Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

California Evolutions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2006, 09:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fittest
Wow are Cali prices that much cheaper versus Seattle's?
Um, yeah. So far I've been quoted MSRP and no less. $600 in travel expenses to fly down to Cali and pick one up is starting to look pretty enticing
Old Mar 10, 2006, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by urBan_dK
I ran a search and didn't find an answer, maybe someone can help me out.

I am looking at possibly buying an Evo in SoCal (fly down, drive back up) and save myself a few grand.

The one thing holding me back is I'm not sure how California Evos are different. I know on some cars that cars sold in California are detuned to meet CA emission standards (vs. the Federal emission standards).

In other words, is there any difference between a CA Evo and a FED Evo?
Log on to SoCalEvo.net Theres a lot of info there about what dealership gives the best deal and I think is HB Mitsubishi.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 09:43 AM
Evolving Member

http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?op...&topic=19484.0
http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?op...6&topic=5686.0
heres threads about south coast mitsubishi and heres a thread on huntington beachhttp://www.socalevo.net/index.php?op...&topic=18757.0 i would only go there if you can get in direct contact with Sam from SRT Motorsports who is a broker for SC and has a relationship with the owner, anyone else than him i wouldn't waste my time. The owner of South Coast himself screwed me out of a deal a few months back, and after that I went to Huntington Beach where Tom, the owner, met anyones price plus gave a way easier experience overall than any other dealership. You can't go wrong with either Tom or Sam, just read up on peoples past experiences.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 09:54 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by shadowist
http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?op...&topic=19484.0
http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?op...6&topic=5686.0
heres threads about south coast mitsubishi and heres a thread on huntington beachhttp://www.socalevo.net/index.php?op...&topic=18757.0 i would only go there if you can get in direct contact with Sam from SRT Motorsports who is a broker for SC and has a relationship with the owner, anyone else than him i wouldn't waste my time. The owner of South Coast himself screwed me out of a deal a few months back, and after that I went to Huntington Beach where Tom, the owner, met anyones price plus gave a way easier experience overall than any other dealership. You can't go wrong with either Tom or Sam, just read up on peoples past experiences.
I can vouch for Tom at HB Mitsubishi. I have never met Sam. South Coast also tried to screwed me over more than once. Give Tom a call or E-mail he will take care of you and you can eliminate the possibility of a bad experience.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 10:01 AM
Evolving Member

My preference is Huntington Beach Mitsubishi. But I hear South Coast Mitsubishi is great also. If you go to Huntington Beach, talk to Tom and tell him you were referred to him by Evolutionm.net members.

Another good thing is that South Coast and Huntington are ony like 15 minutes frm each other! So you can check out both...
Old Mar 10, 2006, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sirloin1219
there's more car competition here. more demand = cheaper prices, less demand = higher prices. basic econ lol. also more competition for you business = cheaper prices. i would show graphs but ehh, you get the picture =)
Is'nt it the other way around? More demand= higher prices, because supply lowers... and lower demand = cheaper prices because more supply? I might be wrong, but I thought the business side of it was, if your prices are cheap and u get alot of customers, you can raise the prices and lower the amount of customers so that you work less and earn just as much, if not more.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 11:15 AM

Panges - that's not true lol. Sirloin is talking about macro economics. On a general scale, the economy does function like what sirloin describes. When you get down to individual cases, it may be different. But as a whole (macro), he is right.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Cool just fly out!!!!

HUNTINGTON BEACH MITSUBISHI #1
Old Mar 10, 2006, 11:38 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by urBan_dK
Um, yeah. So far I've been quoted MSRP and no less. $600 in travel expenses to fly down to Cali and pick one up is starting to look pretty enticing
Did you ever try what I said in the NW forums?? Did they turn you away?
Old Mar 10, 2006, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by zmeli
I can vouch for Tom at HB Mitsubishi. I have never met Sam. South Coast also tried to screwed me over more than once. Give Tom a call or E-mail he will take care of you and you can eliminate the possibility of a bad experience.
Yes. Tom Croxton is a great guy. I got my car through hiim three weeks ago and am 100% satisified.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

how about you just buy an evo, no matter where you buy it your going to go into debt modding it. HAH
Old Mar 10, 2006, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by trinydex
all evos are california spec. in fact... all cars sold in america are california spec.

exactly

California > Fed
Old Mar 10, 2006, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by PANGES
Is'nt it the other way around? More demand= higher prices, because supply lowers... and lower demand = cheaper prices because more supply? I might be wrong, but I thought the business side of it was, if your prices are cheap and u get alot of customers, you can raise the prices and lower the amount of customers so that you work less and earn just as much, if not more.
it's true with nor-cal mitsu dealers.