dam

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2003, 06:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about front air dam

Has anybody actually seen one of these? My dealer has a red Evo in the showroom and they say it has the front air dam installed but I can't see where. Since it's the only Evo I've seen in person I could just be missing it, but I thought they were black things near the corners of the regular air dam.

Can ya'll give me a description or a pic.

Thanks
Old Apr 2, 2003, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Check out the yellow one

there's the fog light spots, the intercooler section, that little divided strip between the hood, and the pontiac lookin mistubishi part.

They probably don't know what they're talking about. I would trust these forums more than a mitsubishi dealership when it comes to the Evo, since they've been so rare in US and are what 6 weeks old?
Old Apr 2, 2003, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

I've seen them on a white Evo at my local dealer. They are some kind of black plastic fins mounted on the side the lower front bumper. I think they look ugly
Old Apr 2, 2003, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

is it the liscence plate for the front? My dealership had the CO plate on the lower left side, like the E7
Old Apr 2, 2003, 10:23 PM

Yeah, I thought they would be black plastic too. I don't really thing the dealer had them on the car but I could be wrong. Not planning on getting them anyway, I can get something later if I decide I need it.
Old Apr 2, 2003, 10:27 PM
Evolved Member

It's not the license plate holder that he is referring to I can assure you of that but I just can't find the picture someone posted a while back that gives you a good idea, if not an exact idea, of what these things are. I'll keep looking.
Old Apr 2, 2003, 11:55 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
go here http://www.lancerevoclub.com/evoviii-e.php it was in a previous post, and look at the bottom of the page where it says "Accesory depliant" and look at the second picture, in that one there is the front of the evo with an air dam on it, i purchased a pair of the air dams but don't want to put them on myself, would rather the dealership be responsible if the paint gets messed up or something, i'm starting to wonder if i even want to install them since it requires tapping 3 holes into the front bumper on each side.
Old Apr 3, 2003, 12:24 AM
Evolving Member

Is it the pic that says "canard spoiler"? If the dealership is offering that, I'll be getting it.
The CF ralliart mirrors are pretty cool too.
Old Apr 3, 2003, 01:12 AM
Evolved Member

Hm, I was looking through that JDM accessory brochure...

I WANT THOSE ACCESSORIES!

They get so much more/better selection too... Those dash trims look nice (though I guess it wouldn't fit in our car till there's a conversion dash kit... which someone will hopefully make!), and so do the power window accents. The accessory shift knob looks a billion times better than ours, and even the stock one just looks better with that metal accent piece under the leather shift knob. Their sport pedals also include a plate for the left foot resting area too. Daggonit. We got the short end even on the accessories!

I haven't had any accessories installed yet, maybe I should just wait out and import the JDM ones instead? The only thing thing I would find worth paying for now are the door sill scuff plates.. you can't really go wrong with those, and the brake cooling guides.

I guess that one guy finally posted a picture of the instrument cluster surround, but I wasn't very impressed. It looks kinda cheap, IMO. Anybody else think so?
Old Apr 3, 2003, 01:47 AM
Evolved Member

Actually, I just realized... more than half of those trim things I was drooling at won't even fit in our car. Damn those RHD cars, hahah... *sigh*

Well, I suppose I can always import the sport pedals and maybe the metal accent piece for the shift knob, if it fits... I'll have to wait to get in touch with japanparts.com or someone and see if something like that is interchangeable.
Old Apr 3, 2003, 09:24 AM

Thanks for the info, those airdams are definately not on the red Evo at the dealership.

I like those shift knobs too. To bad the gear pattern is wrong for US.
Old Apr 3, 2003, 10:14 AM
Evolving Member

Here's a good pic of the front air dam. http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/i...r_id=125976642
Old Apr 3, 2003, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Link doesn't work....

I get a window with a Close gif in it.

The pic of the canard spoiler at www.lancerevoclub.net is it though.
Old Apr 3, 2003, 05:30 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
man i have a set of the usdm pedals from my dealer, they didn't come with the dead pedal cover like the jdm ones, could swap i guess but the jdm dead pedal cover contours to the notch taken out of the pedal at the lower left hand corner of it due to the floor panel design interfering with it, I'm sure it would fit but I wonder if it would look funny, just sucks that according to japanparts.com you can get the full set with the dead pedal cover for less than our msrp of the clutch, brake and gas pedals crappy
Old Apr 3, 2003, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

The upside might be that the LHD spec cars that Spain, Germany, etc. get might have accessories that will fit our cars just perfect. I'm hoping Claudius or Maxi will clue us in on some place to get said items.