Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Good news for Evo owners

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2003, 01:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by evo1
Why gold wheels I wonder ... aluminum/silver looks so much better IMO! Nothing like black/chromed out with silver/alumin or chrome wheels ... gold just doesn't do it for ... easy, yet pricey swap though.
Gold wheels is a Subaru thing, I'm sure someone will be happy to trade u their silver or gunmetal STi wheels.
Old Apr 3, 2003, 01:49 PM

djdaizzy is right. it's the subaru trademark thing. check out the WRC car, 90% of the time it is fitted with the gold wheels.

disco
Old Apr 3, 2003, 01:50 PM

Originally posted by twdorris
Wait a minute. How is this good news for Evo owners? Sounds like bad news to me, having just paid full MSRP.

Thomas Dorris
yea right sounds like good news for people who havent purchased yet not owners.
Old Apr 3, 2003, 01:53 PM

Someone posted and said that subaru told them the color options are now optional. The poster is a dealer and has always posted reliable stuff in the past.

http://www.imprezawrxsti.com/postnuk...ewtopic&t=1211

It also mentions in the thread how everything will be allocated.
Old Apr 3, 2003, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by djdaizzy

Gold wheels is a Subaru thing, I'm sure someone will be happy to trade u their silver or gunmetal STi wheels.
Good cuz I may have 1 of each ... meaning an evo & STi. I paid a little over for the evo so I will have to try and steel the STi to even out. NO WAY I'll trade the evo though. No pending dealer mark-ups (supposedly) in my area either from what the local dealers have claimed. Can wait for the test drive! Man it could be time to take out a small loan ...
Old Apr 3, 2003, 06:38 PM

I certainly think that this is a good thing for bargaining, especially for those who live in an area where there are substantial markups on the EVO (mine = 10K but willing to deal, but the cars are sitting). Of course this is only true if the local Subaru dealer does not mark up also (MSRP for me ). I think the MSRP for the EVO certainly has helped the Suby crowd out with the pricing. If Subaru was to go uncheck by the competition from Mitsu, the price of the STi would probably be in the mid thirties, possibly even higher. This is definitely a good thing for those that do not yet have their EVO. This will also be a good thing in the long run. If the pricing of 30,995 is true for the STi, the difference for the STi and EVO (big wing, no sun roof) is only about 900 dollars. This may well mean that future EVOs with improvements such as the 6 speed MT, ACD/AYC, and a LSD front diff will only cost marginally more. Hopefully less than 32K, that way Subaru will not jack up the pricing of the STi. Ahhhhh the power of competition. They fight, we win. You gotta love that.
Old Apr 3, 2003, 06:47 PM
Evolving Member

I'm beginning to wonder really if the watered down EVO without AYC/ACD and 6-speed is really worth 30k. 26-27k maybe... but 30k is a lot of money to pay for a compromised car with bad ECU from the factory.
Old Apr 3, 2003, 07:20 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally posted by drmosh
I'm beginning to wonder really if the watered down EVO without AYC/ACD and 6-speed is really worth 30k. 26-27k maybe... but 30k is a lot of money to pay for a compromised car with bad ECU from the factory.

I don't mean to be a wise guy but those of us who own the EVO's have had to go to vaseline on the gums to prevent them from drying out because of the big SEG.

I haven't a clue what you mean by bad ECU. My point is that there is a small group of enthusiast who just DO IT. We buy EVO's and STI's and have a hell of a lot of fun while the rest of the world stands on the curb watching and commenting on price and practicality and value and ..........

Have fun!

Speedlimit...........
Old Apr 3, 2003, 07:21 PM

LET THE PRICE WARS BEGIN!!!! Gotta love capitalism
Old Apr 3, 2003, 07:25 PM
RaX
Evolved Member

Originally posted by STiDreams
This will also be a good thing in the long run. If the pricing of 30,995 is true for the STi, the difference for the STi and EVO (big wing, no sun roof) is only about 900 dollars.
The price of the Evo with no sunroof and big wing is $29,467 so the difference is more like $1500
Old Apr 3, 2003, 07:29 PM
Evolving Member

whats the difference from the 2002 model WRX and the new WRX now?? ( that is besides the exterior changes ) Are there any performance/suspension changes?? And what is the price for hte new WRX, not the STI?
Old Apr 3, 2003, 07:43 PM
KK
EvoM Administrator

That's a really good price if that's true. Hope that wakes up the Mitsu guys for the next model

Mark
Old Apr 4, 2003, 08:40 AM
OX
Evolving Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
I thought there were going to be a lot less STI's than even the low amount of EVO's. What is the final count on STI's coming?

OX
Old Apr 4, 2003, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by drmosh
Do you really have ANY clue what you are talking about? Or are you basing your sweeping generalization on what was said in one tuners thread? Because if you really had a clue, ie own or at least have driven an Evo once, you would know that what you are saying above is uninformed and makes you sound ignorant.

SC~
Old Apr 4, 2003, 11:18 AM

OX

I'm not 100% certain. The persintant roumor is that there will be about 300 per month. If they release it in June, that woud be about 2700 for this year. Definately lower numbers than the EVO. They also said that WRX would be restricted to 10,000 in the first year. They still shipped as many as they could sell. That was Subaru's main production line though. I don't know that STi is capable of pumping up the volume.

Dem1K,

I do not know about any upgrades in terms of suspension or power. Paul Hansen (shiromuma) said there woud be differences. But he did not say what they were. Pricing for the 04 WRX may already out but I have not seen it. Someone claiming that they saw it at a delership did post a base MSRP for the sadan at 24,495. But that's MSRP. The WRX will probably be selling at or just above invoice.

Quick Reply: Good news for Evo owners