Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

what with all the thread about blowing motors

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:38 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what with all the thread about blowing motors

Whats with all the posts about blowing motors, seems like it is getting to known these days. excuse my noobness, but it makes you think twice about mods. My goal for my car is 450whp, once i attain that power level its on to the suspension. But how do i get there safely, warrtalon package along with tt cams and alky. ok so maybe 400 whp if that, which flash should i choose. There are so many different vendors to pick, some have problems some don't. When your new to the modding scene like iam your taking peoples word, and you hope and pray they did not screw you.
we all want the same thing in general, a fast reliable fun to drive evo. Thats also safe to take on vacation for the daily drivers. If we are all following the same bolt-on path as most sucessful members here were is the problem. correct me if iam wrong but the basic bolt-on path is as followed. 3"turboback,boost gauge,bc, flash. That seems fine but don't you think we should add injectors, fuel pump, fuel reg to the mix before we go any farther. I hear alot of evo's get lean up top, wouldn't this eliminate that problem. most of the time viii owners get the fuel pump then the flash, but what about us ix owners?. And the famous quote comes in to play "you gotta pay to play". guys your opinion are welcomed and wanted.
Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I once thought the same thing that 400whp would be enough....how wrong I was
Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:48 AM
Evolving Member

yeah iam sure that's going to happen to me aswell
Old Mar 6, 2006, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

I suspect an issue well outside the scope of modding.
People have been blowing their engines over the last couple of months. It's not people in the south or out west that are blowing their engines, it's those of us in the northeast.

Certain people have the propensity to do weird things like hammer the throttle before the car is warm, not check oil, etc...

In other words, I blame neglect.