Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo or S2k

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2006, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo or S2k

Soon i'll be selling my heavily modified FD for something newer and something i can drive year round here in Ohio.

I need something fast, fun to drive, but also something some-what pratical

I've came down to an Evo or S2000 i thought about a WRX also but heard of all the tranny problems people had with them and that canceled that idea out.

So which one is more suited for what i want an EVO or a S2000??
Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:00 PM
Evolving Member

can you drive a s2k year round? Isnt it rear wheel drive?
Evolving Member

Year round? Are you joking? Have you know idea of the difference between all wheel drive and rear wheel drive? Plus you're on an Evo board. Prepare to be flamed.
Evolved Member

Tranny problems with wrx? Hrmm interesting.. I always thought their trannys were "bullet proof."

You cant sit here and ask us what car you should get.. Youre on a Evom board, what do you expect us to tell you?
The s2000 is a nice car, super light, and with a really good driver can be a better car at the autox. But what are you looking for exactly? Evo would be a better bang for the buck power /mod wise. You just need to go test drive both and see. Oh and since you mentioned year round, and you live in Ohio, the evo would def be more practical.
In the end, i chose an evo, and i would still choose an evo, if that means anything.
Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:01 PM
G20
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by importrx7
something i can drive year round here in Ohio.

By some of your sentences above, EVO is the one.
Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:01 PM
Evolving Member

Soon i'll be selling my heavily modified FD for something newer and something i can drive year round here in Ohio.

I've came down to an Evo or S2000 i thought about a WRX also but heard of all the tranny problems people had with them and that canceled that idea out.

Well your on an Evo forum so your going to get a lot of people screaming EVO at you... so i would say get the EVO!!!!!!!!!!

BTW. i have heard nothing but good things about the wrx/STI tranny.
Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:02 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

My gosh, only you know that answer. Why even bother with this post, you just want us to say "buy an evo..."

Plus, this is evolutionm.net not s2ki.com... you already know what were gonna say.
Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
uhh the s2000 is hardly practical with it's trunk so small you can only fit a limb versus 2 bodies in the evo. But the S2K will keep it's value.
Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bluebanana23
uhh the s2000 is hardly practical with it's trunk so small you can only fit a limb versus 2 bodies in the evo. But the S2K will keep it's value.
Or the 350z where it shows you how to fit 3 golf bags
Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:05 PM

Damn a lot of replies quickly!!! Very Nice!!!

I knew everyone would more than likely say Evo but i was just wondering what was thought of the S2000 also!

I wasn't speaking of the STI i was talking about the reg. WRX i've heard they've had some tranny problems with them, but from what i've read so do 03-04 Evo's!!
Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah, you heard right, please rule out /take off the list the WRX, it is a ditch for money.

I almost bought a brand new S2000 back in 2002, unfortunately I was married to a lady that was bossy and she did not want a 2 door 2 seat car, I neded buying the WRX because the Evo was not on the market yet.

I can only tell you good things about the S2000 except one thing, modding the engine. I once read an article in which they tested a S2000 with a Comptech supercharger plus additional cooler(intercooler).

The car gaines a net 99whp but the 1/4 mile was as pathetic as it can get, it only improved .1sec on the 1/4 mile and 3 MPH. A real monumental waste for such minimal gains.

Also, remember, I have a test were the engine2.0 on the S2000 put 227 to the crank instead of the advertized 240hp.

Whatever the case is the S2000 is in my opinion a very desirable car. This is a good remark to remember from me, when I did my research I found out that the brand new S2000 were approximately $2000 cheaper in the north side of the USA rather than in the South.

Please keep that in mind.

Carlos
Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:07 PM
Evolved Member

Ya ok let me make this simple for you.
Go buy a Evo IX now!

Oh and carlos how did the clutch install go? Did you drop the car off?
Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by cloudy
Or the 350z where it shows you how to fit 3 golf bags

I hate the 350Z i hate it i hate it i hate it LOL

I see a million 350Z's it seems like and no Evos hardly ever.

The only fun i've ever had with a 350Z is when i dusted one with my FD and they guy tried to tell me i got lucky LOL. T-78 Baby love the boost anyways

Last Evo i saw was awhile ago and it was Jason's owner of rx7store.net White Evo
Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:11 PM
Evolving Member

my brother has the s2000, and i have the evo. i think evo is more practical for a daily driven car with lots of trunk space, and its a sedan. the s2000 on the other hand is like a weekend car, but goodness, the s2000 is just fabulous!!

it really depends on what you want, its like comparing apples or oranges. i really enjoy driving the evo, but i cant help but stare at my brothers s2000 because its so sexy when the top is down. either way, you cant go wrong with either cars.
Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:11 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i looked into a s2k...in what way is that practical? unless u dont need a trunk....

Quick Reply: Evo or S2k