Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

2006 Evo Tuner Shootout

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2006, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea not too bad.

btw.. if weather has anyone considering making the trip, it is awesome outside today, much more like an April spring day than a July day here in SC.

The temp right now is 74, with a high of 85 predicted. Humidity is also very low. The weekend is supposed to be the same. Quite a lucky break, God must love Evos.

Jon K
Old Jul 7, 2006, 02:04 PM
Evolving Member

Ok new update: We are going!

Gotta get all the cameras and clothes packed, but we'll be leaving in the earrrrly AM sometime. Look out for the crazy fockers with cameras from SRvidz.
Old Jul 8, 2006, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sat. results yet?
Old Jul 8, 2006, 03:00 PM
Evolving Member

Today seemed to have been TEST & Tune day.

I was out there...got some pic's of a few cars mainly only three.

gonna post up in a few.
Not too many Run's by the big Dogs (AMS,GSC etc)....seems the competition is Tomorrow.
Old Jul 8, 2006, 03:08 PM
Evolving Member

Heres a few pic's:
GSC motorsports EVO
This car seemed to be having a few issues but I'm sure ironing them out for tomorrow.

How bout these wheels and that OFFSET

AMS's Beast!:
was running conservatively from what i saw but clocked it in @ even 1:53 slowing down to pit!
Fastest time today seemed to be like 1:45 but they were messing w/ things I believe.

And thier "street car"
This car was amazing on the track as well.Supposedly 380whp w/ a dump pipe.
Sounded UNREAL! was running 1:48's (I clocked) consistantly which is good for this track.It for some reason Looked Faster than all the cars out there.

For refrence...my buddy's have run this track w/ the following cars: EVO, 2 STi's,MR-S, & RX-8 - the rx-8's fastest pretty much stock was a 2:01...EVO w/ exhaust ran a 1:58.

Not too much going on the Robispec Guys just showed up as we were leaving and the AMS tuning "show car" was very nice...no pic's of it though...must have been in awe too much of the Chrome RGII's and Garage HRS fenders.

Last edited by MrFairlady; Jul 8, 2006 at 03:18 PM.
Old Jul 8, 2006, 06:57 PM

I got some pics of the AMS Tuning show car...

Old Jul 8, 2006, 08:00 PM

It was great to put some faces to the names on evoM and a pleasure to just hang around the AMS and GSC guys. The AMS monster evo was amazing to say the least. Jon was quick to give the AMS crew all the credit, all he does is point and shoot and the car does the rest - gotta love that.

Robi had a few wheel spacer issues I heard, and wasn't able to complete/test his setup. Not sure if he got a chance to "test n tune" after I left. So he may be winging it tomorrow. I'm sure he won't let that stand in his way. His Buschur powered car is more than able to pull off an upset in this race.

Hoping to meet more of you guys out there tomorrow...I'll leave you with some more pics from today. Enjoy!

Old Jul 9, 2006, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
where are the live updates? seriously this is the age of "real-time"
Old Jul 9, 2006, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

haha, if i was there, i'd be txtin lap times back
Old Jul 9, 2006, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Old Jul 9, 2006, 03:51 PM
Evolving Member

What a BLAST!

Had a fantastic time guys... was pleased to be signed off by super-instructor Jeff for solo after my first ever HPDE. I had the line down and managed a few very tight laps (I believe in the low 2:00's) but my ABSOLUTELY ATROCIOUS Hawk HPS pads were simply useless, giving me only 2 laps of moderate to hard braking pressure before turning into smoldering useless piles of turd. Can you tell I was upset? :-)

Big thanks to Ali & Chuck from EvoM, James and the SCC gang, and a HUGE thank you to Pirouz and the gang from DPS Tuning who bailed me out of a potentially awful boiled brake fluid disaster with some Motul fluids and help with a full bleed. Also Pure Tuning, thank you guys so much for bleeder hoses and for taking a peek at my leaky tranny.

I can't wait to put my Ferodos back on, clean the rotors and patch up my tranny fluid leak (yes, leak) and get out to the track for the next event. Did I mention that you should NEVER EVER track with Hawk HPS pads EVER. They claim to be street/track pads but they are far from being good at either. Apparently Hawk's other pads are better for track use, I don't know.

Also: thanks to Forge Motorsports for donating prizes for the event, I hope to put my new manual boost control kit and adjustable wastegate actuator to very good use soon. :-)

Did someone forget to hand me the disclaimer card that this habit may be as addictive as crack? (And almost as expensive?) :-)

Best,
Adam

P.S. I know some of you ace camera spectators snapped a picture of my #101 Blue Evo, and I would be very appreciative of any photos you could post/send me...let me know!

Last edited by Ad-Rok; Jul 9, 2006 at 09:29 PM.
Old Jul 9, 2006, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Real quick post with more info to come

Unlimited: Jon K/AMS widebody 144.xxx
Street: Mark D/AMS 147.xxx
Nitto NT-01 - Rober F/Robi Spec in the unlimited car 145.xxx

Leh in the GSC was only .2 off the pace of the AMS car in practice with a great shot at the win, however retired due to a mechanical failure
Old Jul 9, 2006, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for a great time guys. Next year, I will be back with more HP for the Street class.
Old Jul 9, 2006, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

Final Official Results:

Unlimited
1) Jon Krolewicz AMS 1:44.384 -
2) Robert Fuller Robispec 1:45.734
(Leh was having shifter linkage issues in the GSC car, started his runs, but wasn't able to complete them)

Street
1) Mark Daddio AMS 1:47.031
2) Clifton Ching Pure Tuning 1:47.264
3) Cory Friedman GSC 1:47.929
4) Robert Fuller Robispec 1:49.257
5) Marty Grand AMS 1:50.533
6) Kyle Germanton Driven Concepts 1:51.148
7) Dave Ackerson AMS 1:52.177
8) C.J. Moses AMS 1:54.012
Old Jul 9, 2006, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

Big to Clifton Ching and the guys from Pure Tuning for their second place finish in the Street Class!! Congrats guys, well done, hope the suspension did its job!

Quick Reply: 2006 Evo Tuner Shootout