Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

What's wrong with my stock evo???

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2006, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my new stock evo does this, on the stock mr guages :< im not too fond of the boost bouncing around.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 05, and my boost was pritty normal until I start changing out exhuast manifold and tbe and now I get the same problem but I've been taking it easy for a little bit since part change out. went thorgh a couple of tanks of gas and the ecu has since adjusted to the new air flow. I think your can is perhaps adjusting to whatever else you have done.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

Ok good i'm glad i'm not the only one. I changed out all my plastic hoses to rubber the whole way and it still does it. Oh and for all you guys that are telling me to check my ic hoses and if I purchased the car new. Check the first post and you would see the car is brand spankin new.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 07:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by daved
way off topic... but what does wot mean???
Old Mar 10, 2006, 11:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 8urv8
Use the regular vacumn hose all the way. I don't like that plastic stuff that comes with the gauge, plus it doesn't seem to hold up to under hood temps as well as the other stuff.
with the SW gauges you need the plastic line to connect to the back of the boost gauge. It has to be installed. At least just a small portion of it.
Old Mar 12, 2006, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by althemean
with the SW gauges you need the plastic line to connect to the back of the boost gauge. It has to be installed. At least just a small portion of it.
No you don't have to use the plastic hose. I just went to the hardware store and bought a brass nipple fitting to screw directly onto the back of the gauge. SW and Autometer both use the plastic tubing but they don't include a nipple fitting if you don't want to use it. I found it to be bit more accurate just to have avacuum hose directly from the gauge to the source with no kinks.