Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

2006 Evo Tuner Shootout

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2006, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just need to clarify something up here... Are any vehicles welcome to enter the car show???
Old May 29, 2006, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The show is for lancers only
Old May 30, 2006, 05:20 PM
Former Sponsor

anyone planing to attend a turn 1 track day before the event? June 24th 25th looks good to me.
Old May 31, 2006, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

Greg,

I will be there, looks like we might have a couple of AMS cars and a customer car or two.

Jon
Old Jun 1, 2006, 03:27 PM

You have to register to be a spectator? And pay now, or can you just do it at the gate?
Old Jun 1, 2006, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

You can get in as a spectator at the gate. We prefer you prepay as it gives us a more accurate head count, but it is not required. Each spectator pass includes parking for one vehicle. I do not think we will fill up on vehicles, but we may.

Also, if you enter in the car show or HPDE, you get a pass for you and one other inlcuded. Vendor entries come with several passes
Old Jun 1, 2006, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

I was going to come but the moment I saw that some can choose Solo or not I just hesitated. I just don’t want some noobe to slam into my EVO after his been placed in advanced just because he believes he is or he said so.

My question is to Ali how are you making sure that novice is not getting mixed with intermediate?

Again I really want to come and I am sure it will be great fun
Old Jun 1, 2006, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

Bah, why is it on the east coast this year? Doesn't SoCal have the highest concentration of Evo's in the country?
Old Jun 1, 2006, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

Hmmm its only 400 miles away from me... Next time you guys need to pick VIR
Old Jun 1, 2006, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

There are multiple HPDE groups based on past experience. Its all about past experience and not how good you think you are. For example, I may think I am a decent driver and have seen unofficial track time, but since I have not done any official track days or HPDEs, I will be in the novice group. For the competition, we are not taking chances, and the cars will be heavily spaced with few on the track.

We would have done VIR but it was booked

As we have mentioned before its only fair that we do it on the east coast this time. It was at Willow last time.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 07:55 PM
spt
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Az3ar
I was going to come but the moment I saw that some can choose Solo or not I just hesitated. I just don’t want some noobe to slam into my EVO after his been placed in advanced just because he believes he is or he said so.

My question is to Ali how are you making sure that novice is not getting mixed with intermediate?

Again I really want to come and I am sure it will be great fun

Seat Time will be handling the HPDE portion, so they will be able to explain a little better then I can but I'll try to give it a shot. (Jon, make sure to correct me if I either missed something or said anything incorrectly).

Have you ever attended a FATT (BSR) event at summit point before? Basically if you usually go to these events in Group 2, you have the chance to be signed off for solo ( It can happen in group 1, but not always). Basically that is what HPDE 3 is for. Seat Time will verify a driver's experience to make sure they belong in solo. The same goes for HPDE 4.

Basically if anyone has concerns as to which run group they should sign up for, here's a break down to help your decision:

- HPDE 1 - Basically if you never attended a HPDE before or you are just starting out, this would be the place for you.

- HPDE 2 - If you attend HPDE's regularly and have been bumped up to a higher level within other HPDE organizations, then this would be the place for you.

- HPDE 3 - If you attend HPDE's regularly and are usually signed off for solo each time then this would be the place for you. A example would be if you attended a FATT (friday at the track) in group 2 and are given permission to run solo right off the bat (this is usually granted from the cheif instructor).

- HPDE 4 - This run group is for instructors or extremely advanced driver's who either have a competition license or who could very easly obtain one.

I hope this answered your question.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 07:58 PM
spt
Evolved Member

I also forgot to mention that there will be classroom sessions. Classroom time really helps new drivers to understand flags, passing points, and other areas they may need help in.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

damnit and that is when Nopi will be at Rockingham????? oooo which one to choose???
Old Jun 2, 2006, 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

how much seat time do we get each day? its 2 days event right?
Old Jun 2, 2006, 07:56 AM
spt
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Az3ar
how much seat time do we get each day? its 2 days event right?

3 sessions of at least 20 minutes (may be more.) each per day and it is a 2 day event.

Quick Reply: 2006 Evo Tuner Shootout