Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Tanabe Concept G Blue EVO Turboback Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2006, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tanabe Concept G Blue EVO Turboback Exhaust

How does this exhaust compare to some of the other popular ones out there (i.e. Buschur's, HKS, Turbo XS)?

I couldn't find an Intake/Exhaust forum here so I wanted to ask to get some input.

Thanks
Old Mar 10, 2006, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

EXHAUST IS AN EXHUAST DOESNT MATTER WHO MAKES IT. A 3 INCH EXHAUST IS A 3INCH EXHAUST.

trust me put on your flame suit now.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 10:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sirloin1219
EXHAUST IS AN EXHUAST DOESNT MATTER WHO MAKES IT. A 3 INCH EXHAUST IS A 3INCH EXHAUST.

smartest thing ive heard in a long long time
Old Mar 10, 2006, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Then why do I get so many different types of advice when I talk to people.

Try to read my username it is really where I am with my EVO.

I am not an idiot but I can't seem to clear up the mud when trying to figure out which one is better or worse.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 10:46 AM
Evolving Member

^^^dude, we're all in the same boat unfortunately. there are no reliable comparisons of evo TBE's. just find a 3" that looks and sounds the way you want it. go to norcalevo for sound clips.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

the only difference between different exhuasts is sound and look. other than that. they all do the same thing.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

trust me put on your flame suit now.Today 09:57 AM
This is not true. If it comes from Japan and cost big money then it must be better. Their pipes produce more power than the American Pipes.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 05-EVO-GSR
This is not true. If it comes from Japan and cost big money then it must be better. Their pipes produce more power than the American Pipes.

i hope your kidding lol. maybe if it weighed less then yea i could understand price, but we are talking about performance . i can't see me paying 850 for a catback. when i can pay 500 for a full tbe.

and the catback i have. i got used so it's was alot cheaper haha. so im not a hypocrite hahah
Old Mar 10, 2006, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sirloin1219

This is not 100% true... here's a couple of examples:

1. There are plenty of exhausts out on the market that are advertised as 3" turbo-back exhausts. Upon more careful inspection, some of these exhausts taper down to 2.75" at the flanges then go back to 3". Also, some exhausts have a inner-diameter that's smaller than 3" and have a 3" outter-diameter. Also, some exhausts use a smaller than 3" inlet for their mufflers.

2. Exhausts systems are generally made out of three metal types... mild steel, stainless steel, or titanium... and sometimes a combination of the three. If weight matters, which it does to some, this could be a big impact. If future rusting matters, again, this could be a big issue.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

ok ok so it's 98% true. not sure how different metals can restrict flow. i understand rust can restrict flow, but lets use ceteris paribus, all exhausts equal. lets say we are comparing a 3" titanium, 3" alluminum, 3" stainless steel. there are no neck downs. it's a full 3" all the way through. do you think there will be a difference in performance between the 3?
Old Mar 10, 2006, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

I guess I ask this because in my mind I was sold on the BR tbe with their new bullet muffler (no cat by the way)

And I have talked to a few people in person and they have suggested to not get the BR tbe?

So maybe I am just trying to figure out why someone would say that??
Old Mar 10, 2006, 01:20 PM

i just ordered the concept g blue.....i think they are sold out everywhere......and for the people that don't want to give advice stay the *** out the thread.....i'm tired of people with way too much time on their hands that all they do is come in and ridicule......anyway, if you want jdm and got the extra money to spend and you arent cheap like half the people on here and want better things for the evo....go with the tanabe....i did, great looking exhaust and sound wise, im sure beter than these usdm backs, when i put mine on next week ill try and post up a clip! good lu ck!!!!
Old Mar 10, 2006, 01:31 PM
Account Disabled

Consider the Tanabe to be comparable in quality and performance to most Japanese exhausts like HKS, GReddy, Apexi, etc. Tanabe's newer exhausts are typically on the quiet side.

Their website has a lot of excellent information on it.

That said, the Buschur and AMS units are excellent parts as well.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by g35sammy
i just ordered the concept g blue.....i think they are sold out everywhere......and for the people that don't want to give advice stay the *** out the thread.....i'm tired of people with way too much time on their hands that all they do is come in and ridicule......anyway, if you want jdm and got the extra money to spend and you arent cheap like half the people on here and want better things for the evo....go with the tanabe....i did, great looking exhaust and sound wise, im sure beter than these usdm backs, when i put mine on next week ill try and post up a clip! good lu ck!!!!
Hey Bro... when you get that installed, can I come check it out?
I'm in philly too. hit me up w/ pm. thanks in advance....
Old Mar 10, 2006, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

Jack,

I have read the stuff on their site and listened to this exhaust on a subie wrx. It was the only sound clip for this exhaust. I must say that it did not sound quiet at all. It really sounded mean to me. So all things equal (diameter size, cat delete) really all exhaust systems perform the same??

Quick Reply: Tanabe Concept G Blue EVO Turboback Exhaust