Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo or S2k

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2006, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by purecoda
don't forget the whopping 162 ft-lbs of torque (and that's at 6800 RPM)!

it's still an amazing car. had i not moved from florida, i'd probably be rolling in an s2k - if my lanky *** body actually fit.
Yes but that 6800 rpm comes up a hell of a lot quicker in the s2k, then in the evo. But I think you should also look into the STI, they are slightly better for a daily driver, and their transmission in the STI is very well built.
Old Mar 7, 2006, 04:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by importrx7
Thank you for all of the information provided, you are all helping me make my decision!!

Its going to be an Evo that i will buy, but first i need to find someone that wants to buy a 3rd Gen. Rx-7 that has all the go mod's you could ever want !!!!

Second i won't be able to afford a IX so i'm going to buy a VIII which doesn't bother me but the problem is, is finding one that has been treated well and is in the Ohio area!!

I want a 05 but will prolly have to settle for a 03-04.

I could buy a IX but i'd have to get a lil loan which isn't the problem, the insurance is what would kill me there. Since when i do buy a Evo i won't cover the car just have liability!
Mentor Mitsubishi has my 04 Apex Silver w/ SSL NO MODS were done to the car. Oil changed every 3k miles and it's in excellent shape. 37k miles on it. Stock clutch no problems. Stock brakepads with 40% left (lots of highway miles).