Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

ECU reflash

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2006, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ECU reflash

Does any one know if there any shop in so. cal the flashes ECU. I know there's alot of shop here, but there only do dyno tune. Thanks.
Old Mar 7, 2006, 06:11 PM
Evolving Member

You're gonna get attacked by the "Seach ****'s" man so get ready for them. There are several in the area. Tuning Technologies is one, you can get in touch with Sam at SRT Motorsports, he knows some good places. There's Vishnu in NoCal, works....you're in a REALLY good state to own an Evo man.

Last edited by CICreations; Mar 7, 2006 at 06:16 PM.
Old Mar 7, 2006, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just from reading here in the forum I think Vishnu offers the Xede and Works also offers their P1. I am sure there are other companies that offers tunning on Cali as well. Also, I think TurboXS use to be in Cali but now they operate in the East coast.

But I don't understand one thing though, why does it have to be from Cali?, can you choose a different tuner?, now days there are soo many tuners that offers the same service that is hard to choose.

My tuner(Dynoflash) got my ECU flash within 42 hours and we were 300 miles apart. I am just saying..

Carlos

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; Mar 7, 2006 at 06:21 PM.
Old Mar 7, 2006, 06:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CICreations
You're gonna get attacked by the "Seach ****'s" man so get ready for them.
classic.
Old Mar 7, 2006, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I didn't know TT did reflashes. I always see their customers posting SAFC tunes...
Old Mar 7, 2006, 06:25 PM

here you go http://www.dynoflash.com/index.htm
Old Mar 7, 2006, 06:33 PM
Account Disabled

I wouldn't recommend dynoflash. I had it in my car... and... eh, I really just didn't like it that much.

Even with a custom tune, the car just didn't feel good. When I say that, it was backfiring a lot and running super rich most of the time. And when the summer rolled in, it was running richer than ever.

I couldn't contact Al about this problem, since he never returned my call or emails in numerous occation. And when i finally saw him, he said "boost leak bro," or "bad gas".

funny thing is I think he told several friends of mine that same thing.

I've took the dynoflash out and changed to something else.

But some of the horror stories on this board and socal, norcal board, it did get to me slowly.

I went with someone who's good, but not seldom on this board. Too much drama on this board. and not flash. not enough control with flash and you always have to try to explain yourself to whoever tuned it, since most of them just wont garanteed their work in a general sense...

I would research some of the flashes out there and decide what you want to go with.

There is always a possibility of Flashed Evo blowing up, no matter who tunes it, so pick the one that's least likely to blow up in your face, literally.

That's my advice.

This is from my experience of course and don't get offended by what I say. If you had a good experience with flash, I'm truely happy for you.
Old Mar 7, 2006, 06:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
I didn't know TT did reflashes. I always see their customers posting SAFC tunes...
Roger that, Im not quite sure that TT does reflashes, I just just throwing out suggestions of contacts.

More importantly, how hard was it for you not to tell him to do a search?! LOL Just kiddin with you man, But I remember the days of the Warrtalon search ****! Here, let me buy you a .
Old Mar 7, 2006, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
True! In So Cali I do not know of any local ECu flashers. If u want just a base flash send it to Vishnu, Works, or Dynoflash. At this level tooning it is all subjective as to which one is best. IMO I would choose a tuner that has extensive experience with the 91 octane we have to use in Cali and one that is the most hated in So Cal. Hint!
Old Mar 7, 2006, 09:31 PM
Evolved Member

Yep, it's scarce in SoCal believe it or not. Noone proficient enough with reflashes except Vishnu. I took a long drive all the way up there to get tuned.. needless to say, those trips will be few and far between..

-M
Old Mar 8, 2006, 10:27 AM
Account Disabled

WORKS will usually have our flashing equipment with us when we head down to one of the SoCal tracks.
Old Mar 8, 2006, 01:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jamie@WORKS
WORKS will usually have our flashing equipment with us when we head down to one of the SoCal tracks.
Yea I was at California Speedway for TA with my new IX last weekend and I saw you guys and kept wondering if you guys had the equipment with you to flash my car. But I chickened out...lol, I would really like to get my IX flashed with a custom road tune since I put the down pipe in but Im worried about voiding my warranty.
Old Mar 8, 2006, 04:23 PM
Evolving Member

"Harmon Motive"

m~
Old Mar 9, 2006, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by macster
"Harmon Motive"

m~
+1 On Harman Motive, they do flashes, the also do EcuTek flashes for IXs.

Tuning Technologies does not do flashes, but tunes with SAFC.

That's it as far as I know, pretty sad huh, all the tuners seem to be in Norcal, why? There always is the mail in flash option, or you could make the trip up north or even east to Arizona (a lot of EVO tuners there too). Harman Motive seems to be a good tuner though so opting with them wouldn't be so bad either.
Old Mar 9, 2006, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

www.jestrtuning.com Cant go wrong.