Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Wrong springs for MR

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2006, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I appreciate all the help and input you guys have given me. It seems like I'm probably going to have to return the springs(if they will let me)and buy a set of works or swift. It's just annoying to have to do double work and all. Oh well, thank again.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 09:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Idk about the MR but I have had my Hotchkis springs on for about 11,000 mi and absolutely nothing has happened. It still rides exactly like stock and handles exactly like stock if not better.

Yes putting aftermarket springs on a stock strut is going to cause premature wear on the strut because the strut was specifically designed for the stock coil but it varys on the type of spring. Some more, some less. I decided to go with Hotchkis because it is the CLOSEST spring rate to the stock springs. Some manufacturers do not even give you a spring rate (like Tein I think)...so how you are supposed to know?...I have no idea.

But so far so good. Hope this helps.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well here's the good news. I stopped by AMS to ask them about the situation and they said I had nothing to worry about and that they are running several MRs on this same set up with no problems. They also said that if anything did go wrong that they would look into it for me. That is a huge load off my shoulders.