Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO owners define rice, Seems diff here

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2006, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Swift_OwL
RICE = Cars that have this load exhaust and are going no where. THat gets me mad.

RICE = WHen you put money into a car, and you put no performance parts except a load *** exhaust and a intake, and it goes no where, But you put 5k into a 9k car and its all show mods and you enter no show contest.

RICE = ALl these kids that try to race ion their civic like they are going to prove anything.

RICE = One of my friends that brakes with the hand brake cuz he said its a better brake system for his civic. HAHHA

RICE = Equal cars that blow the f*** out their blow off valve to get attention.

RICE = SOmeone that thinks 16s 1/4 is good.

RICE = To some it up RICE, is (Ricers, Intake Cat-back Exhaust), CuZ if thats all you got on your car and are not going to do anything else to it you are RICE

RICE = Cars that have this load exhaust and are going no where. THat gets me mad.
Like big 4x4 Chevy trucks with fat tires?

RICE = WHen you put money into a car, and you put no performance parts except a load *** exhaust and a intake, and it goes no where, But you put 5k into a 9k car and its all show mods and you enter no show contest.
Like a '63 Impala with a $20,000.00 paint job?

RICE = ALl these kids that try to race ion their civic like they are going to prove anything.
Racing anything against anything is normal, best left to the track though.

RICE = One of my friends that brakes with the hand brake cuz he said its a better brake system for his civic. HAHHA
That's not rice, that's just stupid!

RICE = Equal cars that blow the f*** out their blow off valve to get attention.
This is along the same lines as tatoos, piercings, hair and clothing style.

RICE = SOmeone that thinks 16s 1/4 is good.
Like all the mid '70's Corvettes?

RICE = To some it up RICE, is (Ricers, Intake Cat-back Exhaust), CuZ if thats all you got on your car and are not going to do anything else to it you are RICE
An EVO with an intake and cat-back will eat Mustangs and Camaros, right?

The term rice came from the Harley guys giving crap to the import motorcycle riders in the '60s, but that was another group of real brain-trust.
RICE is just another hater term like so many others, just get over yourselves.
If dumping a bunch of money into any car makes you happy, do it.
My daddy told me when I was very young, "You can put $5,000.00 worth of crap on a wheel-barrel, but when you're done, you still have a wheel-barrel."

Last edited by BMan; Mar 5, 2006 at 07:32 AM.
Old Mar 5, 2006, 07:42 AM

"Rice" is in the eye of the beholder........
Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Swift_OwL
You assume to much, my car is completely stock, I dont waste money on cars that wont go anywhere if i add parts to them.
You need to lay back on judgeing, before you know the facts, im just saying.
So you wasted money on car that when stock won't go anywhere? Also my judging wasnt based on your mods, it was based on your thoughtless logic. There is guy on newcelica.org name is "00silverGTS6spd", I know him personnel. He has a 2000 GT-S w/ Intake, Unbolted Exhaust and PFC and some weight reduction... he ran a 13.7 @101 at fontana speedway, but buy your logic... he is a ricer,
Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

This site is internet rice
Old Mar 5, 2006, 05:45 PM
sxi

When was the word rice originated? I dont judge other people's car. because you might be laughed at while you are laughing at someone's ride. this just goes in circles.

everybody wants to make their car look nicer. it's about how it's done. different people just have different tastes. and.. some people just never have the sense of style. that's all
Old Mar 5, 2006, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sxi
When was the word rice originated? I dont judge other people's car. because you might be laughed at while you are laughing at someone's ride. this just goes in circles.

everybody wants to make their car look nicer. it's about how it's done. different people just have different tastes. and.. some people just never have the sense of style. that's all
I know what you mean by whatever floats your boat, but if it is kept simple I doubt you would get laughed at. Like a nice set of rims, good set of coilovers, clean drop to cover gap..diff tails other than evo 8 altezza lookin ones etc
Old Mar 5, 2006, 07:10 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by SterlingEvo
This site is internet rice

Soy sauce?
Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:05 PM
Evolving Member

[QUOTE=haze1995][size=3][b]OK, TO ME RICE MEANS "MADE IN JAPAN"

I totally agree with that. I used to be a die hard hot rodder that laughed at anything made in Japan. I had some pretty wicked old American iron. Some of my cars included a 73 RS Camaro with a 700+hp Pontiac 455 (I wanted to be different, so I put a Pontiac engine in a Camaro) which ran mid - high 10's, a 77 Camaro with a 470 horse 350 small block, and a 72 Chevelle with a built 454 Chevy (I don't know the hp number - never was dynoed). BTW all the dyno numbers were done on an engine dyno. Anyway, "rice" was termed as any car from Japan, it did'nt matter if the car was a Supra Turbo or a Civic. I can remember hanging out at the local spots on the weekend and cracking up laughing at the import crowd as they drove through the parking lot we used to hang out at. We would point at their cars and yell at them to get their ricer, piece of Jap crap cars out of our (American muscle car) parking lot.
This whole attitude changed when I wanted to buy a new car. I was going to get a 01 Mustang GT but this guy I worked with at VP-30 in Jax persueded me to go look at a Type R. I had no idea what a Type R was but this guy was hell bent on getting me to check it out before buying the Mustang. I am so happy I took his advise. That day after work we went to Orange Park Acura and I instantly fell in love with the Integra Type R. That same day, I drove a Phenoix Yellow Type R back to the base. That was my first Jap car and I deeply regret trading it for a 04' STi which I recently traded for my new 06 EVO MR. The Type R was one hell of a fun car to drive. There's just something about being able to take a 4 banger up to 8,600 RPM at the drop of a hat. Not just that but the Type R is a drop dead sexy car. The B18C5 is also the only B series engine that does not sound like a load of diariah when getting on it. My R had the Apex N1 cat back and had a nice tone when hitting VTEC in the upper RPM's - it sounded unlike any other Honda engine. I wish I had my Type R back.
Old Mar 6, 2006, 12:46 AM
Evolving Member

my turbo kick in at 3000rpm..it's that rice???
Old Mar 6, 2006, 03:12 AM
Evolving Member

I think the APR CF wing looks better than the stock spoiler. BTW that voltex wing on that evo is probaly 2,000 to 3,000 dollars. That bodykit is close to 3,000 dollars I don't want to sit here and pick away at the pricing of all the parts but that car is not a prime example of rice and I don't mean to make my logic sound like cost in parts ='s rice or not. You may not like the styling of it but I'm starting to get sick of this term. If the car is ugly then it's ugly, the term rice is deragatory to someones taste and style which is all subjective.
Trying to define rice is like trying to define life, we have an idea of what it is but we all have different opinions on it.
Old Mar 6, 2006, 04:08 AM

Definition of "ricey"

Here is a quick nutshell to what the term "ricey" means and it pretty much sums it up overall.

When people modify their car, there are 4 categories, one of which is a combination, in which how thier cars can be identified:

1. People who modify their car for looks, aka "show cars". It's mostly for show and not so much for power/speed/handling.

2. People who modify their car for power/speed/handling, aka track cars. Most of the modifications and tuning done is mainly for the purpose of increasing the car's performance.

3. People who modify their car for a little bit of the above, a little bit of show and a little bit for performance. The modifications can either be pretty mild or very crazy with both factors of performance and looks in mind, depending on how high the person(s) budget is. This route can is usually very expensive since you're dealing with both faces of the hobby, but commonly approached by daily driven cars.

4. Then there are people that "modify" their car to make it LOOK fast, with cheapness and quick-and-easy not being a concern as long as they get the desired effect, temporary or not. Examples of these are cut springs, excessive stickers, spoilers that are just "ridiculous", hub-cap spinners, etc. "Ricers" and "ricey" falls under this category.

Last edited by EvoCorp; Mar 6, 2006 at 04:12 AM.
Old Mar 6, 2006, 04:26 AM
Evolved Member

IMO, anyone that owns a japanese car is RICE. LOL!!
Germans = sourkraut
American cars = eh I dunno about domestics yet.
Old Mar 6, 2006, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Assassin
IMO, anyone that owns a japanese car is RICE. LOL!!
Germans = sourkraut
American cars = eh I dunno about domestics yet.
domestic rice
Old Mar 7, 2006, 01:27 AM
Former Sponsor

they have burgers
Old Mar 7, 2006, 02:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by x838nwy
What's with the all caps and giant font?
the reason for it is this,,,,,,,,, it seems a lot of Evo owners put themselves on a higher plain than other drivers. for example,,,,,If the Evo came from the factory w/out a wing and someone put one on, everyone would call it "RICE". The list could go on and on but as I have stated before,,,,,, you drive a Japanese car, so in the end; we are all "RICE"!!!!!!!! Loose the term and everyone will be happy.

Last edited by haze1995; Mar 7, 2006 at 02:39 AM.

Quick Reply: EVO owners define rice, Seems diff here